Support The Boys Today, Because No One Else Will

Tom Van Persie

No relation
A lot of the England fans and press will turn on our lads especially Rashford. Hopefully this fanbase support them and Ole puts his arm around them just like how the great man did back in 1998 with Beckham. United > England.

Reactions: Livvie

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I already sent the boys nice supportive messages on Instagram. Maybe they'll read them, they probably wont, but it's something

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
A lot of the England fans and press will turn on our lads especially Rashford. Hopefully this fanbase support them and Ole puts his arm around them just like how the great man did back in 1998 with Beckham. United > England.
Fully agree. United.

Frank White

Well said but where is the fun in that? Weird to see but seems like quite a big section of are fans take glee out of seeing are players fail.

Dan_F

I genuinely don’t think the country is going to turn on them. Of course they are going to get abuse on social media, like they do by their (apparent) club fans. But yeah, I’m not seeing that reaction at all.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yeah I’m proud of the England lads, especially the United contingent. Harry’s been a giant all tournament, Luke shaw unbelievable, and rashford & Sancho were on an absolute hiding to nothing there

SirAnderson

Funnily it's the England fans that will turn on them, rather than the non English ones.
I do hope they get absolutely nothing but support, not their fault they had a manager that didn't trust them at all.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Rashford will be adored until the day he dies by every United fan on earth for the work he's done off the pitch, missing a penalty is not going to change that. Not in a million years.

Sancho was treated shockingly bad by his manager throughout the tournament. Expecting him to come on and score a penalty without kicking a ball in anger two whole games wasn't going to happen.

And don't get me started on poor Saka. Yeah, he was terrible when he came on. All the more reason NOT to include on your list of penalty takers, right? Apparently not.

This is on Southgate first and foremost.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I suspect the fact that three players missed will take the heat off them individually somewhat. Particularly given two of them barely featured otherwise.

Wolverine

Hope they can put it behind them, or even better use the lack of playing time as a springboard to prove a point next season.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m hoping the press/social media do turn & OgS harnesses a siege mentality ala Becks ‘98.

West Ham can bring out the effigies for all I care, we should be supporting the lads as best we can as a fanbase.

From a United perspective, neither Marcus nor Jadon were treated more so than tourists until Gareth needed bailing out.

It was United > England most of my life then this squad sucked me in but nope. . . Not after that display of sacrifice.

MattofManchester

Exactly this. We are United.

The pathetic posters sagging off our players has been a bit much for me tonight.

Reiver

They've got my support 100%. It shouldn't have got to penalties, Southgate's tactics brought it about. They'll be fine, coming good for Utd and England.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Annoying thing is that Rashy postponed his surgery for this. Not only is he likely to miss the start of the season but mentally he’ll take a while to recover from this.

Southgate is a coward. Look at his Greenwood treatment last year, putting Saka on the 5th pen and in general playing a million defenders every game when you have a golden attacking generation on the bench. Not even trusting Rashford and Sancho to play 3 (!) minutes, he kept delaying the subs until he was forced to make them on a defensive corner in the 120th minute. That trust from the manager must have done their confidence a world of good right before the penalties. A weakling like that doesn’t deserve to win anything.

Swiss_Red89

I will stand behind them more than ever after this. And for every United Fan who feels the need to put the knive in on them now: no words, you don't deserve to support this beautiful club.

Flytan

I place a little blame on Rashford since at this point he's experienced enough but it's almost entirely Southgate's fault. He brought on and forced 20 year olds to take penalties (one of which hadn't touched the ball yet so no match pace at all) instead of having Sterling or Grealish do it. Like I'm sorry but how the flying feck does Raheem Sterling not take a penalty?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
United players will get vilified as usual but some of you will still support England as if nothing happened.

pacifictheme

Luckily the cult of Rashford is more important than the player anyway.

Apparently people can't see a joke, so need to point out that that was a joke.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Luckily the cult of Rashford is more important than the player anyway.
Oh shut up.

I don't think that Rashford is WC and I do think he's a bit overrated. However criticising him on a fecking penalty shootout is silly. First of all because way better players had failed penalties before. Secondly having him thrown in the deep end, minutes before a penalty shootout of a Euro final is moronic.

England should get themselves sorted. They lack a manager.

Bondi77

Common sense really but I would support any footballer from any nation from any club in the same situation.
Surely people are aware of how some things can affect people in many different ways and at the end of the day it is still only a game.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
From a purely selfish perspective I am glad that Saka was the one who sealed England's fate. Else all the pressure would go on our players. TBF I think that the only person to blame is Southgate. The guy has no clue about football management.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Oh shut up.

I don't think that Rashford is WC and I do think he's a bit overrated. However criticising him on a fecking penalty shootout is silly. First of all because way better players had failed penalties before. Secondly having him thrown in the deep end, minutes before a penalty shootout of a Euro final is moronic.

If the right manager is out there, they should make a pitch to the FA. If someone can unlock that attack, England could actually win something. Golden opportunity with Spain no longer dominating, and Germany and Brazil are out of sorts.

Glorio

Oh shut up.

I think he was being sarcastic there and actually being supportive of Rashford. I know things are a tad raw, but folks, we need to breathe.

I'm not really into social media but if reports are to be believed, there should be a lot more United fans on social media than England's, and I'm hoping that means all abusive messages get drowned out by our fans. I'll play my part as I do have a semi dormant account, and I urge anyone on here to play there's as well!

Beans

Supports
Neutral
From a purely selfish perspective I am glad that Saka was the one who sealed England's fate. Else all the pressure would go on our players. TBF I think that the only person to blame is Southgate. The guy has no clue about football management.
To think that he asked Saka to take that pen, just incredible. Never should have played for penalties anyway with that keeper and Pickford being average at best. Though he did a great job, and apparently even got away with leaving his line early.

pacifictheme

Oh shut up.

It was a joke. That's the worst thread on the caf.

redshaw

Strange way for Sancho to come back to this country under a cloud. Hope he can get through it quickly and fans around the country can see Southgate fecked them over.