Super Muppet Time: The Camavinga/De Jong Dream Team Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar2290

I've been thinking: Barca need to trim their wage bill dramatically. We need a press resistant CDM.

What if(and hear me out on this one) we buy De Jong from Barca and give them the cash so they can get Camavinga.

It's been reported that Camavinga wants to play in La Liga. We best avoid another Di Maria or even Ronaldo who is going to leave us in 2-3 years and spend his prime years at Real/Barca.

Rumor has it that De Jong on the other hand isn't exactly happy with the direction of his club. Also one of his ex teamates is playing for us right now.

What if we could bring him over and help out Barca at the same time. Say we bid 50 million for De Jong. Barca then uses said money to buy Camavinga from Rennes. They can easily trim 200-250k per week while not downgrading too much their MF options. We on the other hand land one of the best CMs in the world and solve out MF issues with a deep lying press resistant playmaker. Win win for everyone involved.

Now the obvious obstacle is De Jong's insane 400k per week wage. A workaround that we could do is simply give him Maguire type wages, but also give him a sign on bonus of around 30-40 million. Might seem like a lot, but if I were to tell you that we could sign De Jong for 90 million would you consider that a good deal?

What do you guys think? Now, I'm not saying this is going to happen, but for my muppet logic it makes too much sense! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.