Solskjær press conference vs Everton (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer's 100th Premier League game as manager
"I'm a bit older and wiser hopefully and a lot more grey up top but I've really enjoyed it, didn't know it was my 100th game, what you learn is the game is working so much quicker you gotta keep up with the pace.

The difference from when I started in 2014 with Cardiff to now is a different ball game, players get better and better, fitter and fitter, more tactical. I've enjoyed not every one of them, but testing yourself against good coaches and managers."

Samid

Thoughts on Carlo Ancelotti impact at Everton
"He's a manager that you really look up to and respect, he's a winner everywhere he's been, he's influenced PSG, what he started there, what he's done at AC Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid, you can see that at Everton as well, started the season fantastically, won last four away games, a team you know you're in for a battle when you play against."

Samid

How has group reacted to 9-0 win?
"You've gotta take the good with the good and the bad with the bad sometimes.

What the boys took is we did the right things, we kept good habits, no one will get carried away with the scoreline, we played against 10 men for the full game and that's demoralising when they lose players like they did.

When we got 2-0 the game was more or less over and we've not mentioned the game, all the focus on Everton."

Samid

Injury news
"Edinson should be available, yeah, definitely, he got a bad ankle knock, Eric (Bally) is a doubt, apart from that everyone's raring to go."

Samid

Sergio Romero's situation
"Sergio is working hard, training, he's in the group and of course he lost a lot of training earlier on in the season, he joined us late after time back home and Christmas as well, with family in Argentina, he's working with the keepers but with Dean, Lee and David it's been more difficult to get in the match squad."

Samid

Is home form key to season success?
"Consistency of course is vital, done really well away from home, bounced back after Sheffield United defeat, ready to kick on, move on, get momentum. We play every two or four days but if we get the consistency and morale and confidence up who knows."

Samid

Were lessons learnt?
"It's about doing the right things, creating good habits every day on the training pitch, keep repeating stuff, against Southampton we practiced a lot of our attacking against 10 men, deep block and after scoring one or two you can drop your shoulders and enjoy it, the result is there for you, learned it and moved on."

Samid

Joshua King move to Everton
"I think Joshua, the reason behind him being linked is because he is a good player. Everton have made a good signing and he is approaching the best time of his career. We have seen that for Norway, but it's good move by Everton.

Hopefully he can find his form again after Saturday night!"

Samid

How aware are the squad of 63rd Munich Disaster anniversary tomorrow?
"We are, of course. It's only the fourth time the game is played on the actual anniversary and it's important we put on a fitting performance and hopefully we can honour them with the result.

It's such an important part of our history of the club and we have spoken to the players who come into the club, who've not been here and are part of this anniversary, it's a big day for everyone and has always been an emotional one.

Hopefully we can put the team out that shows the Manchester United spirit. We have six or seven academy graduates...and hopefully they will lead us on."

Samid

How do United keep the momentum going?
"Just keep doing the right things, keep doing the right habits. football is strange, so funny, it will flip on a decison or an incident. The sending off gave us the advanatage in going to create that scoreline and sometimes that is football. You could see that in the game for Arsenal as well."

Okey

Bailly doing a Bailly. You just can't ever put faith in him sadly.
Hence we need a new CB. If he could keep fit like Harry, CB wouldn't be on our shopping list. He'll have to go sadly. Maybe back to Spain as part of a Kounde deal?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hence we need a new CB. If he could keep fit like Harry, CB wouldn't be on our shopping list. He'll have to go sadly. Maybe back to Spain as part of a Kounde deal?
Hang on, why don't we keep him like we have Jones?

Red_toad

If he is not fit, then how useful is he?
Plenty on here wanted Shaw gone, despite it being pretty obviously he was a very good player who was struggling for form and fitness. Eric is a very very good option when he’s fit, I hope Ole retains him as a squad player.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If he is not fit, then how useful is he?
Bailly has shown us enough this season that he's well worth keeping around.

His fitness problems aren't great, but we've dealt with far worse offenders on that front and even rewarded them with new contracts. Come to think of it, Phil Jones must be approaching his testimonial game. Quite how he managed that I'll never know.

studs

Poor Bailly what's his longest stint of games?

red4ever 79

Bailly has shown us enough this season that he's well worth keeping around.

His fitness problems aren't great, but we've dealt with far worse offenders on that front and even rewarded them with new contracts. Come to think of it, Phil Jones must be approaching his testimonial game. Quite how he managed that I'll never know.
Disagree. We all know there is a talented boy there, that's not really been for dispute. His fitness record is poor though. 7 apperances this season, only managed 60 premier league matches for us and this is his 5th season. We are not a charity

Manoucha09

"We are, of course. It's only the fourth time the game is played on the actual anniversary and it's important we put on a fitting performance and hopefully we can honour them with the result.

It's such an important part of our history of the club and we have spoken to the players who come into the club, who've not been here and are part of this anniversary, it's a big day for everyone and has always been an emotional one.

Hopefully we can put the team out that shows the Manchester United spirit. We have six or seven academy graduates...and hopefully they will lead us on."
Interesting point this. I believe the last time we played on Feb 6th was back in 2010 when we beat Portsmouth 5-0. But the one that always sticks in my mind was that horrible derby defeat in 2008, although that was a couple of days before/after as far as I remember.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Let's hope for a repeat of the 2010 result against Portsmouth.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Considering the importance of this game, I'll accept nothing less than full tilt and a willingness to break your nose to score a goal. Make those who moved on before their old days proud.

always_hoping

Out of interest does anymore know what was the results in those 3 previous matches?

Manoucha09

Out of interest does anymore know what was the results in those 3 previous matches?
W 5-0 vs Portsmouth (2010 - H)
W 1-8 vs Forest (1999 - A)
W 2-1 vs Sheffield United (1993 - H)
W 1-0 vs Coventry (1988 - H)
W 4-1 vs Villa (1982 - H)
L 1-0 vs Spurs (1965 -A)
W 2-1 vs Spurs (1971 - H)
D 0-0 vs Manchester City (1960 - H)

Just the one defeat vs Spurs in 1965.

Obviously Ole meant fourth time in the Premier League.

g11

I think Ole will keep both McT and Fred for the game today. Pogba will play on the right instead of Greenwood.

——————————De Gea——————————
AWB———Lindelof———Maguire———Shaw
—————McTominay———Fred——————
—Pogba———Bruno————Rashford—
——————————Cavani——————————

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
A win today and we really don't have to worry about any teams on 34 points or less to catch us. There would be 15 matches left for 45 points and if we capture just half of those points, 22.5, the teams at 34 points or less would need to get 35 or more out of 45, or average 2.33 point per match. Man City's average right now is 2.4.

The teams with 34 or less include Arsenal and Tottenham. Bye, Bye Mourinho.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I think Ole will keep both McT and Fred for the game today. Pogba will play on the right instead of Greenwood.

——————————De Gea——————————
AWB———Lindelof———Maguire———Shaw
—————McTominay———Fred——————
—Pogba———Bruno————Rashford—
——————————Cavani——————————
I hope this is the lineup. Martial should not start.

Andy_Cole

Interesting point this. I believe the last time we played on Feb 6th was back in 2010 when we beat Portsmouth 5-0. But the one that always sticks in my mind was that horrible derby defeat in 2008, although that was a couple of days before/after as far as I remember.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Let's hope for a repeat of the 2010 result against Portsmouth.
Yup as we wore those lovely shirts that day vs City.