Television Star Wars Visions out Today

choccy77

Disney launched Star Wars Visions today.

Watched 3 so far (in Japanese, then in English) great so far, the first one is awesome.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They did the similar thing with Matrix by making Animatrix and it was decent.

I'll defnitely check a look.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Watched the 1st episode. Visually not trying to be Star Wars, refreshing to see different take.

Lucas really loves Kurosawa, so good to see something like that.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Watched a couple & liking it so far. I hadn’t realised they were dropping all of them today, so that’s a nice change from Disney+’s usual schedule.

choccy77

I've decided to watch a couple a day but started with the first 3 today, but I watched them in both Japanese and then English which gave it an interesting perspective.

Boba Fett special coming in November ahead of The Book of Boba Fett at Christmas.

dinostar77

First one is good. Just seen it. Love the anime interpretation of star wars

Spoony

The People's President
[
Watched the 1st episode. Visually not trying to be Star Wars, refreshing to see different take.

Lucas really loves Kurosawa, so good to see something like that.
First one was almost Yokimbo like, I bet that's how Lucas originally imagined his SW to be like... Kurosawa with light sabers.

dinostar77

Its interesting how nearly every take on star wars (in Visions S1) involves jedi and sith and lightsabers.

One or two smuggler, bounty hunter or political sabotage shorts would have balanced out the season better.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
First one was almost Yokimbo like, I bet that's how Lucas originally imagined his SW to be like... Kurosawa with light sabers.
Bit younger Takeshi Kitano would be brilliant as Obi-Wan. Loved him in Zatoichi, which is just another another work inspired by Kurosawa.

Hopefully they experiment bit more with that type of aesthetics if they really want to keep Star Wars afloat.

Spoony

The People's President
Bit younger Takeshi Kitano would be brilliant as Obi-Wan. Loved him in Zatoichi, which is just another another work inspired by Kurosawa.

Hopefully they experiment bit more with that type of aesthetics if they really want to keep Star Wars afloat.
Mandalorian paid homage to Kurosawa on one of the episodes. Recall it being fantastic. Love that shit.