Stupid United 'Fans'

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Went to meet the missus for lunch today and was wearing a United polo. While I'm waiting for her this guy says "Manchester United, cool." I ask if he supports them. He says they're his favorite team. We shoot the shit quickly about watching the match tomorrow. He then proceeds to tell me, "I didn't watch them last year much because they didn't play that well and sucked." I responded with, "You're right, we only won the league by playing beautiful attacking football, got to the semi-finals of the Champions League, beat a good Italian side 7-1, and got to the final of the FA Cup. He responds with, "Oh, really?". He walked away quickly after being exposed for the idiot he was. I was stunned at someone who says United is his favorite team doesn't know that no more than 4 months ago, they lifted the Premiership trophy. One of the downsides of living in Kansas I suppose.

^Red Devil^

I have been a united "fan" since about 1997 as i am reasonably young. I live in oz, but in that time I've probably missed one or two games a season at most and that includes preseason. I've been to OT to see us play once in the 2004-05 season. You could say i started out a bandwagon fan but i wouldn't consider myself one anymore.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I actually know a guy who has been a United fan,Liverpool fan,Arsenal fan and Chelsea fan in the past 5 years. He is now currently supporting AC Milan.

Suresh

Successfully neg-repped Bury Red and all I got was
There are probably a couple of "fans" like that here :D
I tend to do 'people watching' at the pubs when I'm bored. Funnily enough, the same members of the hip crowd who were once staunch Gooner fans in their unbeaten season soon became Chelsea fans and have recently been seen wearing United tops. Resisting the urge to point and laugh at them is becoming quite a chore.

kotler

'I told Drogba where to stick it'
I actually know a guy who has been a United fan,Liverpool fan,Arsenal fan and Chelsea fan in the past 5 years. He is now currently supporting AC Milan.
I know that type, sometimes they change their team during the season...and these cnuts are the most passionate ones about giving you a hard time..football affiliation should be encrypted in peoples DNA so people stay commited

hypercrawl

I must be lucky, I actually know 2 actual chelsea fans. It's easier to win the 'better club' argument when they have more than 3 years of history behind them.

mickthered

United have their fair share of idiot fans just as much as any other club

vanthaman

Winner
theres this american guy on IGN forums who supports Arsenal, Spurs and Roma. how can you support both arsenal and spurs

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
theres this american guy on IGN forums who supports Arsenal, Spurs and Roma. how can you support both arsenal and spurs
Good lord! What an absolute spanner.
Is he aware of the hatred between the two clubs?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Manchester Devils Rule! My other favorite team is The Liverpool Scousers.
Since the Devils are one for four in winnings this play season I think I will support The Big Dippers because they bought Fernando "Pretty Boy" Torres.
WUM alert!!!111

eddafed

football,is just a passing phase, it will never catch on.

cloud218

Phew...when you mentioned "today" I sighed in relief, knowing that it wasn't my friend who is a "fan" too. Luckily, he headed off to America two weeks ago.

RedGib

Manchester Devils Rule! My other favorite team is The Liverpool Scousers.
Since the Devils are one for four in winnings this play season I think I will support The Big Dippers because they bought Fernando "Pretty Boy" Torres.
good for you paul,
I like any team that wears red and am proud of it.
its all about your colours this football game, i hate it when united have to play in thier away strip as i have to support the other team for the day.

cloud218

I tend to do 'people watching' at the pubs when I'm bored. Funnily enough, the same members of the hip crowd who were once staunch Gooner fans in their unbeaten season soon became Chelsea fans and have recently been seen wearing United tops. Resisting the urge to point and laugh at them is becoming quite a chore.
You know...you should go back to that pub, get a camera and take pictures of hip crowds who currently wears 06/07 or 07/08 jerseys, store them, and if United might lose, and another team wins, check to see if some of those hip crowds would change their jersey and take a picture of them again.

After that, with the approval of the pub owner, you should print the past and present picture in front of everyone. That should teach them a lesson of being a "glory hunter".

cloud218

good for you paul,
I like any team that wears red and am proud of it.
its all about your colours this football game, i hate it when united have to play in thier away strip as i have to support the other team for the day.
So then you support Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, PSV, Ajax, Hertha Berlin, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Chivas, Toluca, Toronto FC, Chicago Fire, Dallas FC, Urawa Red...etc.?

*Sorry...just had to do this.

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
I know a lad who changed his allegiance from Utd to City this year because Thaksin bought them & this lad goes to Thailand every year on holiday. To be fair he never knew feck all about Utd, now he knows less about Citeh & obviously feck all about Thaksin...the Thais hate the cnut - some people:lol:

air_mood

There's a couple of people I know on my local forums who says he supports Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. One of them even go by the username of ManLivArs. When asked about this his point of defence is, "At least I've been to teh stadiums and bought the merchandise". What a jackass. There's also a couple of "fans" who supports Real Madrid and Barcelona.

cloud218

Sorry, but to what extent would be a fan considered to "never knew feck"?
Just out of curiosity.

cloud218

There's a couple of people I know on my local forums who says he supports Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. One of them even go by the username of ManLivArs. When asked about this his point of defence is, "At least I've been to teh stadiums and bought the merchandise". What a jackass. There's also a couple of "fans" who supports Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Being a fans isn't about buying merchandise. You can tell the fecker to start burning the jerseys and start a life outside of football. Clearly, he does not have the passion for sports. Heck, tell him to feck off from sports as a whole.

Red For Ever

So then you support Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, PSV, Ajax, Hertha Berlin, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Chivas, Toluca, Toronto FC, Chicago Fire, Dallas FC, Urawa Red...etc.?

*Sorry...just had to do this.

I know it was hard
But I managed to ignore the " I support anyone who wears red, coudnt decide if it was a wind up, or not, surely it is " :eek:

cloud218

I dont know a single person who has changed their team. I had no idea it happened regularly.
You'd be surprised with how many do act like that around you. I was. And to one of them I clearly told them I was disappointed with him. Can't really distinguish if it's fortunate or unfortunate, but he clearly stopped talking to me afterwards.

mu77

One of the downsides of living in Kansas I suppose.
topeka's another one. SUF - he wasn't that he wasn't a fan of anyone other than the jayhawks or chiefs - get out of kansas as fast as you can.

D J Dog Toffee

I knew a Thai bloke that supported Chelsea. I asked him why, adding that Chelsea is full of soulless cheating cnuts? In his defense he said that he didn't so much support Chelsea, but rather Jose Mourinho. He claimed to have supported Porto a few years back, and is already planning to support Real Madrid, as he is sure that Mourinho will be there before to long. When confronted with my retort that Mourinho is an utter dick, he didn't really have a response..

Red For Ever

I know a lad who changed his allegiance from Utd to City this year because Thaksin bought them & this lad goes to Thailand every year on holiday. To be fair he never knew feck all about Utd, now he knows less about Citeh & obviously feck all about Thaksin...the Thais hate the cnut - some people:lol:
United supporter from being 9 that was 42 years ago, a United supporter always, through relegation, the double, the treble plus a lot more and whatever the future brings.
I may have changed my Wife but never my club
How can you "Support passionately" your club and then support someone else, I have some sympathy or Interest in a few other clubs for various reasons
ie Hull City, Accrington Stanley and the really famous Sunday league side known as Chomley AFC but not support that is exclusively for Manchester United and no other not even the National side commands that sort of loyalty
Never understood United fans buying Real shirts because Beckham had gone there, I would wear a United shirt with Beckham on as i do with Best or Cantona on, but never another clubs shirt with an ex player on, I support the club not the player, although I support any player that is currently in our Squad, and wish most ex players the best of luck and i am just grateful that we have had and still have great players wearing our shirt
Maybe i am old fashioned but I just dont understand how people can truly be a supporter when they change clubs just because of results or who is playing for them. I can admire the ability or the performance of other teams players or the way another team plays but support any one else Never
Besides supporting United for 42 years has given me more pleasure and a few heartaches than any other team could have