Steve Bruce appointed as West Brom manager

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Congrats Brucey, hope you get em back to the Prem.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just one of those managers who gets 100s of goes at jobs despite 100s of sackings.

Probably a spot on club though. Will get get up, then almost take them down, being sacked mid season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Don't understand the sacking of Ismael, they were on a poor run, but are a striker short of being challengers, they didn't get anything other than Carroll in January.

He's a good manager, but so is Bruce.

RedDevilMachine

It must be amazing being one of those good old English boys club like Bruce, Pardew, Allardyce etc, you're essentially guaranteed a job.

arthurka

Like Bruce, hope he does well. He didn't deserve the treatment the Newcastle fans gave him.

Nickelodeon

He’s like the Alan Harper of the Premier League. Will find a way to get in.

OrcaFat

If he didn’t come across as having such a down-beat personality he might (rightly or wrongly) be rated slightly more highly. My god. Good luck Steve.

I’m sure it would have been a disaster but I would have enjoyed him being caretaker here. I like him. We’re fecked anyway so we might as well have had a laugh along the way.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'd love to be a football manager.

I mean I'd be shit at my job but I'd get a pay off, loads of sympathy when I'm deservedly fired and another job shortly after.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hanging around outside the gates of the Midlands' clubs, like a nonce looking through the fence outside a school.

Bertie Wooster

Pleased to see Bruce quickly back in management. Good luck to him.

I think he got a very unfair hard time from the Newcastle fans. And also from the media. I'm used to the Geordies hounding out managers, and developing OTT dislikes of them, but I thought the media sided with them too much rather than stayed neutral in their reporting.

Hope he does well. Newcastle won't go down now they've got foreign billionaire owners spending the kinds of money British owners can't. But it would be nice to see Bruce have success and get West Brom promoted.

GlasgowCeltic

It must be amazing being one of those good old English boys club like Bruce, Pardew, Allardyce etc, you're essentially guaranteed a job.
Agreed, had hoped we'd finally seen the last of those twats, atleast Keys and Gray will be over the moon

Oranges038

Got to say I like Steve Bruce, his football is puke. But he's a solid manager and gets the best out of what he has. Hope he gets them promoted and Newcastle go down.

My go to Steve Bruce video.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Newcastle and Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United, Villa, Birmingham and West Brom. The range of clubs that Bruce has managed is certainly interesting.

I don't mind him so much now. I do remember, from a Blackburn persecptive, his hypocrisy in 2005 when we signed Savage from his Birmingham team. He raged at Savage for his lack of loyalty, and Savage quite rightly responded by bringing up Bruce's own lack of loyalty during his managerial career by that stage, notably walking out on Wigan for Palace and then Palace for Birmingham within the space of a few months in 2001.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
He does have a good record of getting clubs promoted though which is as good a reason as any for West Brom to appoint him. I think he's got at least three promotions on his CV - Birmingham and Hull x2.

Useless fact: Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce have now both managed Newcastle, Sunderland, Crystal Palace and West Brom at different stages of their respective careers.

Oranges038

Couldn't find anywhere else to put this.

It popped up on my youtube. How wrong was this scout? Good job SAF didn't listen to it.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Could've sworn he was managing West Brom not that long ago. Off I go to the "weird feelings of football" thread...

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
A tough pub quiz question: name three non big six premier league clubs that were never managed by Bruce or Allardyce.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
A tough pub quiz question: name three non big six premier league clubs that were never managed by Bruce or Allardyce.
I assume all teams currently in EPL is defined as "premier league club"?

I'll guess Wolves, Burnley and Brighton? Can't remember either managing Southampton or Brentford either.

Minkaro

Don't understand the sacking of Ismael, they were on a poor run, but are a striker short of being challengers, they didn't get anything other than Carroll in January.

He's a good manager, but so is Bruce.
They signed Dike too.

Then he almost immediately got injured.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really poor start. 5 games, 4 losses and 1 draw with only 1 goal scored.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Really poor start. 5 games, 4 losses and 1 draw with only 1 goal scored.
I wonder If West Brom fans will be critisised like Newcastle fans for the crime of not rating him and wanting a better manager.

VivaRonaldo85

Missed this. Can’t be many clubs left he hasn’t managed! What a living he’s getting from these type of jobs for a year or two at a time!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Missed this. Can’t be many clubs left he hasn’t managed! What a living he’s getting from these type of jobs for a year or two at a time!
Surely though, like with Pulis at Sheffield Wednesday, owners will now wise up to the fact he's done.

I don't think even his PR team can spin having perreniel promotion winners diving down the league at the speed of light.

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
They were on the way down under Ismael, but he hasn't galvanized the side since taking over. On paper, the squad suits him well, too.

Dike being injured not helping matters for them but West Brom are most likely in a much needed rebuilding stage. Not sure Bruce is capable of doing that anymore. Poor running of the club and poor recruitment has caught up to them and they've lost their sparks of top flight quality in the most recent years.

CM

Bruce really was a bizarre appointment for West Brom. He didn't manage to get Villa promoted when they had the best resources in the league, and there are no redeeming qualities when results aren't going your way with him.

I'm surprised Bruce came back into management for a job like this after all the flak he took at Newcastle too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They were 5th when he took over. They're 13th now.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
I wonder If West Brom fans will be critisised like Newcastle fans for the crime of not rating him and wanting a better manager.
typical delusional baggies, wanting a team that knows how to defend and/or attack.

FireballXL5

I can't believe he still gets employed. Nice bloke, but he really should call it a day.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
West Brom were in free fall before Bruce took over.

Ismael ran that team into the ground and Bruce is having to pick up the pieces.

They are actually playing we, just the same issue all season they don't have a goalscorer.