g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Solskjær press conference vs Leicester (A)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The tap ins part is so correct. City score one every week.
Oh man i'm so excited for the future.
Yeah, that was very valid point. To score tap ins, movement, positioning should be good. Something that both Martial and Rashford should work on, especially Martial who barely makes runs behind the defense.

Greck

Wants to coach his young players' weaknesses. Told Rashford to start passing into the back of the net and Martial to make runs in behind. Jose's defeatist attitude made it seem like these flaws were permanent when it was rather his own flaw that he didn't know how to develop young attackers

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Martial contract
Martial signed his contract is that a statement of intent from the club?

It’s a confirmation that we are happy, with him, we believe in him. He’s got fantastic potential, he’s had ups and downs, he’s been top scorer, he’s been developing, as a young lad moving abroad it’s not easy but he knows he’s going to stay here for the coming future and I believe in him.

How good do you think he can be?

Very good, he’s a fantastic finisher, great ability, he’s young, he’s intelligent, knows his football, I’d like him to do a couple more runs in behind but I’ve not seen many player with the quick feet and the skills in the last third as he has so we’re gonna build his career and hopefully he’ll grab the chance with both feet.
Gary Neville pointed this out a couple of months ago. Hopefully now he's working under an attacking coach Martial will add this to the game, so many of City's goals look beautiful on the eye but are created by Sane simply making runs on the blind side of the RB.

IronCroos37

Why are there always questions of who is fit, who is going to play, why not how will you play? etc The opposition finds out to much info

Cloud7

I never get tired of Ole’s press conferences, honestly. After Moyes incompetency and defeatism, Vangle’s strange cryptic nature and Mourinho’s abject negativity, it’s nice to just hear some positivity when listening to the manager for a change.

The press conferences grew to annoy me because I knew we would be hearing some nonsense or some excuse from our previous managers, but now I look forward to hearing what our manager has to say :drool:

Meep

It's like a mantra hearing him. At first, I thought maybe this is a facade, a show, a this is how a United coach should sound like type of thing. But this is clearly how OGS is. And it's perfect, at least in regards to the PCs. I love how he is being positive, constructive and somewhat steering free from getting into details that could be hard to talk about with the press. Really professional and great leadership.

Siorac

I never get tired of Ole’s press conferences, honestly. After Moyes incompetency and defeatism, Vangle’s strange cryptic nature and Mourinho’s abject negativity, it’s nice to just hear some positivity when listening to the manager for a change.

The press conferences grew to annoy me because I knew we would be hearing some nonsense or some excuse from our previous managers, but now I look forward to hearing what our manager has to say :drool:
To be honest, that was fun. I enjoyed how insane he was.

A shame about the football we played under him.

Cloud7

To be honest, that was fun. I enjoyed how insane he was.

A shame about the football we played under him.
If we were playing good football under him I would have enjoyed them. As it was, it was just annoying to me :lol:

Devil may care

Martial and Rashford relationship
Marcus and Anthony similar in age, do you think they can feed off each other and push each other on?

Yeah, healthy competition but they can also create a relationship and get an understanding of each other because both are very good coming in off the left, if one plays central then opposite movements because they go out to in. But when they play central they go in to out so in the coming years we’ll see loads of combinations between those two.

Can you see Anthony playing centrally?

Definitely, because Anthony’s preferred position would probably be a number nine, most of them want to play through the middle, but where you put out from the start it’s more the defensive position, we want them to rotate, interchange, you’ve got to get into the box to score.
Another good presser from Ole, this part in particular was really good to hear.

Patrick08

Wants to coach his young players' weaknesses. Told Rashford to start passing into the back of the net and Martial to make runs in behind. Jose's defeatist attitude made it seem like these flaws were permanent when it was rather his own flaw that he didn't know how to develop young attackers
Yeah. Pretty much. Ole is spot on.

Tiber

Loved that he mentioned Martial getting a proper chance up the middle.

He is a striker, not a winger

Kag

I love how Ole identifies where players need to improve without being a giant arsehole about it.

Martial scoring more scruffy goals and making better runs is most certainly where he need to improve, but it’s been said in a way that makes it a challenge, not a criticism.

Compare it to the way the last cnut in charge made Pogba’s World Cup win all about what he wasn’t doing at United, the difference is night and day.

Brightonian

Loved that he mentioned Martial getting a proper chance up the middle.

He is a striker, not a winger
It's important that he and Rashford effectively share the position when they start together. Both of them are fine pulling into those wide spaces to find ball or make runs, but they need to be threatening the goal not the touchline at least some of the time. So there's room for them to switch back and forth between wide and central and get the best out of both of them in the same match, I think.

Canagel

I love how Ole identifies where players need to improve without being a giant arsehole about it.

Martial scoring more scruffy goals and making better runs is most certainly where he need to improve, but it’s been said in a way that makes it a challenge, not a criticism.

Compare it to the way the last cnut in charge made Pogba’s World Cup win all about what he wasn’t doing at United, the difference is night and day.
That still boils my piss. What a ridiculous comments they were.

baskinginthesun

On Leicester
Leicester beat City in Dec and drew with Liverpool, they’ve had quite a say in the title race...

They beat Chelsea. I watched the game Wednesday night, team full of energy pace, they defend well, drop back and defend so hard to break them down and they’ve got the pace up front so it’s gonna be a tough challenge but we like challenges.
I love the way he says this. It was trying to be respectful to Leicester but, at the same time he was saying "we are going to smash them." I think it's the sly smile he used when accompanying this statement.

Lovely to see.

Gator Nate

The job of manager requires a certain balance of managing people (both players and coaches) and coaching itself. Some are good at one and not the other. Some emphasize one over the other. Ole seems to strike the proper balance, but you can see and hear the coach coming out all the time and that's the part I'm loving. He sees issues and believes they can be fixed. Previous Manager Who Shall Not Be Named seemed almost entirely manager and not interested in the coaching. He saw issues and complained about them.

TRUERED89

Why are there always questions of who is fit, who is going to play, why not how will you play? etc The opposition finds out to much info
So answering questions about how he will play, doesn't give the opposition too much info? :lol:

Canagel

And people thought he was right in what he was saying..
Pogba winning the world cup was very damaging for Jose and his fanboys egos. They thought the cup competition made him focus and he didnt have the fight to show it week in week out in the PL. :lol:

deafepl

The tap ins part is so correct. City score one every week.
Oh man i'm so excited for the future.
That is what Ole want from fullback to do it like this. Rashford were to scoring this in Brighton when Young passed squared to Rashford.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think more important than just wanting players to improve in certain areas is OGS’s willingness to build the team around our players’ strengths rather than forcing them to fit into his predetermined system. He’s more flexible than others. Perhaps it’s a result of not having been in management that long. Perhaps it’s also a result of simply being a very open-minded character, who doesn’t shut his eyes towards any idea and to the developments of football. While he does expect his players to improve in certain aspects of their game, he’ll also always look to support their strengths as well. That goes a long way in not only maximizing the team’s potential but also keeping it happy and motivated.

sweetmgd

Tough game vs Leicester City away, especially they recently won Man City, draw Liverpool. So i expect Ole will start his winning XI this game. It is time for us back to Top 4, considering the poor performance of Chelsea, and injury problem of Arsenal.

Last edited:

ash_86

Martial again
A while ago it didn’t look likely he was going to say, in his statement he thanked you, how does it work when you’re caretaker? How much impact do you have?

I speak about my experience at this club what he can achieve at this club and as I said many a times, I’m here to guide players until the summer and you talk about Cristiano’s career, what he’s made, how he’s got there and all the fantastic players we’ve got, if Anthony sat down and wants to be a part of this and the club have got a top player there. I’ve been here for 15 years, coach, player, manager and know how much this club can give to your career and I think by being honest with him it’s the best place to be, I made my career it was easy to sell the club to Anthony but he knows what we’re capable of.

Can this guy ever say something wrong? Get the passion for playing for United onto the players and the OT and crowd will take care of the rest. Signing a contract at United shouldn't bear too much thinking.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
That is what Ole want from fullback to do it like this. Rashford were to scoring this in Brighton when Young passed squared to Rashford.
Not to be mean but you're either low level English speaker or this post is a complete mess.

Cloud7

I thought our attacking players couldn’t be improved? The previous manager said their natural talent wasn’t enough :confused: And many of our fans agreed :confused:

BlueHaze

The man has been positive every single presser so far and it's incredibly refreshing.

ChaddyP

Martial again
A while ago it didn’t look likely he was going to say, in his statement he thanked you, how does it work when you’re caretaker? How much impact do you have?

I speak about my experience at this club what he can achieve at this club and as I said many a times, I’m here to guide players until the summer and you talk about Cristiano’s career, what he’s made, how he’s got there and all the fantastic players we’ve got, if Anthony sat down and wants to be a part of this and the club have got a top player there. I’ve been here for 15 years, coach, player, manager and know how much this club can give to your career and I think by being honest with him it’s the best place to be, I made my career it was easy to sell the club to Anthony but he knows what we’re capable of.
FFS ole having me tearing up over here. Why is he so good at talking words

RedDevil@84

Our forwards are lucky to have someone like Ole who has been there, done that, to guide them.
And yes, being in positions where you can simply tap in or score easy goals is a big part of being a forward. He is correct. That is what will make you move from 10-12 goal category to 20+.

AndyJ1985

He's such a likeable guy. I desperately hope he has what it takes to be long term manager here.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Not to be mean but you're either low level English speaker or this post is a complete mess.
Yeah, you are being mean but... it really is a fecking mess. Reads like bad comedy dialogue written by a racist screenwriter.

Inter Yer Nan

I've always loved Solskjaer but him coming in when he did replacing a certain somebody and just being the polar opposite has made the impossible possible in that I love him even more now.

peridigm

The man has been positive every single presser so far and it's incredibly refreshing.
Misery knows company and one thing Jose was is miserable. So the players had to be miserable too. Ole has brought an incredibly refreshing change to everything.

Tony247

Rashford and Martial both look at ease when playing together. They have this chemistry. I hope they grew up in to a legendary pair of strikers united ever had.