Sjor Harmsopoly: QF - Enigma vs Himannv

With players at their listed peak, who would win? (only votes accompanied by a comment count)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Enigma

Himannv

Enigma Tactics

Formation: 4-3-3, Direct, quick transitions and hitting the opposition with pace.

Defence:

At the heart of the defence we have one of Argentina's finest - Daniel Passarella, who is playing in his natural LCB role. Right next to him is Forster who is one of the best markers in the game, taking care of the opposition striker mainly. Ruud Krol will be playing in a balanced full back role, supporting the attack when proceedings are on the left flank and also holding fort in the defensive phase. On the right Zanetti will be in his natural attacking right back role.

Midfield:
Franz Beckenbauer
will play sorts of a libero role that most likely he would occupy if he played today as he is the midfield general that would affect the game more from just in front of the defence. He can initiate the attacks, start move from deep but also protect the back four and sniff out the opposition danger when called upon. Alongside Kaiser Franz, we have Robson in his natural B2B role complimented with Sir Bobby in the attacking third. Robson will be playing as advanced playmaker, linking defence with attack and also probing for goal and attacking the box.

Attack:
A mouthwatering duo we have the Benfica's most renown player in Eusebio who will play in his natural SS role, probing the flank and also attacking the box. His natural instinct and goalscoring prowess will make it really hard to be contained especially with the service getting from behind. Robin van Persie plays in his striker role of his late and peak Arsenal days. On the right we have Dejan Savicevic - 2nd in Ballon D'or when Red Star won it. His trickery, pace and directness will help gain numerical advantage when taking on the opposition defender and allowing space for Eusebio and RvP in the box.

Advantages:
- all of our players are in their peak form. They either made their name in the team chosen or are in at their career peak.
- rock solid defence shielded by one of the GOAT's in the game.
- Sir Bobby, Eusebio and RvP have a lot of goals in their game each of them contributing with different aspects to the team.

Beckenbauer at his peak:
Midfield battle with Charlton - always worth a look
Excellent all round display by Charlton for the NT.

And a great compilation from @harms of Eusebio scoring a hattrick.

Same mechanics as last game with the addition of Savicevic whose trickery would give Junior headache on the flank.

Himannv Tactics

Formation: 4-2-3-1

Tactics:

We recognize that Enigma has a formidable attacking unit, midfielders of immense skill, and lots of quality in central areas so we want to defend with our two midfielders acting as double pivots and shielding the back four.

Our tactics are to sit deeper and attack the wider areas on the counter with both Finney and Salah at their peak with attacking fullbacks to support them plus Baggio and Muller of course.

Our tactics are to always defend with minimum 6 players, similar to the following:

While there will be occasions when Salah and Finney help out their fuillbacks, their primary job is an attacking tactic to receive the ball wide on the counter and take advantage of the spaces particularly if his fullbacks get forward.

Where will Muller and Baggio be? Dropping deeper or running into spaces, pulling the CBs out of position after tempting them into a higher line. If the wide players draw the defenders instead , they slot into the vacated spaces and get closer to box making themselves open to receive the ball and score. We envision something like this as a situation where we hope to find ourselves:

How will the counters be launched? All of our back 6 are good enough on the ball to play a pass that can set off a counter attack.

We plan to close the spaces, defend tight as a group, play to our tactic, and win together.

Enigma_87

You know who
From first glance I think Briegel will have some issue with Dejo dribbling ability maxing runs, whilst older Kohler with attacking Dani Alves might open the door for Eusebio pace and directness.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Voted for Enigma due to overall quality although Himannv having a vastly superior striker (Muller vs. van Persie) makes it close

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I prefer himannv's team.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Beckenbauer and Passarella seems a overkill. Not sure who will have to compromise for the other as I don't see both able to play their peak here. Other than that, stellar team. Still hate Eusebio on the left!

Balanced setup from HMan.

Undecided.

Teritus

Sure thing. I can't say I can give too much of an expert tactical analysis, but I think you have too much quality throughout your team and your midfield seems ready to dominate.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
similar tactics but enigma just has the edge in quality even though i dont like kaiser in this team and those tactics

Himannv

Sorry for the delay in replying folks, was shifting to the night shift today so my work times have changed.

For those on the fence, I think this is about star quality vs a cohesive team. Having said that, I think my frontline can wreck anyone on their day under these circumstances.

Himannv

Giving this to Enigma based on player strength.
While I do agree in general, I'd argue that my frontline is actually far superior in terms of quality with Muller vs RVP being a particularly decisive point in my favor. It also leads to the tactical fit being better for me as my team far more dangerous on the counter than his is when his tactics seem to indicate he'd like to play that way as well.

Himannv

Sure thing. I can't say I can give too much of an expert tactical analysis, but I think you have too much quality throughout your team and your midfield seems ready to dominate.
This is fair of course, Enigma's midfield will dominate due to the personnel. However, we are happy to concede possession and play on the counter and my front line is actually very very good if you'd notice. They'd put most defenses to the sword and my striker is very clinical. I think they'd definitely get chances here.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
If I vote for enigma it's because I see his midfield controlling the tempo of the match.
If I vote for himan it's because I see his attacking three as more likely to score on a regular basis

Enigma_87

You know who
Thanks mate for the input !

While I do agree in general, I'd argue that my frontline is actually far superior in terms of quality with Muller vs RVP being a particularly decisive point in my favor. It also leads to the tactical fit being better for me as my team far more dangerous on the counter than his is when his tactics seem to indicate he'd like to play that way as well.
Whilst I obviously agree with the Muller / RvP comparison, although RvP at his heyday was a significant threat up top, I think Muller being away from the box works in our favour.

By having him outside the box and defensive cover in Beckenbauer/Passarella/Forster we can sniff out the danger and have more time to react.
On the other hand I see it’s a bit of a 4-4-1-1 in the defensive phase but how good was Baggio providing support to the midfield if this is young Baggio ? From memories he was a bit of a maverick and generally free role forward?

Enigma_87

You know who
Good game @Himannv ! You upgraded well whilst I made a sideways moves due to the roll and this could’ve gone either way.

Himannv

Congratz on the win, mate.

By having him outside the box and defensive cover in Beckenbauer/Passarella/Forster we can sniff out the danger and have more time to react.
On the other hand I see it’s a bit of a 4-4-1-1 in the defensive phase but how good was Baggio providing support to the midfield if this is young Baggio ? From memories he was a bit of a maverick and generally free role forward?
We'd defend with minimum 6 at all times, so a back 4 with the two midfielders shielding typically. So to get numerical parity, one of your back 4 or DM also has to join in your attack or we will have an extra man in defense.

The front 4 occasionally engage defensively as well, but their focus is on which player gets forward among your back 4 and DM. From your OP, it looks like that will most likely be Zanetti. That gap is what we'll look to exploit on the counter first. At that point, Muller and Baggio will be working on pulling players away at first before getting into the box, unless the gap is initially theirs to exploit.

That is the tactic. Counter attacking football with an organized defensive shape and players who can pass well in the backline and midfield.