Smalling and Hernandez injuries

Moriarty

Walking off is not really indicitive of the seriousness of the injury. I know a local rugby player who walked off after having snapped 3 of his knee ligaments. Lets wait and see.
He must have been a hard bugger. I did my ACL when I was 30 and the pain was excruciating. I couldn't put any weight on it at all. teh only good thing about that was the morphine they gave me after the operation.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Chelsea complaining about offside decisions :lol:

It was a terrible challenge on Hernandez and although his ankle bent badly he seemed to be more concerned with his shin/calf when talking to the trainers. Hopefully hes ok but in reply to plechazunga saying he walked off, players with torn cruciates and such can walk off looking ok so I wouldnt read much into that....oh right exactly Commadus :D

Commadus

Anderson walked off and he had done his acl in. I sincerely hope Hernandez is not seriously hurt and we don't have Arsenal medical team :)

Cal?

CR7 fan
Chelsea complaining about offside decisions :lol:

It was a terrible challenge on Hernandez and although his ankle bent badly he seemed to be more concerned with his shin/calf when talking to the trainers. Hopefully hes ok but in reply to plechazunga saying he walked off, players with torn cruciates and such can walk off looking ok so I wouldnt read much into that....oh right exactly Commadus :D

Just had to post this... :mad:

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Goo's comment was actually a pretty fair precis of what AVB inferred.
That's possibly even too fair of your, but that's basically what he's implying.

And getting a bad call, or 5 bad calls against your team is no reason to try to break someone's shin. Pretty petty stuff from Boas, hard to imagine SAF not getting blasted if he said something like that.

Which of course he never would.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The more I think about it I just can't believe he meant to connect the two. Maybe it's just one of those things managers say, trying to draw attention back to the tiny bit of ground the has to stand on, the 'we were screwed by the ref' ground.

You know, the jounos just want to ask questions that will make you look stupid and weak, so when they ask you why the team played so crap, you say, "Well we didn't get any calls and so that put out guys off and it was hard for them to calm down," and you've at least deflected some of the attention from the players.

So when they bring up perhaps their worst moment as a team, Cole's challenge, maybe he's trying to deflect by bringing up the bad calls.

But it comes out like a vague threat.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Hernandez could be back for the game against Stoke so says his representatives

ricky-romeo

Hernandez could be back for the game against Stoke so says his representatives
great news if true. glad it is not a long term injury after all.

we also could have welbeck back as well. even if hernandez is available maybe he should start from the bench as a precaution.

Neutral

BTV
The Manchester United forward is understood to have suffered a bruised shin, rather than ligament damage, during Sunday’s victory against Chelsea.
Hernández, who was able to walk off the pitch following the 77th-minute incident in United’s 3-1 win, is expected to be out for two weeks and will miss Tuesday night’s Carling Cup tie at Leeds, as well as the forthcoming fixtures against Stoke City, Basle and Norwich City.

With the Mexican already discounted from Ferguson’s plans for the trip to Elland Road because of the United manager’s determination to rotate his squad, Dimitar Berbatov is set to be handed his first start of the season against Simon Grayson’s Championship outfit.
The Bulgarian, United’s £30.75 million record signing, has managed just 36 minutes of first-team action this season after being overlooked in favour of Hernández and 20-year-old Danny Welbeck as Wayne Rooney’s strike partner so far this campaign.
Having been left out of United’s squad for the Champions League final defeat against Barcelona at Wembley in May, Berbatov’s Old Trafford future had been a subject of doubt during the summer and the club have yet to decide whether to extend the 30 year-old’s contract beyond its expiry date next June.

Ferguson has insisted that the former Tottenham striker will be given an opportunity to contribute this season, yet it appears as though the Carling Cup currently offers Berbatov his only likely route into the team. Berbatov’s languid and unhurried style of play jars with the free-flowing football being played by United this season, but Ferguson is expected to pair the striker with Federico Macheda and Michael Owen at Leeds.

With Chris Smalling ruled out for two weeks with a groin injury, Antonio Valencia is set to play at right-back, with Anders Lindegaard replacing the rested David de Gea in goal.

Manchester United striker Javier Hernández escapes with bruised shin after 'shocking' challenge from Ashley Cole - Telegraph
Good news for Hernandez - could have been a lot worse, but not so great for Smalling. With Rio and Vida still out, we could have done with Smalling, especially with Stoke on the weekend.

Kelvin

Good news for Hernandez - could have been a lot worse, but not so great for Smalling. With Rio and Vida still out, we could have done with Smalling, especially with Stoke on the weekend.
no quote, wait for fergie confirmation, but i like to think both hernandez and smalling will be fit for the stoke game :(

Northstand

SSN reporting Hernandez will return to training on Wednesday, according to his agent. Great news if that's the case.