Film Suicide Squad (2016)

InfiniteBoredom

Will Smith just doesn't come off as a bad guy, no matter how hard he tries. Robbie is a bit over the top, but it's probably a good thing.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This movie will make me hate Margot Robbie, and I like her.

Sylar

Theres always too extremes on this forum... for everything. :lol:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Theres always too extremes on this forum... for everything. :lol:
Not really.

I personally don't like Will Smith being Deadshot and never did.
Margot Robbie hasn't got the voice of Harley at all and I don't recall Harley ever being crazy to the point where there were voices in her head.
I don't like the look of The Joker. I think he looks like a Sex Pistols fan from the 70s.
The little dialouge heard in the trailer is extremely common and corny.

I gave a list of decent reasons as to why I don't like the looks of it :D Hardly extreme or controversial :D

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Robbie is an utter ride, but nothing about any preview so far has been the slightest bit like Harley Quinn.

To be fair, Leto is doing a better job despite being made to look like Marilyn Manson dressed up as the Joker for Halloween.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Not really.

I personally don't like Will Smith being Deadshot and never did.
Margot Robbie hasn't got the voice of Harley at all and I don't recall Harley ever being crazy to the point where there were voices in her head.
I don't like the look of The Joker. I think he looks like a Sex Pistols fan from the 70s.
The little dialouge heard in the trailer is extremely common and corny.

I gave a list of decent reasons as to why I don't like the looks of it :D Hardly extreme or controversial :D
Ok, the voice of Harley? Based on what? TAS or Arkham, cause that's the only speaking versions to ever exist - hell the character was only created in the 90's in TAS. I don't get how she has to have a certain type of voice. Does every James bond have to sound the same? I really don't get this nonsense.

.Rossi

Ok, the voice of Harley? Based on what? TAS or Arkham, cause that's the only speaking versions to ever exist - hell the character was only created in the 90's in TAS. I don't get how she has to have a certain type of voice. Does every James bond have to sound the same? I really don't get this nonsense.

fecking hell, calm down!

"Nonsense" :rolleyes:
Ever think that maybe I'm just a massive fan, who grew up with that Harley and that is part of whom the character is to me, and quite clearly, many others? Her voice was one of the things that made her memorable. Margot Robbie is a fine actress, who is quite capable of doing different voices/accents. Which is why I'm confused as to why she clearly didn't attempt it

It doesn't make it "nonsense"

And James Bond was never known for his voice and obsession with his on/off male lover

Sylar

And some fans probably grew up with Jack Nicholson as Joker and probably saw the trailer with Heath and said "thats not the joker voice" etc.

To say a comic book character doesnt have the right voice is a bizarre criticism tbf.

Duffy

fecking hell, calm down!

"Nonsense" :rolleyes:
Ever think that maybe I'm just a massive fan, who grew up with that Harley and that is part of whom the character is to me, and quite clearly, many others? Her voice was one of the things that made her memorable. Margot Robbie is a fine actress, who is quite capable of doing different voices/accents. Which is why I'm confused as to why she clearly didn't attempt it

It doesn't make it "nonsense"

And James Bond was never known for his voice and obsession with his on/off male lover
She appeared in 9 episodes of TAS, 3 Arkham games and a few tie-ins, I really don't see how she has a set voice, so you being upset because she isn't doing a daft voice is nonsense, as I said. Also, isn't there voices in all our heads? She's a character driven to craziness by hybristophilia, always has been and I'm guessing the voices in the head of a crazy person are a lot more out there than those of an every day person.

Duffy

And some fans probably grew up with Jack Nicholson as Joker and probably saw the trailer with Heath and said "thats not the joker voice" etc.

To say a comic book character doesnt have the right voice is a bizarre criticism tbf.
Exactly. I'm wondering if people saw Nicholson in 89 and thought "He ain't like Romero! This film will be shit!" :lol:

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Seems like I'm in the minority when I think that this was a shit trailer. Unfitting music aside, the few lines just came across really low. "Let's go save the world", "Let's do something fun", "We're baaaaad guys, that's what we do". Not sold at all.
I thought the same thing, it looked very poor. It's also doesn't fit with the character traits of the main (anti) heros. How is The Joker involved in anything other than self gratification..Was that Will Smith I saw too? sigh. Looks like a turd to me.

.Rossi

She appeared in 9 episodes of TAS, 3 Arkham games and a few tie-ins, I really don't see how she has a set voice, so you being upset because she isn't doing a daft voice is nonsense, as I said. Also, isn't there voices in all our heads? She's a character driven to craziness by hybristophilia, always has been and I'm guessing the voices in the head of a crazy person are a lot more out there than those of an every day person.
9 episodes of TAS?? That's not true at all.
Upset? I'm not upset, I said I didn't like the fact she's not doing the voice! Just because it's "nonsense" to you, doesn't mean it's any less disappointing to me.

I've obviously touched a nerve here somewhere but, this is MY view and MY opinion! I'm not speaking for everyone, I just don't like what I've seen so far from this and BvS. But, if you're so arrogant and patronising to label my opinion as "nonsense" and laugh about it then, that's your issue not mine

Duffy

9 episodes of TAS?? That's not true at all.
Upset? I'm not upset, I said I didn't like the fact she's not doing the voice! Just because it's "nonsense" to you, doesn't mean it's any less disappointing to me.

I've obviously touched a nerve here somewhere but, this is MY view and MY opinion! I'm not speaking for everyone, I just don't like what I've seen so far from this and BvS
In the main TAS series, she one of the main villains in 9 of them, having any descernable screen time across the 20-25 minute episodes. Upset, dissappointed, same thing. No nerve, I just think you're talking nonsense. That's MY view and MY opinion :lol:

.Rossi

In the main TAS series, she one of the main villains in 9 of them, having any descernable screen time across the 20-25 minute episodes. Upset, dissappointed, same thing. No nerve, I just think you're talking nonsense. That's MY view and MY opinion :lol:
It clearly annoys you if you felt the need to actually quote me and talk to me about it :D

Duffy

It clearly annoys you if you felt the need to actually quote me and talk to me about it :D
I just don't get it, I don't get how you can criticize and be disappointed something so trivial and daft. You must have some messed up voices in your head.

.Rossi

I just don't get it, I don't get how you can criticize and be disappointed something so trivial and daft. You must have some messed up voices in your head.
I'm not here crying into a fecking pillow ffs :lol: I just expected Harley to sound the way she did from previous incarnations, hence why I felt a bit "Ah :/ " when I heard the voice. And she sounded a bit like Harley in the first trailer.

I'm not going to boycott the movie because of it. I'll still be going to see it, so you're kinda making it more of a big deal than I am :D

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm glad they don't pander to all the comic book readers because I couldn't care less about any of these criticisms. Looks great to me.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I'm not here crying into a fecking pillow ffs :lol: I just expected Harley to sound the way she did from previous incarnations, hence why I felt a bit "Ah :/ " when I heard the voice. And she sounded a bit like Harley in the first trailer.

I'm not going to boycott the movie because of it. I'll still be going to see it, so you're kinda making it more of a big deal than I am :D
Who cares what she sounds like.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea

She sounds daft. Why would you want any person to sound like that?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I thought the same thing, it looked very poor. It's also doesn't fit with the character traits of the main (anti) heros. How is The Joker involved in anything other than self gratification..Was that Will Smith I saw too? sigh. Looks like a turd to me.
He isn't a member of the Suicide Squad. He'll have his own agenda.

.Rossi

Who cares what she sounds like.
Ah here, for feck sake.

When I mentioned it, I didn't mean for people to actually enter into a discussion about it with me. It's a minor thing yes but, it's just how I always imagined Harley and how I grew up with her sounding is all. Like I said, i'm not going to be outside the cinema, demonstrating and protesting about it.....Would be kinda funny though

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Ah here, for feck sake.

When I mentioned it, I didn't mean for people to actually enter into a discussion about it with me. It's a minor thing yes but, it's just how I always imagined Harley and how I grew up with her sounding is all. Like I said, i'm not going to be outside the cinema, demonstrating and protesting about it.....Would be kinda funny though
Okay then, I grew up with batman having bat nipples and a bat credit card. If Ben Affleck doesn't have any of that I will hold it against him.

.Rossi

Okay then, I grew up with batman having bat nipples and a bat credit card. If Ben Affleck doesn't have any of that I will hold it against him.
Alright, no need to be a dickhead about it.

I was just thought Margot Robbie would have done the voice, as the first trailer made me think she had the voice. Why you're being condescending like that is beyond me. Why I'm even explaining this to you is beyond me but, there you go.

I'd also edit your post before it ends up on Reddit.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea

I was just thought Margot Robbie would have done the voice, as the first trailer made me think she had the voice. Why you're being condescending like that is beyond me. Why I'm even explaining this to you is beyond me but, there you go.

I meant to say bat nipples!

Sorry if I was being condescending, didn't mean to be. I just think a voice is the least of any bodies worries really. I thought Ledgers voice was a bit odd until I watched the film.

Duffy

Nobody is being a dick, people questioned why you thought the daft voice necessary and you've saw your arse with about 3 different people.

Sylar

i'm not going to be outside the cinema, demonstrating and protesting about it.....Would be kinda funny though
The thought of that makes me laugh hah.

He isn't a member of the Suicide Squad. He'll have his own agenda.
This is what intrigues me most, we dont know how Joker plays into all of this (and they havent given an indication).

.Rossi

I meant to say bat nipples!

Sorry if I was being condescending, didn't mean to be. I just think a voice is the least of any bodies worries really. I thought Ledgers voice was a bit odd until I watched the film.
OK look....

I'm a massive Batman fan. I don't like any other superhero apart from Batman.
Harley Quinn, to me, was always about her obsession with The Joker, her struggle between good and bad(when Joker pissed her off) certain words only she could say and get away with and the voice she had that everyone knows.

When I saw the first trailer, I thought Robbie had her nailed including the voice. After this second one, I think it's too over the top and it's more obvious she doesn't have the "Harley" voice.

Now, I'm "upset" nor am I "angry"
Just, when I heard it I thought, "Oh...Ah well" And I just made a passing comment about it on here is all. I'm not trying to debate this small fact with anyone....

I would have thought my "Will Smith shouldn't be Deadshot" line would have been more debate worthy

Sylar

I would have thought my "Will Smith shouldn't be Deadshot" line would have been more debate worthy
I think a lot of people said that tbh, hoping he doesnt become the central focus of the Suicide Squad and isnt Will Smith playing Will Smith who plays dress up. If theres balance regarding screen time and dialogue, I think he could be decent.

.Rossi

Nobody is being a dick, people questioned why you thought the daft voice necessary and you've saw your arse with about 3 different people.
Yeah....Yourself and Gol are 3 people :lol:

If you'd have asked, I would have told you. Instead you got patronising with me and dismissed something I think as "nonsense"

If anyone saw their arse, it was you because you seemed more bothered by it than me. Wasn't as if I was forcing my opinion on anyone or saying "NO DON'T GO SEE IT!!!"

.Rossi

I think a lot of people said that tbh, hoping he doesnt become the central focus of the Suicide Squad and isnt Will Smith playing Will Smith who plays dress up. If theres balance regarding screen time and dialogue, I think he could be decent.
Pursuit of Happiness....He was brilliant in that.

Tbh, he's good in everything but, as you say, I can't help but think of Will Smith playing Will Smith.

Duffy

Yeah....Yourself and Gol are 3 people :lol:

If you'd have asked, I would have told you. Instead you got patronising with me and dismissed something I think as "nonsense"

If anyone saw their arse, it was you because you seemed more bothered by it than me. Wasn't as if I was forcing my opinion on anyone or saying "NO DON'T GO SEE IT!!!"
You just called him a dick? Yeah what you were saying was nonsense that's why more than a few people reacted as such. And why were you surprised people responded, its a forum?

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
OK look....

I'm a massive Batman fan. I don't like any other superhero apart from Batman.
Harley Quinn, to me, was always about her obsession with The Joker, her struggle between good and bad(when Joker pissed her off) certain words only she could say and get away with and the voice she had that everyone knows.

When I saw the first trailer, I thought Robbie had her nailed including the voice. After this second one, I think it's too over the top and it's more obvious she doesn't have the "Harley" voice.

Now, I'm "upset" nor am I "angry"
Just, when I heard it I thought, "Oh...Ah well" And I just made a passing comment about it on here is all. I'm not trying to debate this small fact with anyone....

No, I hate Will Smith in this film. He looks so out of place and uninterested.

.Rossi

You just called him a dick? Yeah what you were saying was nonsense that's why more than a few people reacted as such. And why were you surprised she people responded, its a forum?
Why am I surprised?

Because I didn't think me saying "Margot Robbie doesn't do the Harley Quinn voice" would be a line to get people angry. I would have assumed people didn't care.

Clearly it's gotten you angry and if I've ruined your evening by such a controversial statement, please accept my sincere apologies

Duffy

Why am I surprised?

Because I didn't think me saying "Margot Robbie doesn't do the Harley Quinn voice" would be a line to get people angry. I would have assumed people didn't care.

Clearly it's gotten you angry and if I've ruined your evening by such a controversial statement, please accept my sincere apologies
Nobody was angry, at least from my pov I was just bemused as to what made her voice from TAS or Arkham her definitive voice. I don't understand why you would voice a on screen character as you would an animated character, but when question you just started on with yourself then claimed others were being patronising or being dicks?

You carry on pretending I'm angry, I'm quite happy playing Fifa but you wanna carry on with yourself don't expect me not to call you out on it. You wanna have your own opinion cool but when someone discusses it with you don't act like a knob, actually try and back up what you say like an adult eh?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Watching the Harley Quinn voice mini-shitstorm....

Can you also gif the part where Will Smith goes to fight all those guards with Rossi as Will Smith (which he'll hate) and the guards as everyone else on the caf?