Stefano Sensi

No Love

Just how good is this guy? Currently on loan at Inter from Sassuolo, with an option to buy. Very productive start to the season, with 3 goals and 2 assists in the opening 6 games.

In my limited viewing of him, he appears to be a classy little player. His deft touch, ability to find space, weight of pass and eye for goal appear to have him cast as something of a creative fulcrum for this interesting Inter side under Conte.

At 24 years old, what does the future hold for this chap? Could he make the step up and take his game further, or has he reached, perhaps even exceeded his potential already? Would be keen to hear from people who have watched him more extensively than I have.

haram

He has started this season very well, always looks a real threat.

No Love

He has started this season very well, always looks a real threat.
Agreed. Looks like a player who can provide real cutting edge and end product.

If he keeps this form up, Inter will be laughing while they activate the option to make the deal permanent, which is rumoured to stand at €25m.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His decision making is very good, his ability to retain possession in tight space, choice is pass is very good. Probably inter's best signing this season.

Welbeckham

Looked very good for the Italian NT. I think him and Barella were the clear stand outs there. We crave players with that kind of technical quality and football brain.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is part of a great generation of young Italian midfielders. Shame we have a blind spot for everything non-British, but these Italian midfielders can be gotten for cheap too. Barella was perfect for us, yet we are playing Scott McTominay and Pereira every week.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He is part of a great generation of young Italian midfielders. Shame we have a blind spot for everything non-British, but these Italian midfielders can be gotten for cheap too. Barella was perfect for us, yet we are playing Scott McTominay and Pereira every week.
And that Chiesa chap seems to be highly rated and is quite versatile across the front positions.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
To be fair to United Barella's boyhood team is Inter. He supposedly rejected Juve,Milan and AS Roma on the hope a Inter move came onto the horizon.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
To be fair to United Barella's boyhood team is Inter. He supposedly rejected Juve,Milan and AS Roma on the hope a Inter move came onto the horizon.
Fair enough, doubt we’d have stood much of a chance then. Still, even excluding him - Pellegrini, Sensi and Tonali are all £40m or less, or were last summer anyway. Even the jewel in Italian football, Zaniolo, can be gotten for £60m according to all reports.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Before the hype train began:
Stefano Sensi reminds me of Verratti.

I've seen a bit of Sassuolo this year and he's really impressed me. Good passing with both feet, is good at defending when out of possession, rotates with Locatelli as a 6 and further up as an 8 so is versatile, and, despite his size, he can hold off opposition players whilst shielding the ball with excellent strength, close ball control and decent dribbling like Verratti.
As far as CMs go:

Stefano Sensi
of Sassuolo reminds me of Verratti. Not saying he's as good or will be, but he's very similar. Comes deep to pick the ball off the GK/CBs, excellent first time passer to get out of tricky situations, has a quick turn on him to avoid a pressing player, is very good defensively despite his size.
Seems like Inter have signed Sensi. I think that's a great signing. Him and Brozovic should be decent!
Sensi > Naingollan
Sign me up as a scout, United :wenger: