Straylan and Kiwi politics

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Sounds like NZ is definitively heading in the wrong direction :(. After driving around for a month there and enjoying all the nature conservationism, and beauty, the one that really annoys me as the idea that they are pushing for mining in those types of areas is just infuriating.
The crazy thing is its Dept of Conservation areas.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Stack

So our new PM has decided not to live at the Prime Ministers residence in Wellington, the excuse given the maintenance on it is going to be very expensive. To be fair to him its been a well understood shit hole for a long time.
However he has decided to take the $52k accomodation allowance afforded to the PM if they decide to live away from the Prime Ministerial residence. That would seem like a reasonable thing to do but he has decided to stay in his own apartment he owns freehold in Wellington. He is the first PM to take this allowance. The previous PM decided to live in his own house but didnt take this allowance.
The thing that is bullshit is that this Govt has been slashing jobs and welfare allowances, some for sickness welfare whilst calling for cuts in all Govt sectors and asking Govt departments to find savings. He had last year spoken about the Labour Govt treating NZers as an ATM machine yet here he is doing exactly that. He is well within the rules to take this entitlement but given the current economic situation and his call for others to cut spending this is amazing to have such a lack of self awareness.
Its amazing how those that tell the rest of us to cut costs or to be ready for cuts to services will so often not act as they demand of others.
The housing subsidy he is claiming is more than NZers earn on the minimum wage.

Also on top of this he is claiming $3750 a month ($45000 a year) to rent his electoral office, a building he also owns. Of course well within the rules but still shitty in the context of whats happening.

Two quotes of his
"The days of tax payers being treated like a bottomless ATM are over"

"If you can pay you should pay". A reference to people who can afford it paying for their prescriptions when they slashed a prescription subsidy.

Last edited:

Stack

So the Reserve Bank of NZ, National and ACT have all stated in recent months that we need to increase the numbers of unemployed so employers have more choice.
Benefits have been slashed and interestingly social media here has been flooded with all manner of benefit bashing.
Now they are looking at killing off a free school lunch program.
Who will this hurt the most? Families of those unemployed or on minimum wage.

The people who are paying the most to drag NZ of the inflation problem are those earning the most.

This is a vile and cruel Govt we have elected here.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
So the Reserve Bank of NZ, National and ACT have all stated in recent months that we need to increase the numbers of unemployed so employers have more choice.
Won't anyone think of the poor multinationals?

Stack

Won't anyone think of the poor multinationals?
Oh thats all been taken care of, soon they will be able to obtain oil and gas exploration permits and mining permits for conservation areas. Also they get to take advantage of our stepping back from international treaties on deep sea trawling.
We cant let them suffer

Stack

This is horrific.
Im not a Kiwi having a go at you Aussies, we have awful shit going on here too but this really is vile.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Clive Palmer banging on about his Titanic II fantasy again. Apart from his terrible grammar, his aim to to build a vessel “far, far superior than the original Titanic” is a petty low bar given what happened to the first one. He also seems to think that the film was a documentary as in a very weird sentence he told journalists that,

Clive Palmer AKA Jabba The Hutt said:
"The love story of Rose and Jack is one that touches the hearts of everybody.

The Titanic we hope can act as a catalyst to reinvigorate some of those values that we’ve got, which will hopefully lead to peace."
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...08245f0c992036#block-65f0e9cb8f08245f0c992036

WPMUFC

Unfolding incident in Australia, 4-6 people stabbed and possibly killed in a shopping centre and suggestion an infant has been stabbed.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The demise of this cnut will be delicious.

its quite indicative that when these sociopathic cnuts get pulled up on their bullshit by person who are more than just mere mouthpieces, they get their arse handed to them.
Let's just hope he gets saddled with millions in legal costs.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Right wing media will be loving this. They’ll have a field day about how wrong the decision is and how he wasn’t proven guilt in the criminal case therefor it’s not a proper guilty verdict.
Even the more right wing papers seemed to he reporting this ok (judging by my Google news feed) except for Sky News who went with the headline "Brintney's untruths" or some such idiocy. Although it has disappeared now.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The Church stabbing has been designated as a terrorist incident. The attacker is young (15 or 16) and seems to have attacked the bishop beause he has been critical of Islam in the past. The attacker suffered injuries, possibly losing some fingers, and it is unclear if this was self-inflicted, accidental during the melee that followed the attack or deliberate by those who were restraining him after the attack before the cops turned up.

The Guardian said:
In a video shared via private WhatsApp groups, the alleged attacker is seen being held on the ground inside the church, surrounded by people.

Amid the chaos, the alleged attacker can be heard speaking. He allegedly says in Arabic:

"If he [the bishop] didn’t get himself involved in my religion, if he hadn’t spoken about my Prophet, I wouldn’t have come here.
If he just spoke about his own religion, I wouldn’t have come."

The video reportedly shows the mayhem that followed the attack, with people in bloodied clothes walking around as the alleged attacker is held against the ground.

It is unclear who was holding him down and why, or if there were any authorities present at the time.

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel, who has a popular online presence, has previously criticised Islam and the Prophet Mohammed in public sermons.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I really have to laugh every time the defamation case is discussed in the media. If he never bothered to bring the case forward I would have long forgotten about the whole things by now. Yet because of it we get constant reminders, and now everyone reporting he is a rapist as per the judgement.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I really have to laugh every time the defamation case is discussed in the media. If he never bothered to bring the case forward I would have long forgotten about the whole things by now. Yet because of it we get constant reminders, and now everyone reporting he is a rapist as per the judgement.
We can now all all him a rapist and laugh further when he is bankrupted by the cists judgement next week.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This aged well :)