Film Spider-man: No Way Home

Sylar

Out Christmas

This is nicely done

Let the rumours of older spidermans and the multi verse commence

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If rumours are to be believed, this is going to be a lot of fun.

I’m hoping the Phase 4 movies will now stick to the release dates, no more delays.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I have to say that, given the ridiculous shooting schedule, I'm really impressed with these spider men movies.

They're filming this right now for a December release date. And doesn't sound like they're near finished either.

If it is the movie the rumours suggest I hope they give a decent amount of time to the *ahem* other characters

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Really hope we get to see Tobey and Andrew Garfield in this. The Flash is putting 2 Batman's in the same movie and crossing over a previous version of Batman with a newer version, so if we see all the Spiderman's in the same movie, then they will have beaten DC to something fresh that we haven't seen in live action before.

Last edited:

Sylar

Really hope we get to see Tobey and Andrew Garfield in this. The Batman is putting 2 Batman's in the same movie and crossing over a previous version of Batman with a newer version, so if we see all the Spiderman's in the same movie, then they will have beaten DC to something fresh that we haven't seen in live action before.
Spider man can just copy into the spider verse and it will be all good

Including the pig

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Is this the first film of the next phase leading up to the next Avengers film?
No and no, if films come out as scheduled, itll actually be the 4th film of the next phase, and there isn't currently an Avengers film in the phase.

decorativeed

Really hope we get to see Tobey and Andrew Garfield in this. The Batman is putting 2 Batman's in the same movie and crossing over a previous version of Batman with a newer version, so if we see all the Spiderman's in the same movie, then they will have beaten DC to something fresh that we haven't seen in live action before.
I really hope we don't. We don't need to be reminded of the awful Spider-man films Andrew Garfield was in, for one thing. For another it seems old hat already. Let the multiple spider-men stick to the animated films, please. I'm already worried about what they are going to do with the confirmed returning characters from the non-MCU films. Foxx's Electro was terrible, but he's a decent actor and has said he won't be in the blue makeup this time around, so presumably it'll be a different take on it.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I really hope we don't. We don't need to be reminded of the awful Spider-man films Andrew Garfield was in, for one thing. For another it seems old hat already. Let the multiple spider-men stick to the animated films, please. I'm already worried about what they are going to do with the confirmed returning characters from the non-MCU films. Foxx's Electro was terrible, but he's a decent actor and has said he won't be in the blue makeup this time around, so presumably it'll be a different take on it.
Fine just have Tobey in it then :D

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I watched the Toby Spider-Mans and enjoyed them. Never watched the others though? Any good.
I always found Spider-Man to be a lot more fun than a lot of these other super hero films

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Why can’t they just do a down to Earth Spider-Man set entirely in New York City vs one of the recognisable Spider-Man baddies? The first one kinda got there but was also a bit different with the stark stuff

Where’s this one gonna be? In some mad space suit fighting an iron man nemesis on the moon?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Thank you, I'm not really clued up on the Mavel stuff.

Is Wandavision worth a watch?
Yeah it's quite good, they've experimented and it's worked IMO. Leads right into the next Doctor Strange movie too.
I watched the Toby Spider-Mans and enjoyed them. Never watched the others though? Any good.
I always found Spider-Man to be a lot more fun than a lot of these other super hero films
Tom Holland's Spiderman films are brilliant IMO.
Why can’t they just do a down to Earth Spider-Man set entirely in New York City vs one of the recognisable Spider-Man baddies? The first one kinda got there but was also a bit different with the stark stuff

Where’s this one gonna be? In some mad space suit fighting an iron man nemesis on the moon?
Because there's 6 Spiderman films previous that have followed that exact formula. It's not like they're changing too much, the last spiderman followed that formula except was set in London/Europe. It's good to change it up a bit, multiverse is exciting.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Yeah it's quite good, they've experimented and it's worked IMO. Leads right into the next Doctor Strange movie too.

Because there's 6 Spiderman films previous that have followed that exact formula. It's not like they're changing too much, the last spiderman followed that formula except was set in London/Europe. It's good to change it up a bit, multiverse is exciting.
Nah, it’s not proper Spider-Man to me. You’d never see a Batman film set anywhere besides Gotham, seeing Spider-Man in space is stupid. Can live with him being in other cities perhaps but feck the space stuff and fighting alongside other marvel characters.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Nah, it’s not proper Spider-Man to me. You’d never see a Batman film set anywhere besides Gotham, seeing Spider-Man in space is stupid. Can live with him being in other cities perhaps but feck the space stuff and fighting alongside other marvel characters.
What do you consider "proper" Spiderman?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

You've been given a dedicated Spiderman film every two and a half years for the last two decades, nearly all of which fall under that description. How many times do you want to see the same film?

I mean they can set this film wherever they like, it's not like it's going to be a radical departure from the other Marvel films in either tone or content. Even if they opt for a multiverse idea that's still already been done by another recent Spiderman film. So given ye're being given yet more helpings of the same slush, hardly makes sense to complain it's not enough like the others.

Last edited:

pascell

Thanks mat,e, I'll give it a watch.

I agree about Tom Holland's Spiderman films, he has nailed the role in the films he's been in so far as Spiderman.

Sylar

I mean I won't knock anybody's preference but the whole 'proper spiderman stuff' is a bit of an odd take

Spidey is part of the Avengers so getting grounded movies without involving other Avengers is not something you can do and make it make a lot of sense unless you want the movie over and over again.

You can do parallel movies with spiderman fighting one villain on one side of the earth whereas another movie has the same date, but that's why spiderman had to leave new York

If spiderman is in new York and there's a big villain, it would be stupid for him not to call help

At least in Europe it would take time for the non Godlike Avengers to appear

Pretty much agree with most if not all of what @SalfordRed18 has said

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
That is Spider-Man (2002) and Spider-Man 2 (2004).

Great movies, first one has aged badly, second one has actually aged quite well. I watched it recently and the train scene still got me.

When making the modern Spider-Man films they deliberately didn't set them in New York too much though because we've already seen it

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Oh? Interested to know why. Not a fan of the actor or the Spidey character?
Good question :lol:

I actually liked previous Spider-Man movies and I don’t have an issue with the character (or actor) at all. Holland is very talented. I think you and I briefly touched on it during a prior conversation and it just boils down to preference. I like the more serious, darker/broodier hero/action type movies. If that makes sense?

Sylar

Good question :lol:

I actually liked previous Spider-Man movies and I don’t have an issue with the character (or actor) at all. Holland is very talented. I think you and I briefly touched on it during a prior conversation and it just boils down to preference. I like the more serious, darker/broodier hero/action type movies. If that makes sense?
That makes sense, spiderman is completely opposite with the trash talking and witty comments whilst fighting villains

He is basically the MCU in a nutshell

Spiderman is one of my favourites and I think thats where we differ in opinion. Aside from him having the best villains (like Batman), I think his stories are normally my favourite to read / watch

Funny thing is I see parallels with him and Batman in terms of gallery of the best villains, more down to earth (although one is radioactivily gifted), and all the gadgets available that are badass.
If that makes sense :lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That makes sense, spiderman is completely opposite with the trash talking and witty comments whilst fighting villains

He is basically the MCU in a nutshell

Spiderman is one of my favourites and I think thats where we differ in opinion. Aside from him having the best villains (like Batman), I think his stories are normally my favourite to read / watch

Funny thing is I see parallels with him and Batman in terms of gallery of the best villains, more down to earth (although one is radioactivily gifted), and all the gadgets available that are badass.
If that makes sense :lol:
Nah, it makes 100% sense. Don't get me wrong, i don't hate him or dislike him, actually. Just i.t.o. the MCU, he is my least favorite avenger (and obviously the Hulk - post getting his ass whipped by Thanos :lol:). Sort of like having a kid around the business of grown ups. Sounds silly, I know.

Anyway, I also left a comment for you in the Superman thread. You owe me a reply!