Sverre Nypan

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
CM/B2B.

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/X...ber-saa-rbk-talentet-betydelig-oekt-interesse

There is a lot of interest from both agents and clubs around Rosenborg's prodigy Sverre Nypan (16) these days.

Recently, he has been firmly in Svein Maalen's starting eleven. In the double header against Hearts, he showed himself to an international audience.

Several major English clubs sat in the stands in Edinburgh. According to VG, representatives from Manchester City, Everton, Wolverhampton and Brighton were in the stands at Tynecastle. The Dutch club Twente was also present.

One of these clubs is said to have shown an interest after Rosenborg went out of Europe on Thursday a little over a week ago.

TV 2 has previously reported that Manchester United have been to Lerkendal this season. According to what VG knows, the Italian big club Milan will also have made the trip to Trondheim during the season.

"If you listen and follow the rules, you can become very good. As good as Zlatan or Ronaldo and the likes."

The quote above is nine years old and belongs to a randomly chosen boy on the Nissekollen artificial grass pitch in Trondheim, recorded for a commercial about grassroots football by Sparebank 1 SMN.

The boy's name was Sverre Nypan.

Now the seven-year-old boy from Nardo has turned 16 and although "as good as Zlatan or Ronaldo and the likes" is still far away, it is closer than ever.

- I've always been a Manchester United fan. Then of course there is Real Madrid. I'm a big Ronaldo fan. It's very unrealistic, but it's the dream, smiles Sverre Nypan.

cyberman

Say what you want about Ronaldo but the status he has and the tribalism he brings ensures so many Ronaldo fans want to play for us or Madrid. Hojlund is another example.

Red Rash

There will be Sverre consequences if this kid joins Real Madrid instead of us

Redfrog

Weird he was 9 years old in the article then 7.

That’s just to point out the quality of the article where we learn literally nothing about the player.

Uniquim

Weird he was 9 years old in the article then 7.

That’s just to point out the quality of the article where we learn literally nothing about the player.
'quote above is nine years old' means that the quote was from 9 years ago, when Nypan was 7.

SoCross

Was only 7, nine years ago.

Flash in nypan, do not want.

Real_Knut

A very promising player, already playing at a good level. Has been one of Rosenborg's best players lately, impressive against Hearts. Watching him is all well and good, not sure he is so good we absolutely need to sign him. Perhaps the best path is to stay in contact with the player and Rosenborg?

whitbyviking

Watching him live at Lerkendal today. He is Rosenborgs best player at 16
Nypan looked very good today!

Are you a Rosenberg fan? I played football with Morten Bjørlo a few years ago, hadn’t realised he’d moved back to Hamkam, what was the reason for the sale? He’d played a lot of games, got a couple of goals and seemed to be doing ok?

Castia

How many do we need to sell to get this one over the line??

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
No denying he's exciting but Rosenborg's best player in 2023 doesn't actually say much. I've never seen them as poor as this year.
He's more than exiting. And yes, Rosenborg have been better, but that just makes his performance even better I would say. Performing like he does now in every game at his age, is not normal for his age. Very football smart. Last time something this happened in Norway was with Ødegaard. Also, Nypan played two matches last year too. If I remember correctly he was not even 16 when the debut came.

I do not think he goes to MU or RM though. I think they will focus very much at how he can improve, like Haaland did when choosing RB Salzburg.

Andersonson

Nypan looked very good today!

Are you a Rosenberg fan? I played football with Morten Bjørlo a few years ago, hadn’t realised he’d moved back to Hamkam, what was the reason for the sale? He’d played a lot of games, got a couple of goals and seemed to be doing ok?
Yeah, grew up supporting them and live close to the stadium. Been watching them since late 80's. He was sold because he was behind the pecking order, he didnt really make it.

Nypan scored the 3rd goal today and was good again. Exciting player

BarstoolProphet

Exciting player but he should prefer playing time over a move still. On the other hand he just signed for Mino Raiola's team, so looks like they are working to get him a big move (probably City) in the near future.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
If we do follow through with our interest I hope we go the Odegaard route rather than banging him in our youth teams.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Say what you want about Ronaldo but the status he has and the tribalism he brings ensures so many Ronaldo fans want to play for us or Madrid. Hojlund is another example.
Ferguson more than Ronaldo. Ronaldo left when this kid was 2 years old. Like most kids in the Nordics he picked United because he saw them winning or a parent/sibling is a fan. United is the biggest club in the Nordics but Liverpool are also huge despite winning feck all for a long time and that's down to parents witnessing them winning.

There's a sizeable number of Leeds and Forest fans in Iceland all things considered but you can imagine how high their average age is.

Samid

Exciting player but he should prefer playing time over a move still. On the other hand he just signed for Mino Raiola's team, so looks like they are working to get him a big move (probably City) in the near future.
Isn’t that guy dead? Don’t think City is any more/less likely just because of choice of agency.

bringbackbebe

Isn’t that guy dead? Don’t think City is any more/less likely just because of choice of agency.
I don't think we have a good relationship with them in general. We have only Bailly remaining from his agency (and they're asking for full payout of his contract to leave this season). Historically, they've always been a bunch of jerks to deal with & their aggressive approach to media creates too much noise to be worth bothering about. An old article around the time we were negotiating a contract extension with Pogba:
https://www.skysports.com/football/...lingard-teams-up-with-super-agent-mino-raiola
In a recent interview in Italy, Raiola labelled United a "club out of touch with reality" and said he would not send any of his other clients to Old Trafford as they would "ruin Maradona, Pele and Maldini".

Last edited:

Samid

I don't think we have a good relationship with them in general. We have only Bailly remaining from his agency (and they're asking for full payout of his contract to leave this season). Historically, they've always been a bunch of jerks to deal with & their aggressive approach to media creates too much noise to be worth bothering about. An old article around the time we were negotiating a contract extension with Pogba:
https://www.skysports.com/football/...lingard-teams-up-with-super-agent-mino-raiola
That was when the cnut was alive. Somehow I doubt being petty bastards towards United is part of their business model, especially as we are one of the clubs that waste the most money on agent fees.

whitbyviking

What are the Nowegians putting in the Lutefisk these days?
The training culture here is extremely high level, a bit too high level for some as there are more and more kids ending up with stress fractures young according to my sports massage therapist, but that's an aside.

They are training 3-4 times a week in every sport that they do and the facilities are top notch. So long as the coaching is a good standard, and they are world leading in some sports, then with that dedication they will continue to produce top athletes.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
What are the Nowegians putting in the Lutefisk these days?
I work with a lot of Norwegians and you'll struggle to find one that's not somewhat active. They all see to do some type of sport (Biking, Volleyball, Floorball...) and their kids are all very physically active in Team sports from a young age. They're also loaded and have great facilities so it's not surprising really.

Samid

I work with a lot of Norwegians and you'll struggle to find one that's not somewhat active. They all see to do some type of sport (Biking, Volleyball, Floorball...) and their kids are all very physically active in Team sports from a young age. They're also loaded and have great facilities so it's not surprising really.
Only difference in the last decade or so is that it went from snowing half the year to barely snowing at all so we had to find other sports to become good at.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need a United Football Group or something for players like this, otherwise we would always miss out. These are players that get signed and then sent to Braga or wherever to play games and develop. Our model is not really conducive for the best talents at the moment. We are seeing that with Mejbri and we were shown that when Bellingham made his choice from Birmingham too. At that sort of age, the best we have to offer is PL2 games and Cup competitions we are barely good enough in to get away with playing them anyway.