Talent at Ajax

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Kudus set fire to the danish Superliga, when he played for FC Nordsjælland.
He was one of the biggest talents - and most efficient attackers - the league has seen to date.
It's worth mentioning, that at the time Kudus was playing in the Superliga, another played called Daramy was likewise showing remarkable skills on the opposite flank for FC København.

Ajax bought them both.
I think Daramy has been loaned out by Ajax. He was dire for them in the few games they gave him a chance.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
I think Daramy has been loaned out by Ajax. He was dire for them in the few games they gave him a chance.
He returned to FC København on loan this season after an abysmal season last year. His physical presence is much greater, but so far he's been far from previous heights. He needs time to regain confidence and match fitness.
But had they known Antony would be sold late in the window, I'm not sure, they would've loaned him out.

demetre

Wasn't Unuvar supposed to be a big talent? I see he's been loaned out to Trabzonspor, so I assume he's not living up to expectations?

midou

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag may have an opportunity to raid more of his old club's assets after Ajax teenager Amourricho van Axel Dongen spoke about a possible reunion with his former boss.
Developed into a fantastic left winger on my Championship Manager save with Ajax, which means he is 100% going to be great. (right?)

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Wasn't Unuvar supposed to be a big talent? I see he's been loaned out to Trabzonspor, so I assume he's not living up to expectations?
He is, hasnt received a real chance. That happens when your squad os that good, was unreal in the second division last season.

Awesome final third player.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I prefer Taylor to Gravenberch personally. Far more talented on the ball than Donny and Klaassen. That comparison has always been ridiculous.

Taylor fits Ajax better with his combination of dynamism and skill.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I prefer Taylor to Gravenberch personally. Far more talented on the ball than Donny and Klaassen. That comparison has always been ridiculous.

Taylor fits Ajax better with his combination of dynamism and skill.
I have to admit, its mostly the looks that draw the comparison. Same with Gravenbergh being called a Pogba type.

Im a big fan of Gravenbergh though, he can make football look effortless.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
He is amazing. Physically very weak though. Deffo not a PL player, more of a La Liga player. Hope he does well on his loan because I have really high hopes for him.

AjaxNL

There's a lot of Ajax fans on this forum since last summer. Reminds me of the heydays of Ajax . Netwerk . to

Anyway, Kudus is great. Unfortunately, his presence in the starting XI comes at the cost of Brobbey, who is awesome too. Taylor doing really well so far as well. Timber has been mentioned enough already, great prospect

Asger

Big talents Bassey, Taylor, Timber, Rensch.

would love to see ManUtd play a practice match against Ajax.

I fear that Ajax will rage and leave ManUtd sad.

Antony is a really great player, I think he should carry the team together with Martinez.
How talented is Hlynsson?

Josh 76

6 wins of out 6 in the league. (Including 5-0 win on Saturday)
4-0 win in the CL.

Going to Anfield on Tuesday in top form. Can they ??

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Surely Gravenbergh is 10 times more talented than Taylor? Taylor so far strikes me as another 1 that will achieve feck all outside of Amsterdam. Not that Gravenbergh has lit op Munich so far.
I agree, as I've mentioned a few times in Eredivisie topic as well.

Honestly I think the best talents are now gone. Ajax still has talented players that can form a very good team, but the special talent is now gone.

Tadic over the hill, Bergwijn might now be the best player but he already flopped in PL.

Kudus has had some injuries that have really impacted his development. If he can stay healthy and get a run of games he might be that next special player. Bassey looks like a player with potential as well. Other players though, at this moment I don't see anyone being close to a real top player.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
He returned to FC København on loan this season after an abysmal season last year. His physical presence is much greater, but so far he's been far from previous heights. He needs time to regain confidence and match fitness.
But had they known Antony would be sold late in the window, I'm not sure, they would've loaned him out.
I think Ajax would have. Ajax basicly considered Daramy a flop I believe. He barely got any playing time last year.

Ajax bought Daramy after Ajax missed out on Sulemana. He never was Ajax' first choice anyway. I thought he looked decent in the first matches he played, but then somehow it seemed that he was totally ignored by ETH. He barely got any playing time and spent most or the matches with the reserves.

Amsterdammed

Supports
Ajax

Honestly I think the best talents are now gone. Ajax still has talented players that can form a very good team, but the special talent is now gone.

Tadic over the hill, Bergwijn might now be the best player but he already flopped in PL.

Kudus has had some injuries that have really impacted his development. If he can stay healthy and get a run of games he might be that next special player. Bassey looks like a player with potential as well. Other players though, at this moment I don't see anyone being close to a real top player.
Bergwijn didn't really flopped to me. Didn't get a real chance and the matches he played he did well, isn't it?

I think you forget Timber. He will be a top player. Did well in cl last year and never has problems in Eredivisie. Bassey and Kudus i do agree. And for me Taylor wel be a potentiel top player too.....but has to prove it in the big games., like against Liverpool.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
In terms of raw talent he definitely was suppose to be the next big thing. He's found it difficult to cope with the physical side of things.

Those type of players are really on a thin line that could have a big difference in outcome. Being smaller and less physical doesn't have to be a problem if you're quick enough. Not only quick in speed, but also in your mind. The sky is still the limit for smaller players that can do that, alongside their technical abilities. However if you're technically very gifted, but physically weak and not quick enough you'll be bullied at a lot of levels.

Unuvar has been struggling with that. He hasn't developed enough to join the first team and feature regularly. On the other side he did do well enough with the reserves and it wasn't really an option to keep him there for another year. I think it's good that he's been loaned to Trabzonspor. Hopefully he'll get enough games there. He's not written off yet, but it clearly is important for his carreer to make another step next season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I think Bergwijn is probably good enough for the premier league, but just joined the wrong team. He is never going to oust Son or Kane from the line up and doesn't really suit the other attacking roles there. Though as fantastic as he's been in the Eredivisie he was actually the only somewhat underwhelming player against Rangers.

Strootman's Finger

No point in talking about Taylor from a United perspective. Ten Hag didn't use him at Ajax, so he's probably not looking to bring him to United.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Bergwijn didn't really flopped to me. Didn't get a real chance and the matches he played he did well, isn't it?

I think you forget Timber. He will be a top player. Did well in cl last year and never has problems in Eredivisie. Bassey and Kudus i do agree. And for me Taylor wel be a potentiel top player too.....but has to prove it in the big games., like against Liverpool.
I am not sure about Timber. Beast for Ajax, but could be one of those players that's a brilliant suit for Ajax and its philosophy whilst not being able to cope at a higher level. Not convinced yet.

Bergwijn got some chances but didn't convince enough when Son was injured for example. It could be that Spurs just wasn't a good fit, that's true. Don't rule out that he could return to PL and be a success, however his Spurs period can only ve categorised as a flop IMO.

I think Bergwijn is probably good enough for the premier league, but just joined the wrong team. He is never going to oust Son or Kane from the line up and doesn't really suit the other attacking roles there. Though as fantastic as he's been in the Eredivisie he was actually the only somewhat underwhelming player against Rangers.
Agreed. Do think though that Gio obviously put a lot of focus on him for that match. He was ripping Eredivisie apart and it really looked like Gio had a focus on taking Bergwijn out of the game. Only there were some other players left...

Lets see if he can have a bigger impact against TAA (if he's playing tomorrow). Considering TAA's form and as I don't expect Liverpool to be as defensive as Rangers, Bergwijn should have a bigger impact than in the Rangers game.

AjaxToday

Supports
Ajax
How talented is Hlynsson?
He is very similar in appearance and play to de Bruyne.
You only see that he relies too much on his game insight, technique, he needs fysiek more power.
There are so many top talents, the greatest talent is van Axel Dongen.
only he has a lot of injuries, his lower body legs grow too fast compared to his upper body and then you get growing pains and injuries.
His legs are also very big for a 17 year old.
He is very fast, technically has won an important talents Trophy within Ajax. (Abdelhak Nouri Trophy)