Tahith Chong image 44

Tahith Chong Netherlands flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If you look at his first match for Birmingham he was certainly a work horse, I think he fits the box to box/winger hybrid perfectly.
Fits the coach’s profile. Bowyers a cnut but he ram around a lot so probably likes a player who works his arse off

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Bowyer only played him in midfield due to injury to a player or players from what I've read. He described it as a gamble that paid off. Hopefully we see him (Chong) played in a more advanced central role aswell as in a wide forward role during the course of the season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Chong is starting vs Bournemouth. I'm assuming he is playing in midfield going by their teamsheet.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Chong is starting vs Bournemouth. I'm assuming he is playing in midfield going by their teamsheet.
from what I could see in the highlights he’s basically been playing the Bellingham role going box to box. Mad enough but super interesting to see how it goes. Hopefully he can have a good season and fetch a handsome price (and have a good career!)

I just stuck a tenner on him to score anytime at 7/2.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Seems popular.

AltiUn

Adamsk7

He didn’t always play out wide for the reserves, sometimes he’d be a hard working 10 and on occasion box to box.
Glad to see him do well.

Alemar

Looks like it, playing on the right side of midfield.
I am fine with that as long as he starts games and plays well. But what a vision from their manager - who could think Chong would make a good box to box midfielder?)

Ali Dia

from what I could see in the highlights he’s basically been playing the Bellingham role going box to box. Mad enough but super interesting to see how it goes. Hopefully he can have a good season and fetch a handsome price (and have a good career!)

I just stuck a tenner on him to score anytime at 7/2.
My gambling hot streak continues… :mad:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Agreed with ADM comments, he could end up being best used in midfield. Perhaps lower level than United but can have a decent professional career. Also players at different pace, if he has a good loan and perhaps the one after he can still be a really good players, still only 21.

lost7

Happy for the lad, I don't know if he'll ever make it with us but he looks like a decent player

Ali Dia

I thought the way he moved with the ball at u23s he looked like George Best. If he sorts his shooting and final ball out he could be anything. Now he’s still just pace and direct running but I like him. I think this is probably his true level but he could improve to be a lower to mid PL player

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It's certainly interesting when central players have near extreme pace. You rarely see players with such pace being utilised to their potential in that position but with Tahith Chong it seems a different case, which is very interesting. He seems able to alter the tempo of his game and does have some playmaking skills, so while not exactly surprised this was still an unexpected turn of events. Very exiting.

MrBest

Looks better than Dan James, can pass, shoot and not be knocked off the ball, every occasion.

Leonzo1

watch us trying to flog him off in 2026 after we give him a nice big contract this coming summer. He won't make it here.

littleman

Some good moments but the weight of the ball, timing and the vision isn't prodigious. If he can take it up a level he'll challenge at MUFC

DevTheRed

I remember some of his best games in the reserves came in a free role in CM, seems to have good defensive work rate.

Promising loan!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
That dribbling ability used in the middle of the pitch looks scary.

I'm not sure if Chong had a history of previously playing centrally - but I wish more players get a chance to learn a new role, because alot can come good from it.

Chong as a midfielder.
Wan Bissaka as a RB
Schweinsteiger from winger to midfield etc.

Last edited:

Highfather_24

Remember when he first came on for United, he looked weak. Good to see him playing well in Championship, which is quite physical.

prateik

What next ? He'll be 22 in Dec.. will have 1 year left on his contract at the end of the loan spell.

His renewal last time dragged out a bit (apparently?) due to his wage demands..

Unless he is ready for a squad role, he might leave..

Hope he really has a great season.

Ace of Spades

As said before, don't think he has a high potential as an winger, but could be a good LB or midfielder. Seems to have toughened up a lot.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
A lingard replacement? Never really saw it in him as a winger but looks like he could add a few strings to his bow playing midfield

Gandalf

What next ? He'll be 22 in Dec.. will have 1 year left on his contract at the end of the loan spell.

His renewal last time dragged out a bit (apparently?) due to his wage demands..

Unless he is ready for a squad role, he might leave..

Hope he really has a great season.
Most realistically I think we sent him on loan with a view to putting him in the shop window for next summer. His two loan spells last season were pretty underwhelming and so there was not a ton of interest this summer, especially with finances tight in general around the leagues. If it all suddenly clicks for him this season we could keep him as a squad option but more likely we are hoping he proves himself at Championship level and we can sell him there next season a little like Liverpool just did with Harry Wilson to Fulham for 10M.

AltiUn

Ended up on RW by the end of the game but his best moments came when he was more central.

Shimo

In the video he looked very agressive / up for it. Setup two excellent chances and had a very good effort on goal early on. Good for him, seemed very bleak after the Werder loan.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm watching him live right now and he's just assisted Birmingham's second goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.