Solskjær press conference vs Leicester (A)

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It hasn't achieved us anything yet. So there is no huge context to it.
Course it has. It's given us the position where we only need to avoid defeat in order to qualify for Europe.

Ole90+3

It was a good result. It put us into third place and made us favourites for top 4. That by it's very definition is a good result. No amount of chest beating changes that. We are where we are and this squad, when you consider the injuries we had and the lack of creativity and depth, is a good accomplishment. It's not shameful for Ole to admit that, it just means he hasn't got his head up his arse.
If he’s telling the players after the game that this was a good result then that would raise a lot of concern of the ambitions of the manager.

You talk about our squad like it’s been assembled at a pittance. I’m not going to the spend time comparing the money spent to build both teams’ starting lineups on Wednesday; but I can guarantee you it won’t even be close.

The only context where a draw to West Ham at home is a good result is if you’ve already won the title or your starting 11 is trash.

Posh Red

If he’s telling the players after the game that this was a good result then that would raise a lot of concern of the ambitions of the manager.

You talk about our squad like it’s been assembled at a pittance. I’m not going to the spend time comparing the money spent to build both teams’ starting lineups on Wednesday; but I can guarantee you it won’t even be close.

The only context where a draw to West Ham at home is a good result is if you’ve already won the title or your starting 11 is trash.
How do you know what he said to the players after the game?

ivaldo

Because it was a good result. We went from 5th to 3rd after both of our rivals dropped points and put us in pole position to qualify. There's no definition you can give that ignores this, no amount of mental gymnastics you can perform that removes this very important point. His ambition has got feck all to do with individual results.

Be my guest. We could've spent 400m on Bailly and it wouldn't make him a better player, nor does it hold any relevance whatsoever on the job Ole is doing. You've been pretty critical of most of our players in this squad (including Greenwood at the beginning of the season if I remember rightly) and yet you expect better than what you believe the squad is actually capable of producing.

Oh so if we drew with relegated Norwich to win the title you'd be bemoaning Oles lack of ambition hey? :lol:

Ole90+3

Because it was a good result. We went from 5th to 3rd after both of our rivals dropped points and put us in pole position to qualify. There's no definition you can give that ignores this, no amount of mental gymnastics you can perform that removes this very important point. His ambition has got feck all to do with individual results.

Be my guest. We could've spent 400m on Bailly and it wouldn't make him a better player, nor does it hold any relevance whatsoever on the job Ole is doing. You've been pretty critical of most of our players in this squad (including Greenwood at the beginning of the season if I remember rightly) and yet you expect better than what you believe the squad is actually capable of producing.

Oh so if we drew with relegated Norwich to win the title you'd be bemoaning Oles lack of ambition hey? :lol:
A good result would have been a win to allow room for a bad result on Sunday in a scenario where Chelsea do not beat wolves.

What a moot point; we didn’t draw at home to West Ham to win the title did we? We drew at home with an awful performance to go 3rd only because the rest of the top 4 contenders are so shit.

ivaldo

A good result would have been a win to allow room for a bad result on Sunday in a scenario where Chelsea do not beat wolves.

What a moot point; we didn’t draw at home to West Ham to win the title did we? We drew at home with an awful performance to go 3rd only because the rest of the top 4 contenders are so shit.
That would have been an excellent result.

Well no it isn't a moot point. Im literally using the perimeters you've set in order to show that ignoring context and what the result has actually lead to is completely ridiculous. I haven't adding anything to it.

Because of the result we got against West Ham, we now have an incredibly good change of securing 3rd place. That's all you need to know. What's the performance got to do with the result? Don't conflate it.

Oh yeah. Despite it being comfortably the best league in the world, everyone outside the top two are shit. Behave.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
There is no such scenario where draw against West Ham at Old Trafford is good result ffs.