Steven Gerrard | Al-Ettifaq Manager

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Not sure why something won 40 years ago is relevant, but It does come across as a bit arrogant just as Villa fans were in the first place when the ESR talk was coming out.
You're the one that came across as arrogant.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You're the one that came across as arrogant.
What part of my post was arrogant? The part where I said a European Cup win 40 years ago isn't really relevant now, or the part where I said some Villa fans were coming across as arrogant when they were bidding for ESR?

kidbob

If Ole is shit then him and Lampard should be kept away from even coaching conference level.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Laughable they're fanbase thought they could compete with Arsenal and bid for Smith-Rowe.
This bit.

As if Arsenal are competing for honours at the minute.

Villa are a big club. You're barely bigger. If they have the money then they can compete with you easily, especially given your penny pinching owners.

ForeverRed1

First few weeks were good....we played good structured football at both ends and results and performances reflected that.

No idea what's happened recently but we've been terrible against three bottom 6 teams. Get the feeling already his style and formation been worked out and worried as he's so wedded to it, we could play 4-2-3-1 comfortably with this squad for instance given we did it for majority of Dean Smith's time.

will be massive for you if you can keep hold of the likes of cash and courtinho
Need to get better DM in but again he seems to just want Bissouma who has presence but really isn't that great given the error he made against you guys and also v Burnley so wouldn't be blowing 40m on him.
New manager bounce is very real. The honeymoon period always wears off and it’s how you perform in the games you should be winning. You should be much further up the table than you are. It remains to be seen if he can cut it in the PL.

bissouma would be a very good signing for you guys. He’s exactly what you need. And a top striker. Watkins and ings are ok but not the level you need to really kick on. Also don’t think you should of sold targett, you need depth and competition.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sure I read somewhere Saka was fouled the grand total of three times on Saturday. Stand to be corrected. Mings yellow was a complete joke anyway.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Will be four defeats in a row. All against top half teams, I think, so more disappointing than alarm ringing at this stage but is the sort of run that can have a bad effect on confidence. In the more medium term I think it's 10 points from 11 games. They could really do with an end of season upturn, else it'll start to look like he's taking them back where he found them.

Idxomer

Move on, there's nothing special here and Pool is never coming near him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe he is regretting it , should have probably stayed with rangers.

Has damaged his stock badly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Villa will give him a lot of money to spend in the summer, at least. They’re like the new Everton of massively overpaying for average players lower down the table. Once he has a transfer window and he’s still tanking then they’ll drop him

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Villa will give him a lot of money to spend in the summer, at least. They’re like the new Everton of massively overpaying for average players lower down the table. Once he has a transfer window and he’s still tanking then they’ll drop him
Hard to see how he turns their fortunes around, but we'll see i guess.

poleglass red

he wasn't an immediate success at Rangers either, I'd say he'd need another season at Villa before you can say his stock has fallen.

tomaldinho1

100/1 odds on him being next sacked worth a punt. Didn’t realise how bad they’ve been and 3/4 games left i can see then losing now Burnley are flying.

James Peril

he wasn't an immediate success at Rangers either, I'd say he'd need another season at Villa before you can say his stock has fallen.
Well, you see pretty quickly how ideas are implemented and if poor results are down to learning new things. Those things are completely missing at Villa, there is no grand plan to be seen and their fans are pretty fed up, the best players aren’t blossoming and they aren’t better than the sum of their parts either. As for Rangers, what he did there is as interesting as what Solskjær did at Molde, sorry to say, the level is very low. The Premier League is professional football, what happens in Norway and Scotland isn’t very telling of anything.

Gerrard is very unlikely to be in the job in 12 months, SkySports should already slot him into their broadcasting schedule.

BEST No7

Well, you see pretty quickly how ideas are implemented and if poor results are down to learning new things. Those things are completely missing at Villa, there is no grand plan to be seen and their fans are pretty fed up, the best players aren’t blossoming and they aren’t better than the sum of their parts either. As for Rangers, what he did there is as interesting as what Solskjær did at Molde, sorry to say, the level is very low. The Premier League is professional football, what happens in Norway and Scotland isn’t very telling of anything.

Gerrard is very unlikely to be in the job in 12 months, SkySports should already slot him into their broadcasting schedule.
Wow..wow. Comparing the Norwegian league to the best team in Scotland is nuts. Regardless of Rangers European performances.

Steven Gerrard is a cnut

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Can imagine Liverpool giving him an honorary PL winners medal if his Villa side held on to the lead.

The guy is legit cursed :lol: