Solskjær press conference vs Istanbul (H)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Lessons learnt from away game
“The Turkish champions, you know it will be difficult. Nothing unexpected, but level of concentration needs to be better. Goals we conceded, we caused our own problems with our organisation. We need to be more patient, disciplined in our positioning.”

Samid

United's response since then
“We played really well against Everton, won against West Brom with a clean sheet. Of course we want to carry on.”

Samid

Team news
“We hope he (Pogba) is going to be available. We will see when we report tomorrow. Shaw, Jones out. Lingard is self-isolating after contact with a positive case.”

Samid

Luke Shaw injury update
“We hope near to four weeks (out). We can’t risk anything. We will see how he reacts to the programme he is on.”

Samid

Frederik Gulbrandsen threat
“Well obviously I prepared a team last time, last time Demba Ba was the most likely to play but I warned my coaches about Frederik. Quick, strong, that’s the player I know.”

:rolleyes: Norwegian journos are so shameless.

Samid

Henderson vs De Gea competition
“I have been very happy with the competition from Dean. He has not put a foot wrong.”

Samid

Martial struggling
“You’re right he did well last season, he took big strides. Then again, he has not had a pre-season as normal. He lost three games with suspension, so he has lost too much football. Scored against Basaksehir last time.”

Samid

Ultimate long-term vision for United
“How long have you got? It deserves more than one sentence. We are a team who want to attack quickly, quick on the break, quick attacking players. More and more teams drop back, we need a team which can break teams down. Against Everton we scored from crosses, from long attacks and winning goal from counter-attack. We don’t want one style of play, but to have players expressing their talents.”

Samid

A win vital tomorrow?
“It is always a great question. The answer is very (important to win). We need at least 10 points to go through, might even need 12 points, so we are going to go in trying to win it and win it well.”

Samid

Rotation in Champions League
“Yeah, five subs, it is not a relief, but a chance to rest players earlier. If you want to make subs at half-time you still have a chance to rest players. I like the five subs and I like the size of the squads because you can have more in the squad.

Bruno, he isn’t going to play every game for sure.”

Samid

More on Martial
“I think Anthony will take even bigger strides and develop more. He scored 23, 24 last season, a big return. There are demands in any position, so we want Anthony to kick on.

For me it is him getting the chances, he has always been good, maybe the keepers have made some good saves against him.”

Samid

Keeping Henderson happy
“Dean wants to stay at Man United and play for Man United. I can’t see the logic in only one more appearance before Christmas. Do you know how many games we have? He is training well, he has potential to be one of the best. I don’t buy the argument it is make or break from him (tomorrow).”

Samid

United struggling against smaller sides
“We are trying to develop the squad and the team to become good at all different phases of the game. Everton was perfect example. The game decides what type of game it becomes, first goal etc. Always decided on moments and we are moving in the right direction.”

croadyman

United struggling against smaller sides
“We are trying to develop the squad and the team to become good at all different phases of the game. Everton was perfect example. The game decides what type of game it becomes, first goal etc. Always decided on moments and we are moving in the right direction.”
We got joy against Everton Ole because they aren't one of those teams who just sit back and ask us to break them down

Micky Targaryen

Martial struggling
“You’re right he did well last season, he took big strides. Then again, he has not had a pre-season as normal. He lost three games with suspension, so he has lost too much football. Scored against Basaksehir last time.”
Seriously? This excuse regarding his current form is still valid?

Samid

He was asked some questions, guess they were in the embargoed part. Looks uncomfortable as hell.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To be fair I was trying to think of what sort of question you would reasonably ask AWB.....

So, um, tackling is fun isn't it?

James Peril

«Need to be disciplined with our positioning», you couldn’t make it up really. Is this the manager of a team aspiring to win the Champions League - or is it my former coach in level 4 back in Norway? Somehow I refuse to believe Sir Alex would talk about fundamental things like defensive positioning before a home game against Turkish minnows, but that’s perhaps what we need to accept these days.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why do some of you lot even follow these press conferences and stuff if all you are gonna do is moan about what the manager says? Wouldn't it be more productive to do something you actually enjoy?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
«Need to be disciplined with our positioning», you couldn’t make it up really. Is this the manager of a team aspiring to win the Champions League - or is it my former coach in level 4 back in Norway? Somehow I refuse to believe Sir Alex would talk about fundamental things like defensive positioning before a home game against Turkish minnows, but that’s perhaps what we need to accept these days.
Well that was because of what happened in the last game against them wasn't it?

Why do you get so excited over some meaningless quotes from a press conference. He has to answer the questions and give them something, it really means nothing at all.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Seriously? This excuse regarding his current form is still valid?
"Martial is shit - Ole"

"Maritas form is inexcusable - Ole"

In what universe do you think a manager of a club is going to be publicly critical of his own players? What function does that possibly serve but to appease you?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I can confirm that the team had exactly 0 tactical discussion before any game that was not a Champions League semi final or better, why would they need to? It was Sir Alex. He was there, everything happend by itself.

Like your laundry, that magically appears in your drawer after leaving it on the floor.

Lynty

Demba Ba found himself in a 1v1 against the keeper on the half way line :lol:

Ole is reinforcing the bollocking he gave the squad after that disaster.

Micky Targaryen

"Martial is shit - Ole"

"Maritas form is inexcusable - Ole"

In what universe do you think a manager of a club is going to be publicly critical of his own players? What function does that possibly serve but to appease you?
Are those the only 2 choices? Maybe he can say that Martial’s dip in form is just temporary? Anything other than blaming our preseason again as it’s already almost December , and that every other clubs have the same preseason as us?

Gator Nate

Demba Ba found himself in a 1v1 against the keeper on the half way line :lol:

Ole is reinforcing the bollocking he gave the squad after that disaster.
Yup. There's a huge difference between a general comment about positioning, and dragging up a not-so-thinly-veiled reference to a specific incident in the last game that's fresh on every fan's and journo's mind. That's about as far as Ole would ever come to throwing the team under the bus, and I'm fine with the way he did it. Most everyone will get it, laugh about it, and it's a needle at the squad as a whole they won't miss. Especially with AWB sitting right there beside him. (Though I really think that mistake was on Tuanzebe in that situation.)

Vanrouge

He was asked some questions, guess they were in the embargoed part. Looks uncomfortable as hell.
Also, he's sitting right in front of the media, and the journo asks, "How does Aaron feel he's improved as an attacking fullback since he joined United?" He's sitting right there! Why the third-person and not "Aaron, how do you feel you've improved...?" etc.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Also, he's sitting right in front of the media, and the journo asks, "How does Aaron feel he's improved as an attacking fullback since he joined United?" He's sitting right there! Why the third-person and not "Aaron, how do you feel you've improved...?" etc.
I think it's a moderator asking the questions so presumably the journos wrote them awkwardly.

Bondi77

Who wants to hear him talk anyway?
The majority of footballers are as thick as sh1t!