Southampton request Mike Dean and Lee Mason do not officiate games

GazTheLegend

Wait wait can we do that? If so we have a pretty big list, starting with uh, Mike Dean... And Kevin Friend.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Serious reform is needed to refereeing but clubs can't dictate who and who doesn't referee.

Giggsyking

I thought we cant do that. Well in that case
Oliver
Atkinson
Dean
Friend
Remind me if I forgot anyone?

Okey

Ha! That's a slippery slope there. Let's se what PGMOL do. Would set a precedent going forward. It does hurt knowing referees generally escape sanction, even for the most egregious errors.

Okey

Oh and by the way, can we request Cuneyt Cakir be banned for life?

RashyForPM

As shit as both can be, you cant go requesting which officials you do or dont want. I'm amazed they've done it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55922560
Now these are the sorts of things that teams should get fined for. Ridiculous requests which can set dangerous precedents. To think complaining about a ref in a presser gets you fined, but saying one shouldn’t referee your games doesn’t. Teams can’t choose their refs, or the PL would turn into Serie A circa 2000s.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Going by that logic, none of the referees would be good enough to officiate us. We hate each one of them anyways

Jericho

This reaction from Southampton feels a bit Trump-ish to me.

Refs feck up at times but they aren't out to get anyone.

Sylar

Should be told no. Then the refs should be in charge of the next game :)

DoomSlayer

One more 9-0 loss for Southampton and they should be barred from the PL for bringing so much embarrassment to the domestic top tier football and their own fans. What a bunch of twats, especially their btec-Klopp of a manager.

Kaos

Curious if this succeeds (it won't, they'll probably be slapped with a disciplinary measure), but on the off chance it does, we should press to never see Atkinson or Oliver ever officiate our games again :D

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I love this from Southampton. :lol:

The officiating in the Premier League is dreadful, I don't think any team would be happy with the standard.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Get slapped 9 nil and they have the audacity to suggest the ref had anything to do with it, it was 4 - 0 - should have been 5 - 0 if not for the feck up in their favour before they had any decision go against them.

If they're serious about this then maybe they should ban some of their players from playing for them.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He made one mistake in the game? The pen. They can't blame him for the red, that's a law. It probably wasn't a pen and he gave a pen. That's his mistake.

And they don't want him refereeing them again? :lol:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is Lee Mason the guy that rubbed Nuno up wrong the other week? Couldn't pick him out of a lineup, is he really that bad?

For me Jon Moss is by far the worst referee in the league. No excuse for being fat when your job is literally to run around for 90 mins twice a week.

RedDevil@84

Making that list, even as a joke, and not having Michael oliver at the top is unforgivable
I agree. But somehow I felt, he has not been that horrible against us recently. Or maybe I don't remember those games enough.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
What the feck is going on? All this controversy over the seventh goal in a 9-0 drubbing? It’s pretty much all I’ve heard about away from the Cafe in the last 24 hours.

Zoo

Yeah they should be annoyed that he only played three minutes of injury time.

DoomSlayer

What the feck is going on? All this controversy over the seventh goal in a 9-0 drubbing? It’s pretty much all I’ve heard about away from the Cafe in the last 24 hours.
I hope we win a game 10-0 with 10 penalties from 10 Martial dives. It's glorious to see all the rival fans literally imploding after our record-breaking result against Southampton. Their salty tears are tasty. :keano:

SATA

They don’t want Mike Dean officiating because he gave a red card for the first challenge in the second minute of the game? They don’t agree it’s a sending off? It’s bizarre

Red Stone

Completely ruined their chances of a late comeback, wouldn't you know?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
This will have blowback, again, on us. This'll open the door for teams to make these requests when refs give us decisions.

Take your humiliation on the chin Southampton and stop being a pack of whining twats.

DoomSlayer

I really, really, really, really want Ole to start pushing back against this media narrative. Rival managers are definitely trying to influence the refs to be scared of giving us rightful decisions, we can't just allow that to continue.

The only incident that has a question mark was the sending off. Even then, the ref was tight according to the rules.

the rule is awful, but the ref has no leeway.

Southampton should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. You can’t pick and choose officials.