Summer Transfer Deadline Day - 2021-22

suheilsworld

For all your transfer deadline day deals and stories running throughout the day. We can post close to completion and completed deals here.

Expecting to be a fascinating day with us finalizing Mr. Ronaldo and some out goings for sure. Not very positive but hoping we can add a CDM.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
These are so boring these days. Every deal they talk about is just like "oh yeah I remember this being rumoured yesterday". No surprises at all.

SSN just stopped mid-program to announce some huge breaking news... it was Ronaldo joining United. Which we knew about since Friday.

Oranges038

Chelsea to send another 41 players out on loan by the end of the day. Bringing the total number of players loaned out to 473.

Blood Mage

When is the last time we signed someone on deadline day? Fellaini wasn't it? Nothing will happen. I think we will scramble for a midfielder in Jan though if the results turn to shit.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Would be happy with a loan at this rate - a body to put in that fecking hole

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
When is the last time we signed someone on deadline day? Fellaini wasn't it? Nothing will happen. I think we will scramble for a midfielder in Jan though if the results turn to shit.
Falcao

Siorac

Technically, it's today, when we finalised the deal for Ronaldo.

MiceOnMeth

I think Martial and Falcao were deadline dayers

suheilsworld

Is Serge Aurier a punt as a back up for AWB. Spurs just signed Emerson from Barca and they already have Doherty and Tanganga.

Santos J

Telles & Cavani

Dve

Just have this buzzing feeling something unexpected is going to happen today, and I think it might be Neves.

Ahmer Baig

Diogo Dalot will NOT join Borussia Dortmund as Manchester United can’t find a right-back replacement. Understand Atlético Madrid turned down a €21m bid from MUFC for Kieran Trippier. The Englishman will now definitely stay in Spain. No move in this transfer window!

Dve

A crazy Deadline domino effect: Mbappe > Real Madrid, Martial > PSG, Neves or Rice > United. That would make a perfect transfer window.

Hoof the ball

I'm not convinced Ole wants a midfield, or feels we need one. The very fact that we've been chasing a back-up right-back over and above a potentially first-team DM/CM is evidence to that. You'd never plug a secondary weakness over a primary one. Ole is convinced that Fred, McTominay, Matic is sufficient in the double pivot and that what was needed was another forward or two and a CB.

Tiber

I remember being glued to SSN on deadline day when we signed Berbatov, but that was years ago. Despite sky's continued attempts to hype it up, I can't imagine turning on SSN to find out the latest on transfers today.

According to Twitter David James is currently talking about Ronaldo, wouldn't want to miss that

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Fabrizio kind of fecked Sky for deadline day coverage didn't he? I remember back in the day leaving Sky on in the background all day and hearing news as it broke. Now, you get it on the internet hours/days before. No more fun interviews about wheeling and dealing. Just the same news repeated as nauseam for hours. Jim White kind of acts like Martin Tyler too, trying to score the soundbites a la your man off the UFC.

Banana Republic

“OK Ruben, it was a foul. You were hard done by. We understand.
Now just sign this contract and we’ll make it all go awayyyyy”

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Very underwhelming deadline day.
Well from our point of view at least we are much happier than we were last year at this stage - just coming from the 1-6 vs the current league leaders and hoping Sancho would somehow get announced last minute.

RedDevilRoshi

Fabrizio kind of fecked Sky for deadline day coverage didn't he? I remember back in the day leaving Sky on in the background all day and hearing news as it broke. Now, you get it on the internet hours/days before. No more fun interviews about wheeling and dealing. Just the same news repeated as nauseam for hours. Jim White kind of acts like Martin Tyler too, trying to score the soundbites a la your man off the UFC.
I agree. I used to take deadline day off as an annual leave holiday but now as you said, you already know about the deals/rumours before they get mentioned on SSN.

I miss having the fans lurking around in the background and crowding the reporter at the training ground/stadium when they are reporting back to the studio on any new developments.

Withnail

Well that and massive purple dildos didn't help

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Not that i think Kounde will happen now, but am i right in thinking you have to physically deposit the cash for a la liga players buyout in person?

So unless we have someone out in spain working on our behalf, we cant trigger it??

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Deadline day on sky used to be great, but effectively they just browse twitter like all of us and break it as their own "sources" now.

I do still sometimes chuck it on for the last hour or 2, but mainly just keep twitter open