Tahith Chong image 44

Tahith Chong Netherlands flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-puma

Broke his tendon will be out for around 4-5 moths
Shit! This is terrible and he just started to enjoy game time and got applauded for his effort and performance.
Wish him a quick recovery.

Any news on when he's back? My Birmingham mate wont shut up about him, reckons he's too good for their other players.

Santos J

Any news on when he's back? My Birmingham mate wont shut up about him, reckons he's too good for their other players.
From Saturday:
Bowyer is eagerly awaiting Chong’s return, but he isn’t expecting the Dutchman back imminently.

“It’s still going to be a little while,” Bowyer reported. “When we do finally get him back, he’s still got to train with us for two weeks before we can start introducing him to games. He’s still a little way off yet.”
So would imagine he's still at least 6 or so weeks away from playing

-Supreme-

With only a years left on his deal, will be interesting to see if he will be given opportunities in the next 18 months particularly if we get Eric Ten Heg with their Dutch connections.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Hmm... unless he's going to play here, I don't think we should have recalled him. He's being praised to high heaven at Birmingham, and would've been integral to their survival fight once fit; are we just going to have him twiddling his thumbs in the squad now?

All the things I've heard about him on his loan have pointed toward a player growing by the month and really enjoying himself; I can't imagine he's too chuffed if he's back here to be a body instead of a genuine part of the rotation.

It would be some story if he were to get playing time here for the remainder of the season, though!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Probably the fact he won't be fit until late in the season, they probably aren't counting on him now.

macheda14

Hmm... unless he's going to play here, I don't think we should have recalled him. He's being praised to high heaven at Birmingham, and would've been integral to their survival fight once fit; are we just going to have him twiddling his thumbs in the squad now?

All the things I've heard about him on his loan have pointed toward a player growing by the month and really enjoying himself; I can't imagine he's too chuffed if he's back here to be a body instead of a genuine part of the rotation.

It would be some story if he were to get playing time here for the remainder of the season, though!
We're pretty light on the right wing, come the end of the season when he's finally fit we might need him.

Trequarista10

It would make sense for him to stay given we let so many players leave in January.

He's not one of the youngsters who appears to have the highest potential, but I think he has a chance to surprise some people. His pace, work rate and versatility could see him be a useful squad option and play at a higher level than more technically gifted youngsters who come through the ranks. Being left footed increases his prospects too. He can play either wing, in a midfield three and IMO as a wing back/attacking full back.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We're pretty light on the right wing, come the end of the season when he's finally fit we might need him.
Well, I hope he has been recalled with the intention of using him as it is not a good look if we've taken him off a team where he's a star to do nothing here. But we'll see, don't know enough about Ralf's tendencies to say he's wasting the kid's time by bringing him back.

Crick

Will he be registered to play? He's over 21 and we already have a 25 man squad unless we don't register Grant again. We already have 3 keepers so it's bit pointless having 4 but we have been putting 2 keepers on the bench recently. Is Grant a coach now? RR was talking about bring in a GK if Henderson went out on loan.

If Chong's still registered to Birmingham on a season loan why wouldn't he go back? Surely he's only doing his rehab here. Bowyer's been talking about him coming back for the last 2 months.

Last edited:

Mickson

Exciting!
Weird, that Pete usually is pretty reliable but it doesn't make sense. Chong is on a season long loan at Birmingham, just because he is injured that shouldn't change. Also, Bowyer has been talking A LOT about Chong coming back and he has been there visiting as well. I think he's just doing his rehab at United and will probably be back at Birmingham in a week or two to start full training.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Weird, that Pete usually is pretty reliable but it doesn't make sense. Chong is on a season long loan at Birmingham, just because he is injured that shouldn't change. Also, Bowyer has been talking A LOT about Chong coming back and he has been there visiting as well. I think he's just doing his rehab at United and will probably be back at Birmingham in a week or two to start full training.
Not unless he is being used to cover for a certain players suspension. As he is a left footed forward.

Mickson

Not unless he is being used to cover for a certain players suspension. As he is a left footed forward.
Yeah but surely United should announce that they have recalled him. I believe that he has been recalled when I see it, I don't think United will do that though.

Nick7

Yeah but surely United should announce that they have recalled him. I believe that he has been recalled when I see it, I don't think United will do that though.
We recalled him in November, no?

youngrell

I did chuckle when I saw him crop up on the United socials the day after the transfer window closed. Like a new signing indeed.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hopefully the Birmingham experience has done him some good. He's always looked a tad nervous when he's featured for us but hopefully, if he does feature, he'll be alot more composed and confident.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Hasn't he played in central midfield for Birmingham?

Yes I'm just desperate to not see Matic again this season.

Glorio

Can't wait for the next Luke Shaw interview where he raves about Chong and affirms that most of the squad have been blown away by his otherworldly ability and mentality. :drool: :drool: :drool:

If he's feeling particularly chatty, he'll probably add how everyone's completely convinced that if we had him at the start of the season instead of the other one, we'd be at least 9 points clear of City.

SAFMUTD

Isn’t that a fake account? It has 1 follower.
Definitely fake account, 6 tweets, 1 follower, account created in January.

Im actually intrigued to know how @Mickeza even find him. The account has nearly no interaction at all.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Definitely fake account, 6 tweets, 1 follower, account created in January.

Im actually intrigued to know how @Mickeza even find him. The account has nearly no interaction at all.
I just search MUFC on Twitter during transfer season and that tweet popped up - I knew the guy (he was pretending to be) is reliable for championship stuff and I don’t think the real one has a blue tick hence why I tweeted. I got played. Badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.