Gaming Skate 4 announced!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Huuuuuge!

They finally caved in to everyone asking for it :lol:

This could be amazing if they get the online side of it right

Cuz Parry and Deran Chung appeared on EA Play to announce that a new Skate is "really early" in development.

The last Skate game, Skate 3, was released in 2010. Since then the series has gone dormant. Especially after developer EA Black Box was closed in April 2013

Skate remained a beloved, cult franchise and fans have asked EA for a new Skate game for years. And every year EA has kept mum on the series, until today.

Skate series producer Chris "Cuz" Perry appeared in a video today during EA Play to announced that the studio is working on a new Skate game. Whether it's Skate 4, or if it will be titled something else was not announced at today's live show.

Perry joked, "We really cannot believe you commented this into existence," referencing the social media campaign to get EA to develop a new Skate.
https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-announces-a-new-skate

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Do we trust EA to not mess this up?
Nope. Like I said in the Tony Hawk thread, they don’t seem to have any sort of tangible plan, they’re just reacting to the Tony Hawk hype and calls for Skate, because money.

I’ll be surprised if there is any sort of energy and inspiration put into the single player mode, it’ll be an online loot box bonanza.

b82REZ

Nope. Like I said in the Tony Hawk thread, they don’t seem to have any sort of tangible plan, they’re just reacting to the Tony Hawk hype and calls for Skate, because money.

I’ll be surprised if there is any sort of energy and inspiration put into the single player mode, it’ll be an online loot box bonanza.
The devs on the announcement video seemed pretty passionate and it would appear it's public demand that has willed this into existence. Generally these passion projects are faithful to the originals and usually well received.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't trust them but I have a good feeling about this. Hopefully they want to draw everyone in first, before fecking up the sequels after that.
About 15 years late for that mate

evil_geko

That took long enough...

Feck EA, I am waiting for this to come out, it will probably be better too.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Fans eagerly awaited fresh news of EA's highly-anticipated new Skate game have been given their wish, but it mighn't be quite what they were expecting. EA and developer Full Circle have shared a new 18-minute video, announcing, among other things, that their long-awaited skateboarding revival will be a free-to-play live-service game.

#prayersforveeva