Southgate anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

The People's President
According to folk ITK, he's going to be the one. He got England to a Euro final, surely that's better than anything Conte's ever done? Or Poch. Or Rodgers. Or Ten Hag?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
According to folk ITK, he's going to be the one. He got England to a Euro final, surely that's better than anything Conte's ever done? Or Poch. Or Rodgers. Or Ten Hag?
I heard the same too. Glazers and Woodward really fancy him.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I don't consider myself a fair-weather fan but I'll be seriously tested if Southgate comes on board. Frankly I thought the conversations about him and England in the summer were nauseating and at work I was asked to help on a video about how his style of dress might be prompting a great reaction from the players. I refused out of principle because I thought it was a) complete bollocks and b) that he's a mediocre manager.

So yeah, there's my stance. I'm not okay being paid to big him up and frankly wouldn't do it on my own time either.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
It's amusing so many people laugh off the suggestion when Fergie described Southgate as the most gifted manager of his generation. At his last leadership talk at Harvard he said very few clubs are willing to implement the top down changes and complete vision that Southgate would want which is why he will struggle to succeed at the largest clubs. He said his one regret was not bringing in Southgate as an assistant manager when he had the chance so he could take over with the full backing of the board. They even discussed how Old Trafford and all it's facilities would need modernising and expanding to keep ahead of the growing league with Southgate producing architectural prints to achieve this back in 2010.

Yakuza_devils

Give Ole 5 more years and 1 billion to rebuild for us to challenge at the top again. We must be patient. Don't be an entitled fan.

Meanwhile, we just support the manager and be contented with negative football. We will see in his 8th year in charge how thing goes.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's a yes from me.

'Southgate you're the one' belted out at OT. Can replace that Stone Roses tune with the Sugababes pre match.

Can't wait.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I actually think he’s high up the list. It really wouldn’t surprise me. When the other options are Amadeus’ mother and Harry Potter — can you blame them?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We do love bottlers at the wheel don't we?

Paxi

He's a childhood United fan who obviously must know the United Way. I'm 50/50 on this.
I heard a quote from someone that’s close to his family — ‘The England man dreams of United’.

Must be appealing for the glazers to have that level of adulation.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It's amusing so many people laugh off the suggestion when Fergie described Southgate as the most gifted manager of his generation. At his last leadership talk at Harvard he said very few clubs are willing to implement the top down changes and complete vision that Southgate would want which is why he will struggle to succeed at the largest clubs. He said his one regret was not bringing in Southgate as an assistant manager when he had the chance so he could take over with the full backing of the board. They even discussed how Old Trafford and all it's facilities would need modernising and expanding to keep ahead of the growing league with Southgate producing architectural prints to achieve this back in 2010.
Good effort here. You make it sound somewhat plausible until the final sentence, which is the pivotal part of any good wum.

crossy1686

career ending
Feck off with this, no one in the know has said anything about Southgate getting the job, in fact, they've said the opposite. Stop using the Daily Star as your reference point

padzilla

Hipster
What a ludicrous claim. Not winning the Euros when having home advantage throughout, bar one game, and the best squad in the tournament, and arguably English football history, was nothing short of a huge underachievement. Playing ultra defensive football and leaving an array of attacking talent on the bench shows he has what to takes to be the next Solksjaer, that's about it. Hiring him would show the United board are more interested in having a nice guy happy to be there in the chair rather than someone who is striving for excellence.

Devil may care

Sounds like we should hand him the construction contract for the Old Trafford rebuild rather than the managers job, and with all due respect Fergie thought Moyes was a good choice.

Paxi

Sure Sir Alex nearly signed him from Boro with a view of grooming him into a coaching role and eventually a manager. Didn’t work out though. Think it’s Sir Alex pulling the strings here. Definitely something in this one.

Spoony

The People's President
I heard a quote from someone that’s close to his family — ‘The England man dreams of United’.

Must be appealing for the glazers to have that level of adulation.

Fabrizio Romano is hinting at a Southgate to United at the end of the season. Would explain why we've not sacked that ex legend PE teacher.

laughtersassassin

Right now it's very hard to see any hope in the future of the club with the terrible decisions we make

It's a sobering thought

Southgate would be like hiring David Moyes all over again. Would make me feel physically ill.

The fact it's him and Rodgers are favourites is mental.

It's truly like the club actively wants to fail

padzilla

Hipster
Sure Sir Alex nearly signed him from Boro with a view of grooming him into a coaching role and eventually a manager. Didn’t work out though. Think it’s Sir Alex pulling the strings here. Definitely something in this one.
This is quite interesting, not to mention, worrying. Is there a source for this?

Spoony

The People's President
Sounds like we should hand him the construction contract for the Old Trafford rebuild rather than the managers job, and with all due respect Fergie thought Moyes was a good choice.

No. Fergie wanted Pep and Klopp. Moyes way down on the list. If Fergie's a fan of Southgate it's a yes for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.