Suez Canal blocked by huge container ship

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Canal was previously closed 1956-1957 and 1967-1975 due to Israeli-Egyptian wars. Bunch of ships got trapped in it during the latter period.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
if it is the same spot maybe the fault is not from the boat but from the channel

RedDevilQuebecois

if it is the same spot maybe the fault is not from the boat but from the channel
I was thinking the same thing. This is no longer a coincidence and thus something has to be done about it. Whether that's through more supervision at that spot or digging the area wider there, I hope someone has something in mind as a next step.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
[TINFOILHAT] Is there a chance that this is some kind of subterfuge? Could a ship from some country that wants to disrupt shipping dump sand in the canal surreptitiously?[/TINFOILHAT]

Currents could do the same but I'd assume they are limited in a system of locks. Climate change maybe?

Abizzz

[TINFOILHAT] Is there a chance that this is some kind of subterfuge? Could a ship from some country that wants to disrupt shipping dump sand in the canal surreptitiously?[/TINFOILHAT]

Currents could do the same but I'd assume they are limited in a system of locks. Climate change maybe?
There's no locks on the Suez Canal.

All I remember from last time around is that driving huge ships down narrow canals has some perils I had never even thought about before.