Solskjær press conference vs West Ham (H)

Goku23

I hope theres no injuries after Chelsea kicked our players off the pitch

0le

I mean he says in the non-embargoed bits he doesn't want to make it about DDG and then we get yet another question in the embargo about DDG. Just useless journalism. I for one would like to know what has happened to Tuanzebe and his injury for example...

Web of Bissaka

The closest we can get to Ole criticizing his players in interviews/press.

"Most of the players have had a chance; Most of them have done well"
= players who played since restart, few didn't play well.

Definitely Pereira - barely do anything good the two chances he was given (did he even touch the ball?).
2nd is maybe Lingard - meh in one game but just fine in another vs Crystal.
3rd is James - had one good game out of three.

NecssryEvil

The closest we can get to Ole criticizing his players in interviews/press.

"Most of the players have had a chance; Most of them have done well"
= players who played since restart, few didn't play well.

Definitely Pereira - barely do anything good the two chances he was given (did he even touch the ball?).
2nd is maybe Lingard - meh in one game but just fine in another vs Crystal.
3rd is James - had one good game out of three.
He said most of the players. Do you really want him naming the ones he thought didn’t fit in that group? It’s a presser, you.go manager speak. I am confident that players that Ole thinks are not playing up to snuff know it from the last talk with the boss.

Web of Bissaka

He said most of the players. Do you really want him naming the ones he thought didn’t fit in that group? It’s a presser, you.go manager speak. I am confident that players that Ole thinks are not playing up to snuff know it from the last talk with the boss.
No I don't.
It's not a good strategy at all to criticize current players on the press.

No mention of Shaw? Guessing he's out, but would be such a boost to have him back. I know he's not the perfect left back but he's a lot more important than some people like to believe. Even the movement he's displayed since lockdown opens up more space for Rashford down that flank. I like Williams as a backup but I'd worry about him after that confidence-destroying game on Sunday

ruskyline

No mention of Shaw? Guessing he's out, but would be such a boost to have him back. I know he's not the perfect left back but he's a lot more important than some people like to believe. Even the movement he's displayed since lockdown opens up more space for Rashford down that flank. I like Williams as a backup but I'd worry about him after that confidence-destroying game on Sunday
Shaw will be back next season. I don't fancy him to play

Web of Bissaka

90 out of 10 depends on us :confused:
It's a good estimation.

Enough respects given, but also maintain self-confident without being over-confident.
More importantly, instill self-responsibility to his team.

"90/100" depends on us to win the game.
= the rest "10/100" depends on opposing team to lose the game eg mistakes, wrong tactical call, their players making red-card worthy fouls or bad play, etc.

Icemav

I rolled my ankle like Shaw a couple of years ago. I definitely didnt recieve the medical care he is getting but it took ages to get back to normal. Nothing permanent but I would expect at least a month before he feels confident on it. Agree its unlikey we will see him again in the prem this season.

Web of Bissaka

I rolled my ankle like Shaw a couple of years ago. I definitely didnt recieve the medical care he is getting but it took ages to get back to normal. Nothing permanent but I would expect at least a month before he feels confident on it. Agree its unlikey we will see him again in the prem this season.
Could make it for EL quarter, semi and final.

hobbers

Hopefully we have a full strength side, just with Williams at left back. I'd have Romero over De Gea in for West Ham as well but I'm sure Ole will not have the balls for a call like that.

VictoriaRed

Some of the most pathetic questions I've heard from established journalists. De Gea has to bounce back. If he does, then we win out. The front three need to kick on. Greenwood has been inconsistent the last 2 games-young and supposed to be. Hopefully we show up and play with passion. We were poor under the pressure whilst trying to play out of the back. We may have to play more direct. Anyways, really looking forward to it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Ole telling us DDG is mentally strong reminds me of Boris Johnson telling us we'll be back to normal by Christmas

Devil may care

Whether you like what he's saying or not i do feel Ole is getting more assertive and confident in his pressers.

padzilla

Hipster
He's hardly going to throw DDG under a bus in a press conference, which is admirable. But behind closed doors he has a big decision to make.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's hardly going to throw DDG under a bus in a press conference, which is admirable. But behind closed doors he has a big decision to make.
He's made it. DDG plays..... until the end of the season at least. Much to late to drop him, these last 2 are the biggest of Ole's career to date

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ole telling us DDG is mentally strong reminds me of Boris Johnson telling us we'll be back to normal by Christmas
There's something wrong with your sense of perspective if you liken a goalkeeping dilema to a global pandemic :lol:

Icemav

Some of the most pathetic questions I've heard from established journalists. De Gea has to bounce back. If he does, then we win out. The front three need to kick on. Greenwood has been inconsistent the last 2 games-young and supposed to be. Hopefully we show up and play with passion. We were poor under the pressure whilst trying to play out of the back. We may have to play more direct. Anyways, really looking forward to it.
I know he is young but for some reason Greenwood has looked very deflated the last couple of games. Perhaps all the attention and also getting quite a few heavy challenges. Still a bit surprised to see him lack the energy and urgency.

Gator Nate

Oh, come on, where's the fun in that? :lol:

I think one of the things I respect about him most is that he does go into manager speak in the best way possible. At least he doesn't give Little Sisters of the Poor a good shot at upsetting us week in and week out. One thing I haven't heard much since he's come in is rumors coming out of the locker room. He keeps it in house, and the players obviously have enough respect for him to keep it in house. At the same time, he's moved out most of those we would have considered bad eggs in the clubhouse and he doesn't make much issue out of that, either. Best I can recall, with all the supposed friction in the Lukaku situation, not a lot of stuff was really said either way and Lukaku has been quite respectful after leaving, too.