Spurs vs Chelsea

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Take it you'll be supporting Chelsea against Liverpool. . .
If we're out of contention for 4th and not going to drop more places by then...then maybe I won't mind them winning, especially with the Europa league games meaning we may rest players. But then on the day it's impossible to not want your team to win, especially against Chewsee and especially with everyone around you cheering the team on.

Spoony

The People's President
If we're out of contention for 4th and not going to drop more places by then...then maybe I won't mind them winning, especially with the Europa league games meaning we may rest players. But then on the day it's impossible to not want your team to win, especially against Chewsee and especially with everyone around you cheering the team on.
I'm hoping Chelsea bottle in next week. . .if we beat Spurs I'm sure the nerves will well and truly set in. . .plus they'll be without their first choice CBs.

feck, I've gone from despair to hope.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Professional footballer always try and win matches. And they certainly would not want to lose their last home match of the season.

tbf we should not be taking anything for granted either. we have Spurs at home and Sunderland away and Stoke are not a given.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
I'm hoping Chelsea bottle in next week. . .if we beat Spurs I'm sure the nerves will well and truly set in. . .plus they'll be without their first choice CBs.

feck, I've gone from despair to hope.
Oh I've no doubt you'll win the league. I knew Chelsea would bottle it. Spurs losing today and against Arse would really have given me hope of finishing above them, so City losing would have been a great result, but now it's just pointless, so I've had to endure another late winner for you lot and Spurs also getting closer to 4th.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I'm fecking dancing out here

--that said

Bale and Pav could have given me about 400 fantasy poitns today!

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
Professional footballer always try and win matches. And they certainly would not want to lose their last home match of the season.

tbf we should not be taking anything for granted either. we have Spurs at home and Sunderland away and Stoke are not a given.

Only they would and the man in charge is Rafa. They have a better shot at winning the europa league than finishing 4th. I wont be surprised if he fields a second string team tbh.

Of course, its not a given, but its doable.

Spoony

The People's President
Oh I've no doubt you'll win the league. I knew Chelsea would bottle it. Spurs losing today and against Arse would really have given me hope of finishing above them, so City losing would have been a great result, but now it's just pointless, so I've had to endure another late winner for you lot and Spurs also getting closer to 4th.
is a CL spot totally out of the question for you lot?

dev1l

btw Ancellotti when at Juventus (before going to Milan) was known as a bottler when it came to trophies - he lost a couple of leagues in the last week or so of the season...

Devil may care

:D:D:D:D:D

...Ahem, very good performance from Spurs, Modric, Bale and Dawson were class, added bonus with the Big Man getting sent off.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Liverpool should beat West Ham which would put them on 59, five behind Spurs and three behind City.

Next weekend: Liverpool away to Burnley (win), City away to Arsenal (loss/draw), Spurs away to United (loss). Spurs 64, City 62/63, Liverpool 62

Then it's Liverpool hosting Chelsea, Spurs hosting Bolton and City hosting Villa.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No surprise. I cant even comprehend how people can go on to compare the caf to rawk.
When things dont go our way, we call others cnuts, twats and many such expletives. When Rawk experiences a bad day, they wish for everyone to die.

Sums the whole thing up.
Sure does mate, but the rawk accusations seem to be the 'in thing' recently.

RednProud

Confession time - I thought it was all over. Will I never learn that football and especially United, never say die and never cease to amaze me - GREAT DAY.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Liverpool should beat West Ham which would put them on 59, five behind Spurs and three behind City.

Next weekend: Liverpool away to Burnley (win), City away to Arsenal (loss/draw), Spurs away to United (loss). Spurs 64, City 62/63, Liverpool 62

Then it's Liverpool hosting Chelsea, Spurs hosting Bolton and City hosting Villa.
Every reason for them to 'try'......or they could decide to cut their own nose to spite their own face.

ntripunovski

now that what we should have done... Now... What a great atmosphere that was.... All of Tottenham players played with a great deal of motivation.... We should have played that way...

MUFCgal

Confession time - I thought it was all over. Will I never learn that football and especially United, never say die and never cease to amaze me - GREAT DAY.
Me too. After being beat by Chelsea then drawing with Blackburn, I just thought it was all over.

Everybody thought it was all over against Bayern in 99, and against Chelsea during the pens in 08. Will we ever learn??

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
What a great performance by Spurs!

No Lennon, King, Palacios or Corluka, our 3rd game in six days including ET at Wembley, but we still played their strongest team off the fecking park!

Sure, we should have won by 2, 3 or 4 clear goals, and we gave ourselves a nervy last 3 minutes .... but a win is a win is a win is win is WIN!

Bale was just fantastic .... is there a better left-sided player in the Prem right now? His pace, engine, desire, commitment and skill is just so impressive.

Modric was terrific. A short while ago I said the jury still was out about his ability to play in in a 2-man CM. Well, he took on a 3-man Chelsea CM and orchestrated the game!

Dawson: great stuff. Yes, I'm biased, but hell I'd take him to the WC ahead of Upson, Lescott and several others.

Spurs take back 4th, with a big thankyou to Man. Utd today. Can we stay there? I don't know, but we've given ourselves every chance now.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Me too. After being beat by Chelsea then drawing with Blackburn, I just thought it was all over.

Everybody thought it was all over against Bayern in 99, and against Chelsea during the pens in 08. Will we ever learn??
The fate of a trophy in a single match is much different than the 33rd-35th league matches. The Bayer and Chelsea finals were "do or die" in the essence of the phrase.

MUFCgal

The fate of a trophy in a single match is much different than the 33rd-35th league matches. The Bayer and Chelsea finals were "do or die" in the essence of the phrase.
It's now 'do or die' in the title race. Neither us nor Chelsea can afford to drop anymore points. If we drop points, they'll no doubt win the league. But, if they drop points then we can get ourselves ahead and in pole position.