Suggestion: "Remind me later" for announcement banners posted at the top of the site

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
When announcements are posted on the site in the form of a banner at the top, the only option to remove the banner is to dismiss the notice. However, I feel like there are a few cases where we'd like to temporarily dismiss the banner and then see it appear again after some time.

Example: this is what I currently see

I would like to keep that announcement banner at the top so that I don't forget to submit my Last Man Standing picks. However, I don't want to see it for now. If I dismiss the notice, I'm at the mercy of the modmins creating a reminder announcement. If I can have a "Remind me later" option to snooze the banner, I can see the announcement again without having to, say, request a reannouncement from a modmin. This would also be decent for other announcements like the United Hour podcast ones.

I'm wondering if anyone else feels similarly about this and whether this is even feasible. If it's not feasible or not that important, then it's no big deal. This is more of a "nice to have" feature.