Sunday 22nd September 2019 - London's national hooligan day

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They didn't really think this through when they did the fixtures did they?

United, Liverpool, Villa & Wolves fans converging on London. That's without throwing Chelsea, Arsenal, Palace & West Ham into the mix.

Millwall v QPR the day before too! Gives the police a good warm-up.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nothing will happen. Our hooligans are a disappointment now and pale in comparison to their continental counterparts.

They will more likely have a rap battle on each other’s fan TV channels.

bludsucker

Reading the thread title thought that london was organizing a purge like day where the hooligans are let loose on one day. Was disappointed when i read the op. But how about having a national hooligans day for real. Just kiddinb b

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nothing will happen. Our hooligans are a disappointment now and pale in comparison to their continental counterparts.

They will more likely have a rap battle on each other’s fan TV channels.
You say that like it’s a bad thing

stubie

Suppose one good thing is it’s from all four points of London

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You say that like it’s a bad thing
I say it like it’s a joke to be fair. It was tongue in cheek. That said, seeing our men flee the Russians in Euro 2016 was an indictment to the reputation of British hooligans.

Ludens the Red

I say it like it’s a joke to be fair. It was tongue in cheek. That said, seeing our men flee the Russians in Euro 2016 was an indictment to the reputation of British hooligans.
That’s because it was all middle class folk like mockney attending England games. Hooligans have been priced out.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Is hooliganism still a thing in the PL?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That’s because it was all middle class folk like mockney attending England games. Hooligans have been priced out.
Tbh I think it’s more a case of how strict the British authorities are on hooligans here. If I’m not mistaken, known hooligans are required to surrender their passports before England games and great lengths are taken to ensure they don’t travel from here.

Basically, we aren’t allowed to send our best men, at least not for a long time. The guys that go now just embarrass the nation by smashing up the town centres abroad and getting roundly defeated when any combat does arise. Crying shame to the ‘Golden Generation’ of hooligans from the 80s.