Striker options?

CtrlAltDeLigt

Getting an expensive striker like Solanke or Toney doesn’t look possible imo.

I feel given the issues in other positions, we can go with Guirassy who I prefer over Welbeck.

We have a box crashing striker/poacher who needs to be given confidence, a more link up player with better hold up play than Hojlund should be prioritised

Valencia Shin Crosses

Prior to joining us Saha had 3 seasons in the EPL. His last year with Fulham was astronomical. He was joint 3rd top scorer in the EPL (with RVN) behind Shearer and Henry. Season prior though he scored just 7 goals in 28 matches one of whom in the Intertoto and before that he scored 9 goals in 44 matches. One could argue at the time that it was all down to form and that the 2003-2004 season was an exception rather then the rule.

We signed Saha not because of his name but because he had the right characteristics to succeed at United. We also crapped assists left right and center which meant that you really had to be a donkey not to score goals with United.

We've been relying on the big name upfront to bail us out for more then a decade (RVP, Ibra, Falcao, Lukaku, Cavani etc) I think that United need to act smart this time round. First of all let's address the creativity issue which stems from a defense which is not good enough, an unbalanced CM and flank men who simply do not produce enough assists. Since that we eat most of the budget then we'll have to buy a striker whose cheap and will not ask a silly salary for his services. If that striker does well then we've got our new Ole or Chicarito. If not well selling him for a minimum loss should be pretty straightforward.
Agree completely with this, it’s why I’ve hated the constant moaning for a “world class striker” when we haven’t created worth a shit for years. Now if we were creating left right and center and Hojlund was doing a Darwin Nunez impression in front of goal then I’d agree we should splurge on a top striker, but we don’t. Bringing in another striker won’t fix those issues if if you get a few more goals overall.

aeh1991

Sesko scored again. I don't get why many are against signing him. He clearly brings other qualities than Hojlund (so they could also play together in some occasion) and has a decent scoring record, from all the quality options he would be the cheapest with his release clause.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Sesko scored again. I don't get why many are against signing him. He clearly brings other qualities than Hojlund (so they could also play together in some occasion) and has a decent scoring record, from all the quality options he would be the cheapest with his release clause.
I'm against signing him because he's struggling for goals in the Bundesliga and our team pass even less to the striker. He will literally be a goal post running around the pitch

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm against signing him because he's struggling for goals in the Bundesliga and our team pass even less to the striker. He will literally be a goal post running around the pitch
He had a slow start at Leipzig, that's true, but in each of his last 10 starts he either scored or assissted. That's pretty good I'd say.