Solskjær press conference vs Brighton (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Injury latest and early team news vs Brighton
"I don't know about Anthony, he didn't join in training this morning but Marcus & Mason trained for the first time this morning and hopefully they can get through that with no reaction and if they complete the selection tomorrow they might be available for selection."

Samid

Brighton preview
"Since I came we have played them quite a few times. Hard fought games, difficult games.

When you prepare vs Brighton you can see all our players with bright eyes. We really respect them."

Samid

Certain of players to keep?
"We have a plan and a plan we want to happen. Two months is a long time, couple of players whose future hasn't been decided yet.

We have certain picture for August, yeah."

Samid

Pogba return a boost
"It will be a massive boost. He has come back bright and ready to go. He will be important for us. Having Paul back fit, forwards firing again we can get that spark back."

Samid

Goalkeeper dilemma vs Brighton
"You know, I have the great option of two top goalkeepers. It is a pleasure. We want to go all the way in the Europa League, I'm sure you'll see both of them."

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
"I don't know about Anthony, he didn't join in training this morning but Marcus & Mason trained for the first time this morning and hopefully they can get through that with no reaction and if they complete the selection tomorrow they might be available for selection."
Blimey. What does that leave us with?

Pogba - Cavani - James front 3 with Bruno behind?

Samid

United's new anti-racism campaign
"We certainly hope (step in right direction). We hope it will be seen. Proud us as club keep campaigning. You will see at stadium on Sunday that we mean business."

Samid

Erling Haaland latest
"I am focussing on the next two months and the ones who are here. Even though I have worked with him it is not fair to talk about Erling as Man Utd manager. I can talk about him as an ex coach of his but he will make his own mind up."

Samid

Aaron Wan-Bissaka development
"I think he has done remarkably well. Improvement has been there for everyone to see. Defensively still as solid, but he contributes more and more going forward.

Still very early in his full-back career. More to come."

Samid

Is there big GK decision to be made?
"I understand the question and narrative. Where there is tension, or potential, that is where everyone wants to hear a comment from me. I have got great options, top keepers, but both want to play. That will be decided on merit."

Samid

Henderson now No.1?
"The two keepers will probably both be needed. they both know we value them highly."

Samid

Hard to keep transfer plans quiet?
"I think the way the world works at the moment you'd like to do all your business on the quiet. But there are platforms everywhere, the media makes that more and more difficult. Hopefully we can sit here with players nobody had written about!"

No Haaland, Sancho, Grealish then :(

Samid

Is Haaland still a player of interest?
"Who we are interested in and who we will go for, as I just answered I am not going to comment on that."

Samid

Lindelof and Martial doubts
“Neither of them [Anthony nor Victor] trained this morning. We are still waiting for final confirmation on how they are.”

Matriac

He's not smiling any longer, has obviously given up now and it's just depressive to look at. Should be refreshed and happy after a international break where everyone got two weeks off. How can he expect to motivate the players like that. Sack him before Sunday.

Posh Red

Goalkeeper dilemma vs Brighton
"You know, I have the great option of two top goalkeepers. It is a pleasure. We want to go all the way in the Europa League, I'm sure you'll see both of them."
Just a guess but I feel like this means De Gea for league games and Henderson in the cup games

RedDevil@84

This mean Rashford will be half fit, but will play anyways and not be able to contribute much and get more tired for the next game.

RedDevil@84

Hard to keep transfer plans quiet?
"I think the way the world works at the moment you'd like to do all your business on the quiet. But there are platforms everywhere, the media makes that more and more difficult. Hopefully we can sit here with players nobody had written about!"

No Haaland, Sancho, Grealish then :(
We don't have money (technically we have, but we won't throw it as of now).
Besides, City wants Haaland. More stable club structure, infinite money, Pep is staying, PL winners, declared open spot for a striker. Should be a no brainer if he wants to play in England that is.

Red_toad

I feel this could be the case yeah. Not sure I’m in favour of it though.
We do appear to have more defensive cohesion with Henderson in the team. Might not be as good a shot stopper, but his other attributes help the back 4 more.

el3mel

Damn football is back. These last 2 weeks were the most fun I had on internet recently just discussing some media entertainment and forgetting that football even exists with all its arguments and problems. Oh well, back to business I guess.

Wewinsoon

He's not smiling any longer, has obviously given up now and it's just depressive to look at. Should be refreshed and happy after a international break where everyone got two weeks off. How can he expect to motivate the players like that. Sack him before Sunday.
Fire him, he don't smile anymore.. Sarcasm over the Guys thinking he smile to much.

Glorio

This mean Rashford will be half fit, but will play anyways and not be able to contribute much and get more tired for the next game.
Had a 2 week rest though. The only reason he wouldn't play would be if there's deemed to be a high chance of recurrence rather than tiredness

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
@Samid chose that picture deliberately, it's the same one he's been using all season.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Should be a good week for us. Chelsea just lost, LC will probably lose and we should win tomorrow and beat Granada on Thursday. We can solidify 2nd and make a huge step to advance in the EL.

Coops73

Should be a good week for us. Chelsea just lost, LC will probably lose and we should win tomorrow and beat Granada on Thursday. We can solidify 2nd and make a huge step to advance in the EL.
That’s us fecked then. Cheers.

Pickle85

Aaron Wan-Bissaka development
"I think he has done remarkably well. Improvement has been there for everyone to see. Defensively still as solid, but he contributes more and more going forward.

Still very early in his full-back career. More to come."
Pleased to see this in particular. Think Ole is spot on here and it's both a fillip and a challenge for AWB. He has been looking better and better but still needs to up his game going forward and with the ball at his feet. Would love to see a Shaw-esque renaissance for him.

justsomebloke

We don't have money (technically we have, but we won't throw it as of now).
Besides, City wants Haaland. More stable club structure, infinite money, Pep is staying, PL winners, declared open spot for a striker. Should be a no brainer if he wants to play in England that is.
I don't know, I have a hard time seeing that City-Haaland would really be such a great fit. Not sure such a hyper-structured and methodical style of play really suits him. That doesn't seem to be his mentality, and it would take away some of one of his best traits, his unpredictability. It's much easier envisaging him in the sort of free-flowing attacking game we play (or try to play, at any rate).

Admittedly this is fairly vague and intuitive, and could turn out to be codswallop.