Strangest goals ever scored

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
So today marks the 9th anniversary of the famous 'beach ball goal'.

Anyone remember any other weird goals that stand out?

This one is really strange because it seems to fool literally everyone apart from the player making the attempt on goal.

Last edited:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Not the strangest ever but still amusing was Nani's goal vs Spurs.

ROFLUTION

I once scored an own goal where I was the last man and was around the half line. Only me and the goalkeeper in our half.

I fired a really hard back-pass to the goalkeeper as he was far away, but it hit a bump and went 10 meters up in the air above the goalkeeper and into the net. Wish I had it on camera :lol: Probably a mole popped out of the ground and fecked me over.

mckenic

Sparky scored for Southampton but the hoarding at the back of the goal was so close that the ball hit it and came back out. Watching it I couldn't believe it had happened. Still remember it to this day!

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The man, the legend. Piplica:

Sorry for the terrible music. Was the only video I could find.

Glaswegian

The goal Scholes scored against Milan away at the San Siro in the Last 16 game. Cross comes in Scholes goes to volley it, misses it and it wacks off the shin of his standing leg and goes in the net. The first one that came to mind.

Not that strange right enough but considering the magnitude of the game was an unexpected huge slice of luck.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Poor quality but I remember watching it live and thinking how funny and bizarre it was. Some fan in the crowd had a very loud whistle and blew it early, you can hear it at the 93:45 mark. Lazio players including Udinese's believed it was genuine and began to walk off the pitch, but the ref waved play on and Udinese scored again and the goal stood.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
That's insane.
It's as if a magnet was placed in the goal and ball had a metal component inside.
No matter what any of the players did, that ball was heading straight into the goal.

GuyfromAustria

Not allowed to post a link to the video, but Philipp Schobesberger of Rapid Vienna vs. Viktoria Plzen in the EL 2015 was a funny goal.

red4ever 79

Often think of that Michael Thomas one at Anfield in 89 I think, right at the depth snatching the title away from Liverpool. Not the strangest of goals, but the silence from the crowd was quite spooky.