Kick-off
Sat, 21 February 2015 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 64 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

darko

I used to be proud that in the dying minutes of a game, chasing it, if we got a free kick near the centre circle we'd take a short one and build up an attack.

Now we lump it.

Shameful.
    It was awful to watch them do that. After all, every one knew that Fellaini was the target.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
    Same crap, different manager. Give it Giggsy till the end of the season!

Louis Van Gaal post match interviews

vibe

Ah, @vibe, but of course! You made your point so elegantly you just turned me clean around. Yes, NOW I hear the rumble of distant thunder. What a waste of someone else's money. United will probably be relegated. This team will never score another goal. Sam Alldardyce for manager next year. Year after that we are playing in the Scottish league. Thanks for the wake up call, mate.
    Funny internet shenanigans, ha ha so random!

I sure said all of that, not the fact that the investment doesn't equal 1/16th of the output.

Louis Van Gaal post match interviews:

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
    Funny internet shenanigans, ha ha so random!

I sure said all of that, not the fact that the investment doesn't equal 1/16th of the output.
    Except the club is still making masses of money, more than ever, so it quite clearly does.
    I'm the first to say the money doesn't matter to me as a fan, but under that guise the money paid out in transfers shouldn't matter either.

vibe

Except the club is still making masses of money, more than ever, so it quite clearly does.
    I'm the first to say the money doesn't matter to me as a fan, but under that guise the money paid out in transfers shouldn't matter either.
    I honestly fail to see a shred of logic in what you're saying right now.

We invested £150m to play better football than last year and currently we're 4th and just got completely outplayed by Swansea and you're talking about how we'll get the money back easily. Yes, it's £150m of our own money, which our players, staff and board earned via performances and sponsors. And yes, it's money the Manchester United brand will easily get back from shirt sales, ticket sales and all that. But I honestly don't give a flying feck about the Donald Trump aspect of this.

From any fan's perspective, these £150m were invested to improve our squad. As it stands, we're playing piss poorly, our manager is passive, our players cannot be fecked to care for the club and we are lucky to be forth. With a squad overall worth a quarter billion. Feck's sake mate, with that kind of players, in any other club - the title and a CL trophy within the next 3 years would be a minimum requirement. In the tradition of United lenience, we gave 4th as our expectation and we're barely on target to meet that, with teams playing light years better than us breathing down our necks. And you think "everything is fine"?

Wow.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    I think that a lot of us has to calm down a little bit, especially in terms of negativity. We all know that that we are crap away from home this season, we only draw games, and if it wasn’t for a deflected shot, we could and should have took one point from this game, but no it’s not set it is like it is.

I mean during the 10/11 campain, when we won the title, we didn’t won a single away games until February, and the first games of the season were apocalyptic (Berba treble agasint Pool…) when we couldn’t keep a clean sheet, and at the end of the season we were champions. I mean loosing against Swansea is not the end of the world, especially in the manner.

I watched the game again yesterday night and it’s easy to find better way to improve our team, our play. The ball from the defenders were absolutely rubbish, Daley Blind wasn’t good enough, Herrera had a very good game, went forward a lot and in second half kept playing the good balls in good moment, Di Maria had a terrible day in midfield, and one of the biggest problem (with Mc Nair), was the Fellaini issue.

LVG made a terrible mistake by playing him instead of Mata because we missed quick passes and quick play. The issue there is that our defenders, especially Rojo, when under pressure, thrown long balls direct to Fellaini, annihilating all the runs from Di Maria and Herrera, and kept our game so easily readable. We can say that we lacked pace and penetration, but indeed the plan worked until their goal.

De Gea barely touched the ball all the game, Shaw wasn’t really tested in second half so does Valencia, But yes, we conceded a poor goal and had no plan B to test here. Fellaini was already on the pitch, Di Maria had his poorest game since 4 years probably, and RVP get injured early (80th) so yeah a succession of wrong choices by LVG and very bad luck.

But it’s not all doom and gloom. We have the potential to win this kind of game and the second half (until their goal) should be enough to say that we can do things. It’s down the manager to keep the confidence in the team until the end of the season.

We shouldn’t be worried with a game against Spurs at home, one against Arsenal in May who will decide directly our fate

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 393 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw