South American (non EU) talents?

SparkedIntoLife

I found this video really interesting. It's an interview with an Englishman working in South America for a football agency firm as a scout. He gives a very positive review of our prospective new signing Moises Caicedo.

What was especially intriguing was that he claimed that there will be a lot of English clubs signing players from South America post Brexit as they will only need a few under 20 caps to qualify for work permits. He thinks especially the less rich nations may benefit, such as Ecuador, Venezuela etc. He claimed his agency are in a lot more contact with English clubs but reckons more deals will happen this Summer rather than January as the U20 games are delayed and some key players need to accumulate one or two more U20 caps before becoming eligible to move.

So, if this is so, any South American (or maybe even other non EU countries) talents beyond Caicedo we may want to muppet over? I've heard 18 year old Brazilian right winger Gabriel Veron is of interest to United. I've not really seen him play though.

NYAS

Gabriel Veron is the stand-out; he won’t be a “punt” but he’ll go for Vinicius/Rodrygo amounts, at least £40m.

Below him in Brazil there’s Talles Magno (Vasco LW), Kaio Jorge (Santos CF) Patrick de Paula (Palmeiras DM).

In Argentina, Matias Zaracho who was at Racing was snapped up by Sampaoli at Atletico Mineiro which surprised me because I think he’s good enough for Europe now. Apart from him there’s:

Thiago Almada (Velez AM)
Pedro de la Vega (Lanús RW, closest thing to a Beckham you’ll find at the moment)
Augustin Urzi (Banfield LW)

In Uruguay, there’s Santiago Rodriguez who has already been picked up by City’s club in Montevideo, and there’s also Facundo Torres who is now the talented kid on the block at Peñarol after we got Pellistri.

Apart from that there aren’t really many from the other countries at the moment, Colombia especially is going through a dry period at the moment with regards to producing young talent.

Gordon S

Gabriel Veron is the stand-out; he won’t be a “punt” but he’ll go for Vinicius/Rodrygo amounts, at least £40m.

Below him in Brazil there’s Talles Magno (Vasco LW), Kaio Jorge (Santos CF) Patrick de Paula (Palmeiras DM).

In Argentina, Matias Zaracho who was at Racing was snapped up by Sampaoli at Atletico Mineiro which surprised me because I think he’s good enough for Europe now. Apart from him there’s:

Thiago Almada (Velez AM)
Pedro de la Vega (Lanús RW, closest thing to a Beckham you’ll find at the moment)

In Uruguay, there’s Santiago Rodriguez who has already been picked up by City’s club in Montevideo, and there’s also Facundo Torres who is now the talented kid on the block at Peñarol after we got Pellistri.

Apart from that there aren’t really many from the other countries at the moment, Colombia especially is going through a dry period at the moment with regards to producing young talent.
Veron has the same agent as Fred. Hopefully Fred will have nothing but glowing reports of life in manchester...

RoyH1

Dangerous thing with Latin American players is that they’ll always see Madrid or Barsa as the ultimate dream destination.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Thiago Almada (Velez AM)

amazing value to be had if the scouting is on point.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Dangerous thing with Latin American players is that they’ll always see Madrid or Barsa as the ultimate dream destination.
Think they’re realistic enough to see how many players have failed there as well

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is true and apart from the culture and climate, those clubs have also had South American superstars play for them which garners huge interest from South America.

But that could change if we had South Americans doing well in our country. Take James Rodriguez and Everton as a example, Everton are (according to a South American correspondent) the most watched club in Colombia due to James Rodriguez.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
And they don't fail in the UK?
Anywhere generally TBF. Given the amount that ply their trade in Europe these days, it’s not all about Barca and RM. many look at making a decent living and career out of the game and are realistic about where they can do that. Look at the numbers in Russia as an example

So it’s a stereotype that Latin American players ( whatever that is anyway) ‘all’ see Spain as a dream!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
There's that other Ecuadorian kid, Plata something, who plays like Di Maria but he's already in Portugal.