Sjor Harmsopoly: R1 - Prolifik vs Sjor

With players at their listed peak, who would win? (only votes accompanied by a comment count)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Prolifik

Sjor

Profilik Tactics

Peaks: Barthez (Monaco 1996-00); Angloma (Marseille 1994-97), Mozer (Benfica 1987-89), Hummels (Dortmund 2010-14), Maldini (Milan, 1988-92); Rodri (Man City 2019-present), Prosinečki (Red Star 1988-91), Deco (Porto 2002-04), Savićević (Red Star 1989-92), Eto'o (Barca 2004-09), Mané (Liverpool 2016-20)

Our overall gameplan is to counter-press aggressively with our front six so we can win the ball high up the pitch and break at pace. We have several players suited to the task: Mané is very much accustomed to this approach from his time with Klopp's Liverpool, similarly to Hummels with Klopp's Dortmund, Eto'o with Pep's Barca, and Rodri with Pep's Man City. Young Deco was known for his energy and willingness to get stuck in despite being a flair player. Prosinečki and Savićević starred in a Red Star team that employed aggressive midfield pressing and rapid counter-attacks very effectively at times during their European Cup triumph. Mozer and Angloma have the athleticism and intelligence to adapt to a higher line; Maldini can play pretty much any way you need (and at least has experience with Milan's famed offside trap); and Barthez is quick off his line and comfortable on the ball.

Winning the ball high up gives us the best chance to unleash our lethal attackers. Prosinečki and Savićević are nigh on unstoppable running at defenders on the break, Deco is another brilliant dribbler who can pick out a through pass, Eto'o and Mané are both lightning quick with terrific movement, and of course behind them all Rodri is an expert at moving the ball quickly and decisively to initiate attacking moves. Furthermore, we can't afford to allow Sjor's stacked midfield to settle on the ball and dictate play. Sjor's team is presumably looking to play a similarly proactive style, but we feel our pace on and off the ball give us an edge. Our technical ability can stand comparison to anyone's with Prosinečki, Savićević, Deco, and Rodri working magic on the ball, not to mention our classy CB partnership of Mozer and Hummels.

Sjor Tactics

Tactics: @Joga Bonito
Peaks: All at their very best!

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Šjor Bepo How much did Zico contribute off the ball? Also how much did he like the inside right channel?

Also did Jusufi get forward much?

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@prolifik did well with his rolls but Sjor created a near-perfect 4-2-2-2. You can probably upgrade the defense individually but it already looks like a great and well-balanced unit. The midfield & attack are almost non-upgradable at this point :drool:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
@Šjor Bepo How much did Zico contribute off the ball? Also how much did he like the inside right channel?

Also did Jusufi get forward much?
honestly, no idea....im not that familiar with Zico to know that segment of the game.. But even if he was a lazy fecker that did feck all he is surrounded with hard workers all over the pitch

sometimes he did, sometimes he didnt...depends of the opposition. Think you have a compilation of his European Cup finals so check that, from memory he was going up fairly often there.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Feel like I could have used my time a lot more productively than doing a writeup for this one :lol:
was like you before but realized its pointless as most dont read it or when they do they nitpick your team while other one that said feck all about his team gets away with it....

btw love your team, probably the one that rates them higher then you :lol:
only one id change is id have a more balanced striker rather then have 3 "runner" up front

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
honestly, no idea....im not that familiar with Zico to know that segment of the game.. But even if he was a lazy fecker that did feck all he is surrounded with hard workers all over the pitch

sometimes he did, sometimes he didnt...depends of the opposition. Think you have a compilation of his European Cup finals so check that, from memory he was going up fairly often there.
Cool. In that case I have no complaints. Excellent front four that work perfectly for the square.

prolifik

was like you before but realized its pointless as most dont read it or when they do they nitpick your team while other one that said feck all about his team gets away with it....

btw love your team, probably the one that rates them higher then you :lol:
only one id change is id have a more balanced striker rather then have 3 "runner" up front
Yeah, unfortunately the attack was where my bad rolls restricted me the most. Had to take two Africans/Asians and the ones I picked were by far the best available.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sjor has built a juggernaut.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Maybe my memory is bad but I thought it was mostly Socrates on the inside-right.
They started the games more lined with Sócrates on the right and Zico on the left but the WC squad was very fluid and I'd Zico more roamed from the center than anything else. I don't think its something that would negate his game.

Himannv

I’d definitely prefer Zico on the left gun to head, but he can certainly play on the right as well from what I can tell.

Regarding his off the ball game, he definitely could work off the ball judging by like one game that I watched. Mostly 1v1 stuff really because there was no organized press or anything like that.