Gaming SNES (Game Console)

Member 5225

Anyone spent most of their childhood on one (like me)?
I came across some absolute gems on youtube, for nostalgia's sake:

:drool:

Eriku

I wish... I was impatient and Sonic looked like fun, so I insisted we get the Mega Drive.

Dreadful call.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yep. Got all 96 levels on mario too. Took me fecking ages. :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I wish... I was impatient and Sonic looked like fun, so I insisted we get the Mega Drive.

Dreadful call.
Loved the Megadrive.
Sonic
Streets of Rage
Revenge of Shinobi
Mortal Kombat

Some absolute classics

Edit: A few other worthy mentions
Road Rash
Quackshot
Operation Wolf
Sunset riders
Outrun
Golden Axw
Micro Machines

Gaming back in the day was so simple, but very entertaining

Last edited:

Member 5225

*Kanye Voice* - maaaan they don't make 'em like this anymore...

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
commodore 64 is where's it's at.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Loved the Megadrive.
Sonic
Streets of Rage
Revenge of Shinobi
Mortal Kombat

Some absolute classics

Road Rash
Quackshot
Operation Wolf
Sunset riders
Outrun
Golden Axw
Micro Machines

Don't know if this was classed as a decent game (let's be honest, they were all very similar), but it's bringing back a ton of nostalgia.

I also remember getting this at a carboot but I was too young to get what was going on..

20solskjaer

I've still got my original snes from when i was about 8 or 9, still works too

Every so often during a night when my brother and sister in law are round for dinner and a few beers we fire it up and have a game of mario kart, super mario world or mario bros 3, the other halves think its sad that after all these years we still have so much fun playing it

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Don't know if this was classed as a decent game (let's be honest, they were all very similar), but it's bringing back a ton of nostalgia.

I also remember getting this at a carboot but I was too young to get what was going on..

Holy shit, didn't know Aladin was on the SNES. Used to love that game.

NM

Still play SNes games on emulators. If I'm rich I'll buy one for the nostalgia. this was a shininng light in my childhood

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wasted far too much time on SF2 and SF2 turbo.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Most of these games are in the N Shop via the Wii U / 3DS and available for around £5.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I had a Mega Drive because my parents were stupid. Possibly the only console where the unofficial control pads were better than the proper ones. Your hands would ache after half an hour on Streets of Rage. And Street Fighter2, you would have to press Start to change the function on the buttons from Punches to Kicks. Crap. You needed one of the unofficial pads with the X Y & Z buttons, and a non-shit D-Pad.

I played my Amiga more, because of Sensible World of Soccer. The hardest game ever made. I had an epic career mode going with Sheffield Wednesday, I got them to the UEFA Cup final, but just could not beat Inter Milan. I had it saved at that point and replayed that final about 200 times. Could never even come close to winning. I'm getting angry just thinking about it, even though it was 20 years ago. feck that game.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Second console I ever had. Loved Mario. Aladdin was awesome too.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
I still to this day maintain that Super Mario AllStars was the best value for money game purchase I've seen. Higher quality versions of SMB1-3, Lost Levels and Super Mario World, all on one cartridge? Sorted.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
My cousin and I used to spend a crazy about of time playing International Superstar Soccer Deluxe. Great game, I was shit at it though.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I had a Super Wildcard for the SNES and used to get games on floppy disk from this Chinese guy in the Corn Exchange.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The Japanese version was called Winning 11. I had that first. Deluxe was the update to the first UK release.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I had a Super Wildcard for the SNES and used to get games on floppy disk from this Chinese guy in the Corn Exchange.
One of my mates had one of those too. Had about 500 games for it, but they were mostly in Japanese. There was one game that was a penalty shoot out game, but there was a mode in the game where the goalkeepers would fight each other, like a standard beat-em-up game. I've not been able to find a trace of it since. I'm sure people think I'm making it up.

Member 39557

I had a Mega Drive because my parents were stupid. Possibly the only console where the unofficial control pads were better than the proper ones. Your hands would ache after half an hour on Streets of Rage. And Street Fighter2, you would have to press Start to change the function on the buttons from Punches to Kicks. Crap. You needed one of the unofficial pads with the X Y & Z buttons, and a non-shit D-Pad.

I played my Amiga more, because of Sensible World of Soccer. The hardest game ever made. I had an epic career mode going with Sheffield Wednesday, I got them to the UEFA Cup final, but just could not beat Inter Milan. I had it saved at that point and replayed that final about 200 times. Could never even come close to winning. I'm getting angry just thinking about it, even though it was 20 years ago. feck that game.
I had the official sega 6 button joypads for that. Cost me a bomb, but it was glorious.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Loved the Megadrive.
Sonic
Streets of Rage
Revenge of Shinobi
Mortal Kombat

Some absolute classics

Road Rash
Quackshot
Operation Wolf
Sunset riders
Outrun
Golden Axw
Micro Machines

This. :cool:

RedRevongge

Does anyone remember Kid Klown in Crazy Chase, Battletoads and Animaniacs?

Maybe not the best games but I have memories of playing these

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Does anyone remember Kid Klown in Crazy Chase, Battletoads and Animaniacs?

Maybe not the best games but I have memories of playing these
I played both battletoads and animaniacs.
Thinking of it, I don't think they could get away with games like this any more :lol: Pretty much all the same games with different skins to an extent