Gaming Star Wars: Squadrons

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just bought it. It's fecking brilliant with PSVR. Though I have to pause to vomit after every odd roll.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
ooooh it's on VR too, now I'm definitely in!
Playing this in VR reminds me of a long long time ago, when Star Wars was awesome and not the tired crap it is now.

Not that it's a ground breaking game of any sort, it's just fun and it makes me feel like a kid.

AaronRedDevil

I’d love to get VR but I’ll always prefer controller and a tv. But a VR headset sounds like a lot of fun these days. Especially for certain games like this. Money is a slight issue with everything else I’m buying in the next 30 days.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Playing this in VR reminds me of a long long time ago, when Star Wars was awesome and not the tired crap it is now.

Not that it's a ground breaking game of any sort, it's just fun and it makes me feel like a kid.
What VR are you using?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I would love to play this but VR makes me vom
It's not VR only mate.

Also with VR it's important to set your eye settings up right (a lot of people don't even know this is a thing still, no idea why it's not made clearer as it does really help) and most game have all sorts of comfort settings that help these days. Still takes getting used to though and short sessions until you do.

Adamsk7

It's not VR only mate.

Also with VR it's important to set your eye settings up right (a lot of people don't even know this is a thing still, no idea why it's not made clearer as it does really help) and most game have all sorts of comfort settings that help these days. Still takes getting used to though and short sessions until you do.
Cool, thanks. I’ll give it a go. Still remember how good X- wing v Tie Fighter was and have been waiting for a Star Wars space combat game to get anywhere near it.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Cool, thanks. I’ll give it a go. Still remember how good X- wing v Tie Fighter was and have been waiting for a Star Wars space combat game to get anywhere near it.
Yeah I'm not expecting it to be on a level with that or the rogue squadron games, but if it's a decent enough shooter with the VR aspect I think it'll do as it's been way too long for a decent accessible space game like this.

Mind you I've just got Minecraft VR, so I don't know when I'll get this too :lol:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It looks cool, but I imagine that it looks a lot better on the PC variants. They did a good job on the comfort side though. The sort of crowded cockpit helps ground you to prevent nausea.
Cheers

ovoxo

I’ve bought the game, but yet to play it. Is the PSVR worth getting? I wear glasses and I’ve always been worried about my glasses or the headset being damaged.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’ve bought the game, but yet to play it. Is the PSVR worth getting? I wear glasses and I’ve always been worried about my glasses or the headset being damaged.
It's a bit of an investment for just this game. VR is generally quite cool, but most games so far are a bit gimmicky about it. I hardly play VR games honestly. This game is really good with it though.

No. Clue about the glasses part.

Donut

Glasses are not a problem with VR.

fergosaurus

Keep in mind there's probably going to be PSVR 2 some time next year.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Great game and I've finally nailed adjusting my power to each system.