Solskjær press conference vs Wolves (H) | Ole: "I don’t think we will do any more business, no. I don’t think so"

Mainoldo

Agreed - imagine us coming into the dressing room after a match and Bruno's kicking the shit out of everything, then we've got the instagram boys in the other end taking selfies :lol:
Who you reckon the hardest men in the dressing room are?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
“I want a striker who will break his nose to score a goal”

Two days later

“I’m happy with my current options”

fecking hell, is that real?
Given the new ruthless streak we saw in Ole v Lingard it's more like 'I want a striker who will score a goal or I'll break his fecking nose'

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Rojo and Pogba got to be up there. Can’t see those two banging anyone. Jesse probably could have Periera; that’s saying something :lol:
Actually reckon Lingard's probably quite hard compared to the average PL player - tough upbringing in rough area often equates to someone being harder and more game than physical size does...

Rashford can probably handle himself, and Tony Martial also. Matic I could imagine holding his own. Maguire if he can punch would be no fun to tangle with - but for some reason I instinctively doubt that...

Rojo would be the hardest though I reckon (though on loan now), I genuinely really wouldn't wanna feck with him.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Rojo and Pogba got to be up there. Can’t see those two banging anyone. Jesse probably could have Periera; that’s saying something :lol:
I though Marcos was loaned out :nervous:

But Pogba? Nah, soft as they come. Instagram ho who's more concerned about his hair that having a go.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Actually reckon Lingard's probably quite hard compared to the average PL player - tough upbringing in rough area often equates to someone being harder and more game than physical size does...
:lol: have you seen that picture with the Boy George hat and John Lennon glasses? He's the softest of them all.

Jibbs

No striker means no top 4. That's what I hate about this board and Ed, they just don't know how to make the team competitive, every window they sign few players but just refuse to complete the jigsaw puzzle, it was same under Mourinho and same under Ole. Mourinho was crying for a winger in 17, crying for a defender in 18, we didn't buy one. Same with Ole... we needed a midfielder and a striker in July, we just got one in December and there is no chance of a forward yet, where an addition of a forward can ensure our Champions League qualification.

tjb

He mentioned something noone here is talking about. We will probably play with a new system to accomodate him. Ole also specifically mentioned potentially keeping the three at the back formation. Let's see what happens and how the attack looks moving forward. Could be really interesting.

NecssryEvil

I really wonder about some peoples work history where they think Ole is a yes man simply because he doesn't publicly say the owners are worthless and that his direct boss is incompetent.

Rhyme Animal

I really wonder about some peoples work history where they think Ole is a yes man simply because he doesn't publicly say the owners are worthless and that his direct boss is incompetent.
No-one's expecting him to explicitly say that though, and I'm fecking sick and tired of these daft, reactionary posts claiming that people are asking the impossible of him...

Good managers always talk between the lines, and Ole could easily say something like - "Of course we need a new, top quality striker, look at the history of Man Utd and you'll always see a rich number of top CFs here, but that's not my job, I love the group of players here and I want us to win things together. The owners are great at supporting managers here, so I'm sure we'll be doing everything possible to get back on track."

A quote of that nature is EASY for strong managers, and it doesn't rock the boat too much at all, there's no juicy quotes for the tabloids to latch onto, and thus Woodward's new Sun PR guru wouldn't need to worry etc.

Ole has a choice, make no mistake.

NecssryEvil

No-one's expecting him to explicitly say that though, and I'm fecking sick and tired of these daft, reactionary posts claiming that people are asking the impossible of him...

Good managers always talk between the lines, and Ole could easily say something like - "Of course we need a new, top quality striker, look at the history of Man Utd and you'll always see a rich number of top CFs here, but that's not my job, I love the group of players here and I want us to win things together. The owners are great at supporting managers here, so I'm sure we'll be doing everything possible to get back on track."

A quote of that nature is EASY for strong managers, and it doesn't rock the boat too much at all, there's no juicy quotes for the tabloids to latch onto, and thus Woodward's new Sun PR guru wouldn't need to worry etc.

Ole has a choice, make no mistake.
Ahh, I get it. He is not a yes man, just weak. By choice.

If only he had said things the way you wanted him to. Although I suspect you would still find something in that to take a swing at him for.

Rhyme Animal

Ahh, I get it. He is not a yes man, just weak. By choice.

If only he had said things the way you wanted him to. Although I suspect you would still find something in that to take a swing at him for.
:confused: How have I implied that makes him weak...? You're simply looking for conflict.

If anything I would suggest that it perhaps takes more strength to face up and bullshit fans as Ole has done multiple times now.

I don't think he's weak - I just think he's a lot more self-serving and possibly even snidey than is generally perceived.

And I think he's a crap manager. Hopefully that's clear enough for you

United Hobbit

Apparently we are now linked with Ighalo?

Feels a little last minute whoever is available will do is he actually any good?

Re "hard" players at United Williams looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with.

NecssryEvil

:confused: How have I implied that makes him weak...? You're simply looking for conflict.

If anything I would suggest that it perhaps takes more strength to face up and bullshit fans as Ole has done multiple times now.

I don't think he's weak - I just think he's a lot more self-serving and possibly even snidey than is generally perceived.

And I think he's a crap manager. Hopefully that's clear enough for you
Not trying to pick a fight. You said it was EASY for any strong manager which implies he is weak. You also said it was his choice to be that way.

Bottom line is in your last couple sentences, you think he is a crap manager, self-serving and snide. There are many on here that think the same way and, in my opinion, he could do nothing right for those that think that. No matter what he does he will always be crap to you and many others.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

You've got to wonder why we are scrambling so hard right at the end of the window. Martial was injured for a huge chunk of the early season, that was the warning sign!

Ok, maybe all the eggs were innthe Haaland basket, but that was WEEKS ago. At this rate we may as well get our Jan 2021 prep underway!

Flexdegea

Ighalo - a last minute decision?

From Van Persie to Ighalo - what have we become?:(

Knew someone would be overly dramatic, 6 month deal what more ya want. It's a short term fix, if it works then its genius, if not hes not on the book long term

Lj82

Ole is on record as saying he wants a striker. It's the negotiating team that have failed to get him one.

It would be self-defeating to say anything less than "I'm happy with my options." There's no sense in Ole throwing his squad under the bus with half a season left to play.
Exactly.
It's plain obvious Ole wants another striker. He said it when we sold Lukaku, before we loaned out Sanchez. We went after Haaland this window but he rejected us. That was even before rashford got injured. The question now is should we continue to select transfer targets carefully or panic buy? It is clear the club is choosing patience and looking long term over short term fixes.
Regardless of your opinion on Ole, fans should be glad that the club is not panick buying. In fact, if you want Ole out, all the more you should hope that the club doesn't panic buy.

As to what Ole says in press conferences, of cos he has to give the image of calm and state that he trust his players. That's good management. Looks like people here have forgotten the furore after Jose complained about the team not being good enough in his last pre season here

Rhyme Animal

Not trying to pick a fight. You said it was EASY for any strong manager which implies he is weak. You also said it was his choice to be that way.

Bottom line is in your last couple sentences, you think he is a crap manager, self-serving and snide. There are many on here that think the same way and, in my opinion, he could do nothing right for those that think that. No matter what he does he will always be crap to you and many others.
When I said a 'strong manager', I essentially meant strong in quality, rather than character necessarily.

And honestly mate, for me, all he has to do is win matches - and compete strongly for trophies.

Any manager who does that I'm ok with, that's my attitude toward managers at Elite level clubs.

I'm not someone who criticizes him when we win, even the Tranmere result I thought was impressive.

I just simply won't subscribe to the notion that there are plenty of managers who couldn't come straight into this squad and do a lot better. It's been a recurring theme since Fergie retired that a very fast 'creeping normalcy' takes over the Utd fanbase, and they believe very quickly that the squad's strength is the core explanation rather than the manager's ability...

Many oppo managers have pointed out that our squad has a lot of quality in it in these years - indeed, Guardiola stated this about us just this week.

It's entirely possible to simply appoint 4 wrong managers in a row! Think about this...

Imagine if instead of having Rodgers and then Klopp, Liverpool had, in the same time period employed Allardyce, Villas Boas, Conte and then Gerrard - do you think that squad would be where it is now? Of course not.

And do you think people would view that squad as having the same quality as they do now...? Do you think those managers would've improved your TAAs, Salahs, Firminos, VVDs, Manés? I don't.

And that is what I think Utd have done and are doing.

You'll know when Utd have found the right manager - it'll be apparent to everyone, it'll simply be tangible throughout the club and fanbase, and 'United' will be more than just a word in the name.

Solskjaer isn't that manager - you know this, everyone knows this really.

The reality is that he's proving easily as divisive within the fanbase as Mourinho did.

So I say, move on! Do what Liverpool and City did in their quest for the right man - try people out!

Hodgson? Nah, move on.

Hughes? Nah, move on.

Dalgleish again...? Nah, move on.

Mancini...oooh maybe! ...actually nah, move on.

Rodgers? Very possibly...but nah, move on.

Guardiola...? Yes. This is the right fit - the whole fanbase knows it.

Klopp...? Yes. A resounding 'yes', and again, the fanbase knows it.

Don't waste time bumbling around with the 'maybes', give them a season or two, if they're not the right fit, be honest and fecking move on.

Ole isn't the guy for us. So for feck sake, move on Utd.

RUCK4444

When I said a 'strong manager', I essentially meant strong in quality, rather than character necessarily.

And honestly mate, for me, all he has to do is win matches - and compete strongly for trophies.

Any manager who does that I'm ok with, that's my attitude toward managers at Elite level clubs.

I'm not someone who criticizes him when we win, even the Tranmere result I thought was impressive.

I just simply won't subscribe to the notion that there are plenty of managers who couldn't come straight into this squad and do a lot better. It's been a recurring theme since Fergie retired that a very fast 'creeping normalcy' takes over the Utd fanbase, and they believe very quickly that the squad's strength is the core explanation rather than the manager's ability...

Many oppo managers have pointed out that our squad has a lot of quality in it in these years - indeed, Guardiola stated this about us just this week.

It's entirely possible to simply appoint 4 wrong managers in a row! Think about this...

Imagine if instead of having Rodgers and then Klopp, Liverpool had, in the same time period employed Allardyce, Villas Boas, Conte and then Gerrard - do you think that squad would be where it is now? Of course not.

And do you think people would view that squad as having the same quality as they do now...? Do you think those managers would've improved your TAAs, Salahs, Firminos, VVDs, Manés? I don't.

You'll know when Utd have found the right manager - it'll be apparent to everyone, it'll simply be tangible throughout the club and fanbase, and 'United' will be more than just a word in the name.

The reality is that he's proving easily as divisive within the fanbase as Mourinho did.

So I say, move on! Do what Liverpool and City did in their quest for the right man - try people out!

Hodgson? Nah, move on.

Hughes? Nah, move on.

Don't waste time bumbling around with the 'maybes', give them a season or two, if they're not the right fit, be honest and fecking move on.

Feck me that was a lot of writing just to basically say Ole needs replacing.

There’s one manager that would garner remote interest from the majority of the fanbase and that’s Poch. Meh

Stop acting like there are loads of amazing managers out there.

The ones you listed were all p*ss poor before each team you mentioned managed to land the two best coaches in world football.
We should have signed one of the two but didn’t.

Randomly changing manager repeatedly is a HUGE contributor to the disjointed, overpaid, mess of a squad we had after Mourinho. The compilation of three shite appointments gutting and rebuilding every couple of summers.

Gasolin

Hodgson? Nah, move on.

Hughes? Nah, move on.

On the contrary, I see something unique in Ole and I think he’s more than capable in bringing United to the top now. More now when I see how he adapts his games to offset the lack of creativity lost with injuries. It’s very interesting and it will deliver when we handle those injuries.

Just watch, he’s not bad at all tactically.

NecssryEvil

Hodgson? Nah, move on.

Hughes? Nah, move on.

Yeah, I guess I am willing to give him more time than others. And yes, I know there is going to be some growing pains with him v a more experienced manager. But I see things moving in the right direction in general which I haven't really felt with the last three managers. I don't see Ole as a yes man and I think he has a little more directness in him than he shows in public. But, you can only tell the boss I need a fecking striker so many times and then it's up to them to get it done. No amount of moaning or passive aggressive statements in public are going to help the situation. I will agree he needs to get better with manager speak though, the fans and press are very clever in how they spin things now-a-days.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I though Marcos was loaned out :nervous:

But Pogba? Nah, soft as they come. Instagram ho who's more concerned about his hair that having a go.
Pogba is 6'4 of pure muscle, and he practises kick boxing. He doesn't seem naturally aggressive but if you upset him I don't think it would be a wise idea.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Is there some medical reason why Jamie Jackson always seems to be wearing sunglasses inside at the press conferences?

Rhyme Animal

Yeah, I guess I am willing to give him more time than others. And yes, I know there is going to be some growing pains with him v a more experienced manager. But I see things moving in the right direction in general which I haven't really felt with the last three managers. I don't see Ole as a yes man and I think he has a little more directness in him than he shows in public. But, you can only tell the boss I need a fecking striker so many times and then it's up to them to get it done. No amount of moaning or passive aggressive statements in public are going to help the situation. I will agree he needs to get better with manager speak though, the fans and press are very clever in how they spin things now-a-days.
Fair play mate.

Well we both want to see Utd back where the club belongs, at the top, so lets agree to disagree on this but fully respect your view.

Excited by both the January signings I have to say, and I think Iggy is gonna be a star at Utd, I really do!

crossy1686

career ending

Rashford can probably handle himself, and Tony Martial also. Matic I could imagine holding his own. Maguire if he can punch would be no fun to tangle with - but for some reason I instinctively doubt that...

Rojo would be the hardest though I reckon (though on loan now), I genuinely really wouldn't wanna feck with him.
You're probably right. You'd have to be to wear that out in public...

Rhyme Animal

You're probably right. You'd have to be to wear that out in public...
That's just Pop Trap fashion man, loads of young geezers on council estates would be wearing this type of nonsense if they got famous.

Lingard's game - he might not be that hard, but he's game, and I bet if it went down he'd be handier than many would imagine. He's had a proper upbringing, he'll have had fights before - which for loads of players in this day and age won't be the case.

He doesn't come out of this particularly well, but you can see he's instinctively game.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Yeah, I think he mentioned it once in a podcast or interview he did, can't quite remember.
Thanks; I thought it must be something like that, but obviously couldn’t rule-out that he was just being a massive knob :D