Sun: Man Utd’s second biggest shareholder slams club’s ‘poor investment in players and personnel’

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I see Sanchez's wages have gone up to £505,000 a week.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I mean:

Sanchez,
Bailly,
Matic,
Dalot,
Mikhitaryan,
Schwienstiger

would all have claims to be the worst signings top ten for the last five years. Can someone tell me how much money was wasted on those players if we include wages?

Then we have
Lukaku,
Depay
Schniderlin,
Fred

as well.

He’s not wrong at all.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I mean:

Sanchez,
Bailly,
Matic,
Dalot,
Mikhitaryan,
Schwienstiger

would all have claims to be the worst signings top ten for the last five years. Can someone tell me how much money was wasted on those players if we include wages?

Then we have
Lukaku,
Depay
Schniderlin,
Fred

as well.

He’s not wrong at all.
Not to mention letting Di Maria go for only 40 odd mill. 20 less than we paid for him despite still being a good player.

Alabaster Codify7

Hopefully there's truth in this, because the only way major changes occur at the top in both approach and personnel is when the investors and shareholders start getting publicly pissed off.

AR87

I mean:

Sanchez,
Bailly,
Matic,
Dalot,
Mikhitaryan,
Schwienstiger

Then we have
Lukaku,
Depay
Schniderlin,
Fred

as well.

He’s not wrong at all.
Why is Dalot included in this?

roseguy64

Hopefully there's truth in this, because the only way major changes occur at the top in both approach and personnel is when the investors and shareholders start getting publicly pissed off.
There has been a change in approach and personnel at the top. More scouts and a new plan.

More should be happening though yes but judging by Woodward's interview they've done quite a bit so won't come into consideration.

Alabaster Codify7

There has been a change in approach and personnel at the top. More scouts and a new plan.

More should be happening though yes but judging by Woodward's interview they've done quite a bit so won't come into consideration.

More scouts? Doing what?
We've just signed a CB Jose wanted last summer, the best available RB in the league and a young winger recommended by Ryan Giggs. What are these new scouts doing? We have no proof of any of this:

More scouts and a new plan.

It's completely vague, there is no evidence of either of these things.

buckooo1978

More scouts? Doing what?
We've just signed a CB Jose wanted last summer, the best available RB in the league and a young winger recommended by Ryan Giggs. What are these new scouts doing? We have no proof of any of this:

More scouts and a new plan.

It's completely vague, there is no evidence of either of these things.
mainly agree but disagree to a degree

disagree because we brought in 3 players that the management properly vetted and didnt purchase based on Woodward using super agents like Raiola or Mendes like he did in the past. We brought them in based on Phelans personal experience with Maguire, and recommendations on James and AWB - this small development represents an improvement on what we saw under LVG and Jose

agree mainly though as our lack of a DoF is damning really. We still lack a figurehead to co-ordinate what's going on between the management of the team, the scouting of players, targeting and signing talent - it seems this guy Judge has the responsibility (Ed has tried to absolve himself) - not sure how talented he is but our Scouting/Procurement has been sadly lacking

it seems the extent of our scouting took us as far away as London. I find it hard to believe we didnt find any midfielders or attackers to improve the team in the Summer from any of the major European leagues. What are our Scouts doing if not finding talent? a lack of direction and leadership perhaps?

ravi2

'judging by Woodwards interview' will get you nowhere.

clarkydaz

mainly agree but disagree to a degree

disagree because we brought in 3 players that the management properly vetted and didnt purchase based on Woodward using super agents like Raiola or Mendes like he did in the past. We brought them in based on Phelans personal experience with Maguire, and recommendations on James and AWB - this small development represents an improvement on what we saw under LVG and Jose

agree mainly though as our lack of a DoF is damning really. We still lack a figurehead to co-ordinate what's going on between the management of the team, the scouting of players, targeting and signing talent - it seems this guy Judge has the responsibility (Ed has tried to absolve himself) - not sure how talented he is but our Scouting/Procurement has been sadly lacking

it seems the extent of our scouting took us as far away as London. I find it hard to believe we didnt find any midfielders or attackers to improve the team in the Summer from any of the major European leagues. What are our Scouts doing if not finding talent? a lack of direction and leadership perhaps?
Hey, its a big place :lol:

roseguy64

It has also been reported multiple places that we've made changes in the last few years regarding scouting and all that. I just don't care enough to search to defend the management.

Gandalf

Why is Dalot included in this?
He is very much on the to be determined list at this point. I wouldn't call him a flop yet and he is still very young but he has not found his position and has produced some fairly terrible performances so far. He does not look like he can cut it as a RB in a flat back 4 and I don't think he has done enough when deployed in midfield to think he is good enough there. I am intrigued to see how he would play in the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 system Ole has deployed lately, RWB could be the right fit for him long term and so hopefully he gets fit again soon and gets the chance to play there and maybe hit some form.

AR87

He is very much on the to be determined list at this point. I wouldn't call him a flop yet and he is still very young but he has not found his position and has produced some fairly terrible performances so far. He does not look like he can cut it as a RB in a flat back 4 and I don't think he has done enough when deployed in midfield to think he is good enough there. I am intrigued to see how he would play in the 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 system Ole has deployed lately, RWB could be the right fit for him long term and so hopefully he gets fit again soon and gets the chance to play there and maybe hit some form.
I agree he could well be a flop, but at his price he was more of an educated gamble on a young player that we could absolutely afford, not some high priced, high wage flop like the others he's been lumped in with as a potential top-10 worst signing over the last 5 years.

Also agree that RWB or even some RW for him looks like the position he's much better suited for. Has always looked better in those positions where he can play a more advanced role than when he plays as an RB.