Sky Atlantic - New TV channel

lesclaypool

Haven't seen this posted. From Wiki:

Sky Atlantic is a forthcoming television channel owned by British Sky Broadcasting, due to launch in February 2011 on Sky in the United Kingdom and the Ireland. Sky Atlantic will be available in both standard-definition and high-definition, the latter on Sky Atlantic HD. Stuart Murphy will extend his responsibilities and become Director of Programmes for Sky1, Sky2 and Sky3 and Sky Atlantic.

Programmes on the channel will also be offered to Sky customers via on-demand channels including the Sky Anytime+ service. As of 1 October 2010, BSkyB said that it could not confirm any wholesale deals with other pay-TV operators, such as Virgin Media, to carry Sky Atlantic.

The launch of Sky Atlantic follows the broadcaster's £150m, five-year deal to snap up the exclusive UK and Irish TV rights to HBO's entire archive, new HBO programming and a first-look deal on all co-productions. The deal does not cover programmes with pre-existing agreements with other broadcasters, such as the first-run rights to Eastbound & Down and True Blood on FX, until their licence expires. Sky is also understood to have bid at least 25% more than the BBC to acquire Lionsgate Television's Mad Men.

It was announced on 25 October 2010, that Sky Atlantic would launch on Sky channel 108, which is currently occupied by Sky3.
Sky Atlantic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sky Atlantic: The Home Of World Class Television - Sky TV

20solskjaer

Im looking forward too it, ive managed to hold off watching boardwalk empire up till now, looking forward to it in hd

Brophs

The One and Only
Apparently this is going to be part of the Sky Variety pack, which means it shouldn't cost us any more than it already does. Not bad at all.

20solskjaer

Apparently this is going to be part of the Sky Variety pack, which means it shouldn't cost us any more than it already does. Not bad at all.
Pretty sure it says on the advert that its free to sky customers

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yeah I think it's free to all Sky Customers - I too want to watch Boardwalk Empire, looks good.

Alex

They are going to make an absolute killing, compared to how much they paid HBO for the rights to archive for 5 years

Zen

If it's free to all, it'll probably only be for a limited time. It'll definitely end up in the Variety pack, either way, I have Sky World anyway, can't wait.....hope they don't have us waiting like 2 months though, and do it how it's been done with House, The Walking Dead and the last season of Lost, like a few days, that would be awesome to finally get HBO shows at pretty much the same time in full HD, as 720p HDTV mkvs are usually pretty shitty compared to their sky counterparts.

Fuzzymel

I hope Mad Men will be up to date.

I haven't seen it from the start so it will be nice to see the previous series.