Solskjær press conference vs Aston Villa (H)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For what it’s worth, this isn’t the first time Ole has raised the issue of Klopp influencing the referees on United’s penalties and it had no effect last time either.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
For what it’s worth, this isn’t the first time Ole has raised the issue of Klopp influencing the referees on United’s penalties and it had no effect last time either.
It’s more getting the team to have the same seige mentality as SAFs teams

EtH

The West Ham match at the weekend was his opportunity to go well overboard and possibly get away with it. Fergie did this at times when he knew he had cause. Klopp somehow gets away with it even when the decisions aren’t clearly in the wrong. But I’m just not sure it’s Ole’s style at all.

Herman Toothrot

You ever feel that some posters here have more of a hard-on for seeing Solskjær fail than they do United win? I understand insulating yourself from failure by distancing yourself and having the insurance policy of saying "I told you so", but surely you'll never feel good about when we win. Give what you have what you might lose. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I love being excited by football again, it's really exciting.

Bondi77

I like the comment regarding we are always going to score goals after we scored feck all in the last game :houllier:

EtH

I like the comment regarding we are always going to score goals after we scored feck all in the last game :houllier:
Yeah I don’t know why he would expect Ronaldo, Bruno, Greenwood and Pogba coming back into the side to change that.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I think the journos are the ones who asked about it, and Ole gave his diplomatic best. Not sure if he actually has any such plans himself.
There's no point taking much of what Ole says in pressers at face value. He also said Chris Smalling would be reintegrated into the first team squad and Alexis Sanchez would come back and surprise people. After Wednesday night's game he was bigging up Martial.

All Ole's answers are designed at promoting squad harmony, diffusing journalist questions or diverting attention onto something else e.g., today reminding people Klopp moaned about our penalties. Much easier to blame Klopp than blame the referees but the effect will be the same: scrutiny on penalty decisions we're denied gets increased.

Anything he says about systems, who might play with who or who might not play, just take with a pinch of salt.
True

Withnail

I like the way you're judging the ability of the first team to score goals based on how a a heavily rotated side (who never played a competitive game together) performed, in the league cup :houllier:

Bondi77

Yeah I don’t know why he would expect Ronaldo, Bruno, Greenwood and Pogba coming back into the side to change that.
He is talking about Utd as a collective I would have to assume.

Bondi77

I like the way you're judging the ability of the first team to score goals based on how a a heavily rotated side (who never played a competitive game together) performed, in the league cup :houllier:
A heavily rotated team that played against a heavily rotated team and after he praised the quality of the whole squad.
I am not disputing the quality of Ronnie or Bruno as they have the runs on the board but the rest of the team do not always score goals and that is obvious....it was a silly comment.

Withnail

A heavily rotated team that played against a heavily rotated team and after he praised the quality of the whole squad.
I am not disputing the quality of Ronnie or Bruno as they have the runs on the board but the rest of the team do not always score goals and that is obvious....it was a silly comment.
One thing this United team do well is score goals so you're making no sense.

acnumber9

am not disputing the quality of Ronnie or Bruno as they have the runs on the board but the rest of the team do not always score goals and that is obvious....it was a silly comment.
Rashford, Cavani and Greenwood scored 50 goals between them last season. I’d say it was a fair enough comment.