Swans snap up Brandy in loan deal

Kelvin

Manchester United striker Febian Brandy will be back at Swansea City next season on six-month loan deal.

Brandy, 19, spent the second half of last season on loan at the club and played a part, mostly off the subs' bench, in Swansea's promotion.

Swans boss Roberto Martinez said: "Febian's got balance, strength, sharpness and a great eye for goal.

"He's worked hard pre-season, is totally different to the players we've got and will bring more competition."

Martinez got the go-ahead on Monday night for the loan deal to retain the England Under-19 international.

"We are delighted to have him back,'' he said.

"His attitude last season was excellent and we enjoyed watching a player with Premiership potential.

"He always made it clear that he wanted to come back and join our Championship campaign and we are looking forward to seeing him perform at the next level.

"He's a great addition to the squad."

Manchester-born and raised, Brandy was first spotted playing for his local team, West End Boys, at the age of nine.

He was a regular member of the reserves throughout the 2006-07 season and was the toast of the club in August 2007 when he scored the solitary goal against Juventus to lift the Champions Youth Cup at the National Stadium in Malaysia.

Brandy made his Swans debut as a substitute in the 2-0 win over Port Vale on 19 January.

He was due to meet up with the squad again on Tuesday, in time to fly out for the club's seven-day tour of Spain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/7518459.stm

Longlivekeano

Hope Brandy goes on to maximise the potential he displayed when he was 13/14 years here. About time a local Mancunian (since the likes of Sparky Hughes) light up the stage for United

Drifter

American
Febian Brandy hopes his loan move to Swansea City can lead to a first team role at parent club Manchester United.

"I didn't play as much as I would have liked to last season and Sir Alex Ferguson said he was disappointed when I went back because he'd wanted me to play more," Brandy told the South Wales Evening Post.

"But Roberto Martinez is the manager and he knows much more about management than I do, and the gaffer at United was pleased with everything I did at Swansea last season.

"He said that if I can play a bit more this year and score some goals, I can force my way into the first-team picture at United.

"That's what Frazier Campbell has done and my aim is to try to do something like that this season."

Church o Choccy

He's 19 now so you'd think if this season ends and he hasn't been able to impress at a club like Swansea there wouldn't be too much chance of him forcing his way past Rooney, Tevez, Saha, Campbell and Welbeck, especially with the potential addition of Manucho and the constant speculation that we're attempting to sign a striker.

prateik

he came on as a sub today , played 30 minutes .
did anyone watch the game .. how was he ?

RedPhil1957

he came on as a sub today , played 30 minutes .
did anyone watch the game .. how was he ?

A few minutes after he came on Swansea went down to 10 men but from all reports they were by far the better side and on top for much of the game; that continued when Brandy was on.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
He's 19 now so you'd think if this season ends and he hasn't been able to impress at a club like Swansea there wouldn't be too much chance of him forcing his way past Rooney, Tevez, Saha, Campbell and Welbeck, especially with the potential addition of Manucho and the constant speculation that we're attempting to sign a striker.
Well he's a bit of a special case because he's so small. It might be 22/3 before his physique is fully developed and he's certainly got bundles of talent.