Superbowl v World Series

kennyj

More people watch the Super Bowl than anything else. It's more of an event. Almost everyone goes to a party or bar with a crowd to watch the game. There's also a lot of office betting pools, so most people have some money riding on it.

The World Series is a lot different. It's a best of seven games and there aren't that many parties involved unless you happen to live in one of the cities of the teams involved.

I like both sports, but the SB is a bigger event for me.

Vinay

Muppet in Training
Originally posted by kennyj:
<strong>More people watch the Super Bowl than anything else. It's more of an event. Almost everyone goes to a party or bar with a crowd to watch the game. There's also a lot of office betting pools, so most people have some money riding on it.

The World Series is a lot different. It's a best of seven games and there aren't that many parties involved unless you happen to live in one of the cities of the teams involved.

I like both sports, but the SB is a bigger event for me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's very true. In fact, base-ball catches less than a third of American audiences. American Football catches a lot more than that. American Football is the number one game here.

manufanatic

"crazy"
Superbowl is a one off so its the bigger event but the world series is etched in our sports tradition and over the entire length of the world series 4-7 games its watched by more then the single superbowl game is. The world series is almost always better then the superbowl as well.

kennyj

Originally posted by manufanatic:
<strong>The world series is almost always better then the superbowl as well.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Only when the Yankees win. ;)