Film Spawn 2: Movie

Eric's Seagull

Anybody else looking forward to Spawn 2 movie? Really enjoyed the first one which came out in 1997, although not to everyone's taste. Been hearing for the last 3 years that is supposed to be coming out.
I think the character of Spawn is is amazing. Al Simmons is elite soldier who goes into hell where the demon Malbolgia tries to get him to lead his armies in exchange for Al being allowed to go back to earth to see his fiancee and daughter. Although Al initially agrees, he then refuses to lead Malbolgia's Armies. Think Michael Jai White plays Al Simmons/Spawn down to a tee, in my opinion he is the ultimate anti-hero. Although I don't think some of the plot was the greatest and the special effects are outdated. I think the character was amazing and had great super powers like his chains and ability to turn himself into a car amongst others. I was always thinking I really hope they do a remake as the level of special effects now would be amazing. I always see Michael Jai White as Al Simmons/Spawn but think that Jamie Foxx will do a good job. Todd McFarlane the director stated "We're getting a second movie. And it's not gonna be a continuation, it's not gonna be a sequel, it's not gonna be any of that. Scrap the first movie it was twenty years ago. It's gonna be a dark, R-rated, scary, badass sort of script that's tight. And it's not a nice, polite, PG-13 with ray guns and and headquarters.... You're never going to see a dude in a rubber suit....This is going to be my Jaws shark"
Sounds amazing and I really hope it gets released soon.

Sylar

I enjoyed Spawn as well. A second 20+ years on? Crazy.

Well its not gonna be linked by the sounds of it so thats a good move.

Eric's Seagull

I enjoyed Spawn as well. A second 20+ years on? Crazy.

Well its not gonna be linked by the sounds of it so thats a good move.
I like the idea that Macfarlane is going along the lines of trying to make it a supernatural horror movie rather than a "standard" super hero movie, although I have really enjoyed the super hero movies I have watched. I also like the fact that is going to be R-rated, so there is a chance there it is going to be a lot moire gory. Which I hope.

There was originally a second Spawn supposed to start filming in about 2003 which I was looking forward to but for some reason it got scrapped. So I am even more looking forward to this one.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Despite the cheesyness of the Spawn movie I re watched it quite a few times because it was kinda badass too. So yes I am looking forward to see what they can do with the much better visual effects of these days.

Eric's Seagull

Despite the cheesyness of the Spawn movie I re watched it quite a few times because it was kinda badass too. So yes I am looking forward to see what they can do with the much better visual effects of these days.
I've watched it about 4 times. Last time was about a year and a bit ago and like you I am really looking forward to see what they can do special effects wise.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Why not a reboot? The original is hardly a respected/famous classic, more like a moderate budget cult film with some truly mediocre moments.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Isn't it the same backstory as Ghost Rider?

Eric's Seagull

Why not a reboot? The original is hardly a respected/famous classic, more like a moderate budget cult film with some truly mediocre moments.
Not sure on that one. Althoigh I loved the original there are some moments which could have been made better. I think this is something Macfarlane will try to rectify in the this film.

Last edited:

Eric's Seagull

Isn't it the same backstory as Ghost Rider?
It's not the same although there are slightly similar aspects. Ghost rider collects the souls of bad people for the Devil. In Spawn the demon Malbolgia was looking for the perfect dead person to lead his armies in the ultimate fight against above and Al Simmons was the most ultimate badass guy out of all the people who died to do this. Al says that he will do it as long as he can go back ans see his fiance and wife but refuses to lead Malbolgias armies

Smores

I stumbled upon and watched Spawn for the first time last year. Actually a decent movie despite how dated it is.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Afro! My man. Hope all is good.

I meant new cast as in it’s a total reboot? As the spoiler above stated - Jamie Fox and Jeremy Renner stars.
How's it going mate? Yea I'm down for an update, can barely remember the first...

SoCross

Would be amazing.

The animated series is one of the best out there