Stop-gap measure - Best Assistant Managers around?

Marcus

Let me begin by saying that I am #Oleout. But if we can only get the manager we want at the end of the season, is there any assistant manager in the mould of Kidd, McClaren, Quieroz available to bring in to help Ole? It's obvious the board are not thinking of renewing Carrick and McKenna's contracts so maybe this is in their thinking as well. Or is it so difficult to suss out because the good work done by such assistants is too much in the shadows?

Also, I understand that it is basic management sense that if you want to improve your organisation, you should always hire people better than yourself and have the strength of character to let them shine. I hope Ole is not the type of person to only want to accept coaches worse than himself because of his ego. That would be sad and in itself also be reason for him to go.

In fact, if Ole truly wants to fashion himself as the new Sir Alex, he would need to realise that Sir Alex constantly reinvented himself by surrounding himself with innovative and capable coaches. Sir Alex the manager was actually the management team as a whole built by Sie Alex.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We dont have anyone outside of ex United players and staffs. The manager will have to bring his own trusted people, in the case of Ole what he brings is similar to what United will bring. They will probably bring in Rene or Mike Phelan. Thats about it.

Marcus

Why on earth would any capable manager want to be an assistant to Ole.
Some great assistant managers wilted in the spotlight. See erm, Kidd, McClaren, Queiroz. It's no shame to be a great assistant. I was going to add Arteta, but he seems to be finding his feet.

Marcus

Ole isn't Sir Alex. I wish the two weren't put in the same sentence as managers.
I agree of course! But he is modelling himself on Sir Alex. Maybe he thought I would do what Sir Alex does, but just not seeing the more holistic coaching picture which existed at that time. It would be sad if he does not realise this. Maybe he does but doesn't have the steel to fire Carrick and McKenna who are amateurs?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I agree of course! But he is modelling himself on Sir Alex. Maybe he thought I would do what Sir Alex does, but just not seeing the more holistic coaching picture which existed at that time. It would be sad if he does not realise this. Maybe he does but doesn't have the steel to fire Carrick and McKenna who are amateurs?
I think it's time for him to move on. I don't see why any top quality manager would want to be an assistant to someone with Ole's managerial cv.

BaneIsPain

Not sure the best assistant can help him now. (I mean how do you gauge assistant manager performance? unless you're club scout)