Summer Transfer Window

Macern

Pee pee pants
It’s been a great window. 8/10

Onana probably the most important signing. Reminds me of when Liverpool bought Alisson.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I’d probably wait till some football was played before declaring it a 10/10 window. How do we know mount, onana and hoijlund will be a guaranteed success? And any further signings for that matter ..
I mean rating windows isn't about doing it in hindsight, any idiot could do that. It's about rating the process of us going about our business and the prospective players/needs we filled.

James35

It’s been quite underwhelming considering we’ve spent £170m.
Yeah, I’m currently thinking 6/10 at the moment but still potential to get better I guess. Prices do not bother me, used to that by now.

Hoping for a quality DM, CB to come in asap to raise it up to an 8/10.

Roboc7

It’s been quite underwhelming considering we’ve spent £170m.
Yeah I don’t think we’ve made a big step forward unless Højlund score 20 goals. I don’t see that happening this season and I think we’ll have a lot of chopping and changing up front.

I don’t think we’ve solved other huge issue either which was our total reliance on Casemiro being available and in form.

The outgoings are good, especially if they continue but we saw a huge exodus under LVG and it’s about who comes in as well. I like three players we’ve signed but we need a lot more and be interesting to see how many more players come in.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
We still have almost 3 weeks.

I'd like to see the sales and signing Pavard, Amrabat/Lavia and Todibo. That'd be superb window, I think the best since god knows when.

Telsim

We need more. Lavia and Pavard, for example. Maybe another striker.

maximus419

Squad looks a bit thin, think we needed at least 2 midfielders, and 2 strikers and a young centre back for it to be a really good window. If we don't add then I'll have the same concerns as last season, not enough quality off the bench to change games, and little chance of rotation leading to tired performances and some hefty defeats.

Plastic Evra

Squad depth is definitely the issue and as someone said we really need someone who can slot at #6 when required. We're one injury away of going from a decent midfield to makeshift solutions. There's been enough noise to think another signing in midfield (and CB) might happen at least.

Likewise top center where we need someone else. Even if MG is brought back he won't be fit right away. It didn't work great last year but maybe a CF on loan ?

I didn't expect that window to fix all the issues so if it ends with 5 signings including some of the names we're linked to, it's pretty good. Especially if Pavard is included. Amrabat looks interesting but while he makes a competent 6 (reportedly) I wouldn't mind a very defensive minded addition at one point.

However while I think this team core is shaping up nicely and should be good for 3-4 years; Eriksen, Casemiro and Varane might need reinforcement sooner.

Suspect next summer we'll see United dumping 100m on a player just to not feel left out.

JuriM

With Woodward in charge we could have signed Bellingham, Kim min Jae, Harry Kane & Moises Caicedo*

I'll see myself out.

Ludens the Red

With any window it’s complicated to judge but it’s more than just saying we signed x,y,z. You have to factor in whether the individual fit is right and compare and contrast to what your rivals have done.
Where I would be concerned about our business with these things in mind is..

Mount seemed a good fit on paper but having watched the pre season games it’s clear the balance is massively off and Ten Haag needs to alter that quickly. Signing Amrabat would probably take some of that concern away.

Onana and Hoijlund are unknown qualities compared to say Rice and Raya or Caicedo and McAllister. The latter four are all proven as big successes in the PL. So that’s two of our potential rivals who there’s a case of saying they’ve strengthened better. On the flip side Newcastle and Chelsea’s business has been meh.

We seem to be getting our sales right and generally speaking those are more black and white to judge. We all know the likes of Fred, Maguire, Vdb are never going to be good enough to play for us. So that’s a big positive.

Plastic Evra

On the new attitude to sales, I think the big test will be a year for now. If Sancho has another season like he did so far in a red shirt (and I'd very much like to see him turn it around), will the team put him on the shelf ?

LordSpud

Yeah I don’t think we’ve made a big step forward unless Højlund score 20 goals. I don’t see that happening this season and I think we’ll have a lot of chopping and changing up front.
I get this. I do think Hojlund will score the goals that we couldn't last year due to the lack of CF/Weghorst. I also believe there's no way that the rest of our players bar Rashford will be as bad as finishing. Last year it seemed if Rashford wasn't gonna score then we weren't going to score at all. I'm hoping they've worked on that over the summer - pre season says not exactly due to the chances we were still missing but let's see.

Hit It

Below is a list of players rumored to leave the club or players the club is yet to announce the future of:
  1. Henderson (26)
  2. Kovar (23)
  3. Maguire (30)
  4. Bailly (29)
  5. Evans (35)
  6. Mengi (21)
  7. Williams (22)
  8. Fernandez (20)
  9. McTominay (26)
  10. Fred (30)
  11. VdB (26)
  12. Pellistri (21)
  13. Greenwood (21)
Keep Fernandez dont care about the rest.

AneRu

I don’t think we’ve solved other huge issue either which was our total reliance on Casemiro being available and in form.

The outgoings are good, especially if they continue but we saw a huge exodus under LVG and it’s about who comes in as well. I like three players we’ve signed but we need a lot more and be interesting to see how many more players come in.
This is the most important signing we should have made straight after confirming Onana and Hoijlund. How Mount became our priority signing I will never know but I will he happy of he surprised me and did well. I'm shocked we actually turned down 30m from West Ham though, maybe ETH plans to use him in that advanced role besides Bruno/Mount depending on in-game situations.

Kag

The age profile of our signings has been good. We’ve also bought in clear and obvious positions of need. But we need more. We can’t go into the new season without another midfielder; it’s suicidal. A long-term injury to Casemiro and our season is effectively over. I’m really worried we won’t bring somebody in.

We also need a centre half in to replace Maguire. To be fair, I think we’ll do that. It’s the midfield I’m worried about.

Lights Out

Basically since the end of the summer we have upgraded on:

DDG -> Onana
Sabitzer -> Mount
Weghorst -> Hojlund

The bar was pretty low so we have improved but it isn’t really exciting and won’t take us to the next level.

Hopefully more to come.

Appletonred

Caceido would have been a monumental signing for us, however, Amrabat, Pavard and maybe a striker (Greenwood or a loan) then its a 8/10 window.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
6/10

Onana is great and was much needed

Hojlund has the potential to be great but right now he's far from the finished product.

Mount was pointless imo and that money should've been used elsewhere.

Gavinb33

When I look at what some of our rivals have done and are doing I think we have done great so far, got our 1st 2 choices in the GK and MF, likely got a 2nd option for a forward but I don't think that's a big deal, all we have to do is shift some more out and then we'll get maybe 1 or 2 more in

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not good enough

In the CF position, we are again one injury away from being in a spot of bother. Martial is an unreliable backup ST
We have no viable backup for Casemiro either.

We have though, brought in a young CF with potential and a keeper that will alow us to play how we need.

I'll reserve judgement on Mount.

We need another 3 signings (backup CF, backup DM, Maguire replacement)

bosskeano

i think we will see a lot of Marcus at CF this year with Garnacho play much more regularly...i'd prefer to see us add a real top class winger with whatever monies we have left after sales

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Mattallica20

Very happy with the window so far. Onana will reinvent the playing style more than any other position we could've changed. Finally a young striker who isn't a stop gap. Excited to see more of Mount but could see him not in our best XI. If we also end up with Amrabat and another CB can't really complain. Kane was always my dream but you can easily add 40% to what Bayern are paying if we wanted him and I don't think we should be offering those types of wages to a 30 year old anymore eiter.

hobbers

Wish we'd had the sense to accept the McTominay bid and put that and the Amrabat money to Caicedo.

Think we could rue signing 26 yo Amrabat and 27 yo Pavard while leaving Caicedo/Lavia, Todibo/Tapsoba all obvious better long term options.

lex talionis

The sales and acquisitions have been sound, but the proof will be provided on the pitch. We need to bring in Amrabat and with that we will have done as much as could be reasonably expected under the present circumstances this summer on the acquisition front.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
People pinning their hopes in Amrabat will be thoroughly disappointed. Also we signed Mount in a window where Bellingham moved clubs. Shows how far we have fallen in the transfer power chain.

Marcus

People pinning their hopes in Amrabat will be thoroughly disappointed. Also we signed Mount in a window where Bellingham moved clubs. Shows how far we have fallen in the transfer power chain.
Amrabat is the Casemiro back-up we sorely missed last season.

The Irish Connection

I’m inclined to agree with those saying it’s been underwhelming.
Just waiting patiently for the Glazers to piss off so we can start acting like a really ambitious club again.
Obviously, fingers crossed that all our signings exceed expectations.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Imo, we had 3 priorities; striker who will give us 30 goals in all competitions, midfielder who brings difference and ball playing gk.
For ball playing gk we went for the best on the marked which is great and what United should do.
Mount will not resolve our midfield problem about controling the game but he will bring something else (mobility, high press and goals probably). Good signing but nothing more and nothing less.
Hojlund; i am devided about this. I am glad that we have striker with huge potential and who is probably our long term solution but he will not be game changer this season. I expected/hoped that we will go all in for best of the best here (like we always did with strikers). I know that Osimhen and Kane were expensive but still, they would turn us in title contender.

Regarding sales; we shall see how good we were when transfer window ends.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
A club is only as ambitious as it’s owners.

And the Glazers have literally zero ambition to challenge City for top honours, or to challenge Europe’s elite. The thought of them doing so is literally laughable.

A top 4 / 5 finish is the owners’ ambition, and the transfer activities of Utd this Summer reflect that, no matter how much fans try to delude themselves otherwise.

Paul778

If we manage to sign both Amrabat and Pavard til the end of the window, it will give ETH so much tactical flexibility that I would rate this window almost a 9/10.
It won't be Pavard it will be Tobido
A club is only as ambitious as it’s owners.

And the Glazers have literally zero ambition to challenge City for top honours, or to challenge Europe’s elite. The thought of them doing so is literally laughable.

A top 4 / 5 finish is the owners’ ambition, and the transfer activities of Utd this Summer reflect that, no matter how much fans try to delude themselves otherwise.
I'm no fan of the glazers but saying this when we have spent over 400m in two summers is a bit overly harsh even for them.

The truth is our squad is way behind the other top teams so a lot of our investment is to improve things across the team, and not to put the cherry on the top with a Kane.

Devil You Know

No marquee signings for the first time in a long time.

Good.

We've filled in the gaps in the squad rather than buying for the sake of the sponsors. Very happy with that, to be honest.

whitbyviking

Have you seen him play other than the WC?
Seen him play a few times for Fiorentina, he'd be a good addition to our squad and add some traits we're missing.

Also, he outclassed Rice in the European match they played, which by scouse maths at least means he's worth £150m, and we're only going to pay £25, so drinks and canapes all round