Soccer Saturday

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Having a massive pop at us - its quite hilarious to watch actually!

Merson - "United 5 win streak is lucky, should've lost against soton, draw to stoke, arsenal could've been 3-0 up before half time"

Charlie 'earring' Nicholas - "Not sure how this United team is 3rd"

Le Tiss - "United players look petrified, they don't have any confidence"

No idea what Phil Thompson was saying as couldn't understand him.

I just love it when the ABU nation get all riled up when talking about us! :D

Edit: It was Merson who said 'United players look petrified, they don't have any confidence' not le tiss.

Can't remember who said this, but someone was having a pop at LVG "one game he says he needs 6 months to get this team ready, then 2 games later he says 3 years, then he says 6 months again" - Cue the rest of then bursting into a fit of laughter.

Last edited:

Dobba

Le Tissier was just complaining about how emergency loan talk would be affecting Newcastle's goalkeeper after his game against Chelsea.
The same guy spent 5 minutes complaining that Van Gaal didn't say he wants new defenders in January less than half an hour previously.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Merson was talking a lot of shit.
"They're scared, they're petrified, van Gaal has got under their skin" when talking about our poor passing vs Soton.

When they talk about liverpool losing the ball midweek, he goes, "even Maradona lost the ball" :rolleyes:.

And another thing, they were talking about the fact like we should buy a CB in January because the ones we have aren't good enough. We're third in the league with the CB's being missing most of the time. And who is this magical CB that is going to solve our problem? It makes more sense to until the summer and then address the issue (unless we can sign someone like Godin next month). They're a bunch of bellends.

poisson

oh just remembered what Phil Thompson said. He was not happy about how Van Gaal handled the Mcnair situation afterwards. Said LVG was right to take him off, but should'nt have said anything to the media afterwords, just a "this is between me and paddy" would've done.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
They all constantly contradict themselves when discussing different teams, when discussing United losing the ball cheaply the general discussion was that we looked scared as a team under LVG, when discussing Liverpool losing the ball cheaply they were like ah anyone can lose the ball even Maradona give the ball away!

*Edit iboss has beat me to it!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Admittedly they've got a point that our win streak is lucky since we were very poor against Arsenal and Southampton, but I don't really agree with the "being scared" part at all. Think that's a major exaggeration.

poisson

They all constantly contradict themselves when discussing different teams, when discussing United losing the ball cheaply the general discussion was that we looked scared as a team under LVG, when discussing Liverpool losing the ball cheaply they were like ah anyone can lose the ball even Maradona give the ball away!
Ridiculous! How on earth are the still employed? They're fecking shit.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Having a massive pop at us - its quite hilarious to watch actually!

Merson - "United 5 win streak is lucky, should've lost against soton, draw to stoke, arsenal could've been 3-0 up before half time"

Charlie 'earring' Nicholas - "Not sure how this United team is 3rd"

Le Tiss - "United players look petrified, they don't have any confidence"

No idea what Phil Thompson was saying as couldn't understand him.

I just love it when the ABU nation get all riled up when talking about us! :D
They're all massive twats, but it's great to watch. They're all absolutely gutted that we've put a run together.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Great or poor....we're always the main topic in this country!!!!!

Edit: And i love it that everyone ("Football experts" or fans) is so frustrated that we're winning and winning without playing good football.......that's a very good sign :D

And Soccer Saturday is rubbish with people like Merson, Thompson, Nicholas and Le Tissier (I only like Stelling and Kamara).
Most of them should drink less alcohol in the hotel on Friday nights.

Zoo

Merson thought that West Ham was one of the teams we played in the last 5.

Djemba-Djemba

Merson thought that West Ham was one of the teams we played in the last 5.
He made the same mistake in his predictions article on the Sky Sports Website.

I'd ask why has nobody corrected him but they probably have told him and he's just forgotten already.

Phil

The mistake is taking anything the experts say seriously.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
There was a stat the Sky commentator said before the Southampton game that the previous 4 games we had the highest possession %, pass completion rate, you name it. So we were the most dominant of every team in the league in that run of games and now after 1 poor game we're petrified and lucky

Smores

Hard to argue we've not been lucky to be fair and considering how shakes we've been it is surprising we're 3rd.

It is funny as it's there teams being worse than us that have allowed us to sit in 3rd right now and we're only going to get better. If this is us shit with injuries then they're right to worry what's to come

RetroStu

Its amazing how much the media has changed towards us since Fergie left. I mean all the media couldn't get enough of us under Fergie but they freaking hate us now with a passion.

I think Fergie was more powerful than even we thought!.

Man-United

And then we got Neville who said "United got away with murder" against Southampton. Did he say that WBA got away with murder against us? Nah.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I would be more worried when they aren't slagging us off. It's because they are scared that we are well on the way back. They know that it will all click and that even though we aren't playing well we are still winning. Winning is the name of the game, not performances. Yes Arsenal could have been 3 up, but they weren't, so tough luck. You make your own luck and this team are working their socks off for theirs. Not great football, but the effort is there. The performances will come, then look out everyone.

R'hllor

I dont mind them,not at all,only thing what i dont like is the way how they spin same thing in different way.For example,few moments ago,they mentioned how Southampton gonna give first start to some 18 year old player,like how Koeman is not scared to give young players chance in the past etc.In interview Koeman even explained why he did it,they lack options for midfield. When LvG did the same,they jumped a gun,how he did not have a choice,due our defenders being injured etc.

Acole9

Outstanding
Stopped watching it to be honest. It was good up until a couple of years ago.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Didn't want to dwell on Stampy G's red card? Literally the Liverpool fan club isn't it?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What they say, anything at all?
I'll sum it up for you. Gerrard is a living god so we shouldn't even touch on this. Jones' was a red. Skrtel was a red.

DannyDash

I'll sum it up for you. Gerrard is a living god so we shouldn't even touch on this. Jones' was a red. Skrtel was a red.
Ha I bet they all had babyfaces.

Merson a few months back, " United a million miles away from 3rd "

Tyrion

What they say, anything at all?
I think what Jeff Stelling said was "You got to feel sorry for him (Gerrard)."
Then Thompson said "Herrera came in, didn't make much contact (:houllier:)". He added that he thought Gerrard was stupid to be fair.
Basically they kept up the 'he was unlucky' and 'it was frustration' excuses.

Then they talked well about Skrtel (said he could and possibly should have got an extra game for a time wasting appeal) and started talking about Jones for some reason. He was "very lucky" apparently.

Tyrion

Ha I bet they all had babyfaces.

Merson a few months back, " United a million miles away from 3rd "
He's not on the panel today which is unfortunate. The one thing that annoys me most about pundits is the way they're never called on what they say. I remember Eamon Dunphy in Ireland saying that United wouldn't win a major title for the next 5 years... about 5 years ago. The next year, we won the league and got to the CL final and he was never called on it afaik.

Honestly, the pundits on the tv are less knowledgeable than the average caf poster, probably just as biased and definitely less entertaining.

DannyDash

I think what Jeff Stelling said was "You got to feel sorry for him (Gerrard)."
Then Thompson said "Herrera came in, didn't make much contact (:houllier:)". He added that he thought Gerrard was stupid to be fair.
Basically they kept up the 'he was unlucky' and 'it was frustration' excuses.

Then they talked well about Skrtel (said he could and possibly should have got an extra game for a time wasting appeal) and started talking about Jones for some reason. He was "very lucky" apparently.
They're too in love with Gerrard to say anything bad. I would love to know their thoughts on whether we're still lucky. At times they were almost laughing at Lvg.
He's not on the panel today which is unfortunate. The one thing that annoys me most about pundits is the way they're never called on what they say. I remember Eamon Dunphy in Ireland saying that United wouldn't win a major title for the next 5 years... about 5 years ago. The next year, we won the league and got to the CL final and he was never called on it afaik.

Honestly, the pundits on the tv are less knowledgeable than the average caf poster, probably just as biased and definitely less entertaining.
Monday night football is always spot on and I never see them make stupid predictions.

I like gilette soccer saturday because they are biased and like to make bold predictions. Its especially pleasing when they end up being wrong, but in terms of football knowledge they are way behind. How many of them would have seen Aguero, Costa or Falcao before they came here, doubt it.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
They're too in love with Gerrard to say anything bad. I would love to know their thoughts on whether we're still lucky. At times they were almost laughing at Lvg.

Monday night football is always spot on and I never see them make stupid predictions.

I like gilette soccer saturday because they are biased and like to make bold predictions. Its especially pleasing when they end up being wrong, but in terms of football knowledge they are way behind. How many of them would have seen Aguero, Costa or Falcao before they came here, doubt it.
Three players playing in a top league for a top team, in the Champions league? they'll all have seen them before.

DannyDash

Three players playing in a top league for a top team, in the Champions league? they'll all have seen them before.
Maybe not the best examples, though I bet they all hadn't seen Aguero properly, Costa only for the Chelsea matches.

Our league is full of players from other leagues, these lot won't have any clues about the upcoming European talents

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"Schweinsteiger isn't a great player anymore. He is playing for an average team. De Gea is the only one true great player they have."

- Charlie Nicholas

LARulz

"Schweinsteiger isn't a great player anymore. He is playing for an average team. De Gea is the only one true great player they have."

- Charlie Nicholas
To be fair, he did also say we have better players than average suggests. I think he meant we are playing poorly but based on our players we should be better

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
"Schweinsteiger isn't a great player. He's a top drawer player but, we won't be talking about him in 20 or 30 years time like Cruyff"

- Paul Merson

You know it's bad when Thompson is standing up for BS