Small-time clubs

Irrational.

Is there a more small-time 'big' club than Man City? Yet again a completely unnecessary dig at us following our defeat today to appear relevant.

Can you imagine a Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern or Liverpool doing something like this?

With their 'Welcome to Manchester' antics in the past, is there a bigger small-time club that tries so desperately to appear relevant than Man City? They will never have my respect, no matter what they go on to achieve.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Don't be so precious. I can appreciate some light-hearted teasing by rivals and would return the favor if merited.

If anything, this should fire up the players & Ole, and motivate them even harder to play better.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yeah, that's a bit weird, and it'd be equally weird if we (the club's official platforms) got behind Leicester after they dicked them too. Which I am glad we didn't do.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is there such a thing as a small time club any more though? I mean, Liverpool won the league last year, Leicester won it not so long ago, City win things relatively frequently, Arsenal look capable of winning a cup and Everton and Villa are top of the table right now. Are clubs just more equal than they used to be? Would it actually properly shock anyone if Villa got top 6 this year?

Ludens the Red

May have been funny had they not lost 5-2 at home last week and then fumbled to a draw yesterday. Most big clubs would be too concerned with getting their own house in order.
But we know all know what they’re like. It doesn’t matter what they achieve whatever situation they’re in and we’re in, it will always come back to their inferiority complex with Manchester United.

pawanraj

Who cares? We should worry about losing 1-6 and our spineless display, not about Man City making fun of us losing.

How precious and entitled are we that a joke about a disgraceful performance at home causes a "WAAH! Man City bad, they joke about us! Why won't they respect us!" reaction?

Pace Abuser

I think it's a nod to them beating us 6-1 too. It is bizarre given how shit they themselves are at the moment. Strange timing.

el3mel

It's a joke. I honestly don't know how people find these annoying.

el3mel

I think it's a nod to them beating us 6-1 too. It is bizarre given how shit they themselves are at the moment. Strange timing.
They finished 15 points ahead of us last season and that was the seasons they weren't in form in. They won league title in the 2 seasons before it including a domestic treble. They are in far better state than us never mind any problems thay might have. Of course they will have the time to take a dig and remind us of their 6-1 win on us.

Yeah they lost to Leicester by 5 goals but 3 of them were penalties.

Needham

Is there a more small-time 'big' club than Man City? Yet again a completely unnecessary dig at us following our defeat today to appear relevant.

Can you imagine a Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern or Liverpool doing something like this?

With their 'Welcome to Manchester' antics in the past, is there a bigger small-time club that tries so desperately to appear relevant than Man City? They will never have my respect, no matter what they go on to achieve.
Everyone's so sensitive. You call it a dig, it's just a joke.This stuff actually bothers you? Next you'll be asking for a system of warning points issued by the Premier League as applied by the hyperwoke moderators of a football forum or something...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't anyone notice the "Lads, it's Spurs" tweet from their site.

I thought that was pretty funny.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Meh. It's just a joke, in keeping with the very banter-y tone a lot of club social media accounts are adopting these days (which can be grating sometimes, tbf). Don't see how it's something to get even mildly irritated by, or how it makes them any more "small-time" than the hundreds of other clubs doing the same type of shit.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Casually forgetting their wonderful effort against Leicester