Stadium trophy celebrations...or lack of

RedStarUnited

Why don't english teams do these things? Unless someone can correct me, I dont remember us even having a trophy parade back in 2008.

Have any of you seen the Madrid celebrations in the Bernabeu? Watching it made me feel so jealous. When United next win one of the big trophies (CL or PL) I hope they arrange a similar thing in Old Trafford. But I know full well that they wont.

Last edited:

Bojan11

We didn't have a trophy parade back in 2008 thanks to Rangers fan not accepting defeat.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I don't think this is a regular thing, I think Madrid are just so extra they're doing it. Never seen this before :lol:

Also the fact the first video you posted was blocked by UEFA on copyright grounds suggests it's been organised by them to honour Madrid's ridiculous amount of CL's

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I always hated we didn't get to celebrate 08 double more. That was a huge achievement. Who was the last English team to win in Europe and the league? Us in 99. That's how rare it is.

We got this in a pre-season game thanks to Rangers
Yes Real are a bit extra but that would be absolutely phenomenal. Imagine the atmosphere.

I love how they celebrate in the evening as well. Even when they 'only' win the league. Turn the lights out and it becomes a real show. I can imagine other players looking at that and wanting to be a part of it.

RedStarUnited

I don't think this is a regular thing, I think Madrid are just so extra they're doing it. Never seen this before :lol:
They did it last year too.

And in 2014

That looks amazing! Don't think it would have the same buzz about it though if it was anything other than the UCL.
I remembered AC Milan also doing it in 2011 After their league title.

I always hated we didn't get to celebrate 08 double more. That was a huge achievement. Who was the last English team to win in Europe and the league? Us in 99. That's how rare it is.

Yes Real are a bit extra but that would be absolutely phenomenal. Imagine the atmosphere.

I love how they celebrate in the evening as well. Even when they 'only' win the league. Turn the lights out and it becomes a real show. I can imagine other players looking at that and wanting to be a part of it.
Gosh that was pitiful to watch that video. And the bold part is exactly what I thought of too. It adds to the Real Madrid being the biggest club in the world aura.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The celebration after we won our last title was mint. I was finished with uni, went down to OT with my mates and a crate, followed the bus to town and saw the Courteeners. That night went deansgate and met Kagawa and Buttner.

applemacdan

I seem to remember a big celebration at the MEN arena after the Treble success, directly after the parade of the city.

Remember the players and Fergie walking down to the middle of the arena with the trophies, and speeches followed.

Oneunited26

There is just that edge about real madrid that makes them stand out from the rest, they shine and they make it known we are THE giants of club football, just look at that stadium, is there a more imposing but brilliantly built stadium than the bernabeu? 6 tears of demand. Players always say CL they want to play, Real Madrid are CL, 12 european cups, even if PPL dismiss the first 5, they have another 7 and retained the European cup and CL 3 times there is no question they are the GOAT of football clubs. Our club has allot of looking in the mirror how they play the game, who they field, if we want to start dominating again, stop giving contracts to guys like lingard. Madrid are just getting the rewards of not only just buying top class players, but buying effective world class players and not fielding passengers

Lennon7

And in 2014

Gosh that was pitiful to watch that video. And the bold part is exactly what I thought of too. It adds to the Real Madrid being the biggest club in the world aura.
I did say Madrid are so extra, so showing me they've done it before doesn't surprise me. I mean it's not really a regular thing in the world of football, unless there's a huge achievement.

Ole90+3

I did say Madrid are so extra, so showing me they've done it before doesn't surprise me. I mean it's not really a regular thing in the world of football, unless there's a huge achievement.
They celebrate European Cup success the way it should be celebrated. It's the biggest achievement in club football, and just because Real Madrid have won it so many time doesn't make it any less of an achievement.

Sure look at the way the players come out at the beginning of the NBA Finals when they are playing at home. Strobe lights and everything. I think it's great. Make the most of the occasion while you are a part of it, you never know when the next opportunity will be.

Precaution

Real Madrid's Stadium Celebration looked like a over jazzled X Factor Final, was half expecting Olly Murs to jump out and sing a couple of songs.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC

And in 2014

Barca does it as well. Even Sevilla does it after our annual Europa League win:lol: (however, no celebrations in Andalucia this year..). I guess these kind of celebrations are culturally established in southern Europe, but didn't United have a similar evening of celebrations for the 99 treble? If not, that is a shame, especially since how rare those kind of achivements are. But I believe I have seen footage of the United treble Celebrations at OT, I hope someone can correct me on this.

Smudge

Prefer a trophy parade with thousands hanging off scaffolding

Lennon7

They celebrate European Cup success the way it should be celebrated. It's the biggest achievement in club football, and just because Real Madrid have won it so many time doesn't make it any less of an achievement.

Sure look at the way the players come out at the beginning of the NBA Finals when they are playing at home. Strobe lights and everything. I think it's great. Make the most of the occasion while you are a part of it, you never know when the next opportunity will be.
I'm not sure where you got that I'm suggesting Real Madrid's European achievements aren't big from. Infact I think each time they win it it gets more and more impressive.

My point was these elaborate stadium celebrations aren't commonplace in football. They happen, as I've been shown, but they're not a regular thing like bus parades. I'd love to see one at old Trafford but my point in the post you quoted was that it'd only make sense for a big achievement, like we should've done one in '99, or like Real winning yet another CL and the first back to back.

I wouldn't mind them to happen more, especially in England, but they'd have to be for a big occasion. Remember when Arsenal had a bus parade just for winning the FA cup? I don't want that :lol:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
They even celebrate better then us...:(

I prefer 1999 victory parade any day then this cringeworthy circus. Or many other open celebrations that I've seen.

criticalanalysis

Just wait when we win it next year.

Woodward is gonna have a field day with the tie ins and sponsors.

It'll be like Superbowl half time performance...

Camilo

That's pretty ridiculous...I quite like it. I'm not sure it's very British though... Completely over the top and very tacky - we should hang on to the old traditions I reckon (if we ever win anything worthwhile!).

You can really sense the cockiness, the confidence from these guys though - it's not just much better players they have, it's a complete "feck you" winners attitude. SAF really, really fecked up the changeover!!

Fracture90

I remember I watched their 2014 CL trophy celebration and it was pretty great thing to see. Tho I speak Spanish so that also helped.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This supplements the trophy parade, it doesn't replace it.
Ok, fair enough. Matter of personal preference then. Looks like a Super Bowl over the top spectacle and only thing that is missing is some pop star jumping in after the players entrance.

Really not my cup of tea but each to his own.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
@RedStarUnited - thanks for sharing, good to see how others celebrate to give us a benchmark. Not sure Brits would go for it even though they have a traditional trophy parade too.

@Camilo - certainly is ostentatious yet this is nothing new just look at the players they buy.

@MyOnlySolskjaer - good to see JM take a bow, I bet that does not happen often!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I dig that it looks like one enormous WWE pay per view event.

We couldn't have done it for the EL win this season. All those individual entrances would have taken ages with half the squad being on crutches.

Fracture90

I dig that it looks like one enormous WWE pay per view event.

We couldn't have done it for the EL win this season. All those individual entrances would have taken ages with half the squad being on crutches.
Take my upvote, just take it!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Barca does it as well. Even Sevilla does it after our annual Europa League win:lol: (however, no celebrations in Andalucia this year..). I guess these kind of celebrations are culturally established in southern Europe, but didn't United have a similar evening of celebrations for the 99 treble? If not, that is a shame, especially since how rare those kind of achivements are. But I believe I have seen footage of the United treble Celebrations at OT, I hope someone can correct me on this.
This?
:drool::keano::drool::keano::drool::keano:

stevoc

This must be some social media slang that i wasn't aware of until now.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nice, Thank you !:) Surely there is one for the double from 08 as well?
Not that I know of.:(

There's a few clips of them getting off the plane returning to England, in their Moscow hotel after the final, and a bit of the bus parade, but nothing to the video aboves extent.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This must be some social media slang that i wasn't aware of until now.
I wouldn't say social media slang. I've used it for a long time.

Just when someone always does a bit more than truly necessary, and not always in a good way.

jackofalltrades

I think they go way over the top in Spain. When Atlético played their last game, friendly, in their old stadium the fans cried rivers of tears. Never seen so many since nadal won his last trophy.