Talksport Radio

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Turned on talksport this morning. Listened for a while last night. It leaves me wondering how the hell it has listeners. Their is little or no substance in the time the program is on. It’s full of matey nonsense between the co presenters. They seem to take ads every 10 minutes or so. The website is full of clickbait headlines. What a missed opportunity the station is. Their is huge interest in British football around the world and with internet stations available globally. Very frustrating

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's The Sun in audio form. I used to be a semi-regular listener until I realised what a horrible load of shouty shockjockery it was and stopped, since which time it seems to have got worse and I've also probably got more knowledgeable about sport for not having that trash in my ears.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Turned on talksport this morning. Listened for a while last night. It leaves me wondering how the hell it has listeners. Their is little or no substance in the time the program is on. It’s full of matey nonsense between the co presenters. They seem to take ads every 10 minutes or so. The website is full of clickbait headlines. What a missed opportunity the station is. Their is huge interest in British football around the world and with internet stations available globally. Very frustrating
The Drive time show is beginning to annoy me. They have about four or five topics they are going to discuss, say the lines are open, then spend most of the time as you say talking about their social life, playing commercials and then take one call in the half hour slot allowed for that topic. All we hear from Alan Brazil is where he went to lunch.

DomesticTadpole

Jim White talking about Alan Hudson taking Chelsea's long throws got me yesterday, even I knew that was wrong. White always comes across as a sanctimonious slimeball.

CallyRed

I listen to it on my commute to and from work, it is trash radio but it does amuse me. Take it with a pinch of salt, you know they are WUMs trying to get people to call in

Steve Bruce

Talksport has got worse as time has went on. Colin Murray left the station because of the owners. He is a Liverpool supporter but he was reasonably balanced. White is a massive downgrade

DomesticTadpole

Talksport has got worse as time has went on. Colin Murray left the station because of the owners. He is a Liverpool supporter but he was reasonably balanced. White is a massive downgrade
I liked Murray. White is always making out everybody is his mate.

Tel074

The evening show with Cundy and Goldstein is a good listen

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Depends on the show. Simon Jordan is always worth a listen, as is H&J.

DomesticTadpole

Depends on the show. Simon Jordan is always worth a listen, as is H&J.
I like H&J. Simon Jordan is pretty good. It is probably that we are so bad at the moment so they are putting the boot in. Enjoy it more, like most fans when we are playing well.

romufc

It is one of the most annoying radio stations. Used to listen to it alot before.

Now, I hardly ever tune into it. There are way too many ads and very little substance.

DomesticTadpole

It is one of the most annoying radio stations. Used to listen to it alot before.

Now, I hardly ever tune into it. There are way too many ads and very little substance.
Agree with that, they will even cut people off to go to an ad.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Do bears crap in woods?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Used to love the Breakfast show when it was Mike Parry as co host "jockeys having wing mirrors" "goals should be 10ft" "clubs from cities like Sheffield and Bristol should merge" just some of the topics. :lol:

I agree it's got more of a tired aspect these days, can see Brazil being moved on when his contract ends.

Jim White show is pretty poor.

Hawskbee and Jacobs still good.

Drive....I actually don't mind Goughie, think he's a better pundit than most give him credit for. Durham is a very good host when he's not in WUM about Arsenal or Spurs.

Never really listen to the evening shows unless there's a live match on, remember years back they had a very good european football show with likes of Balague and Marcotti in studio (period when they weren't as well known to the UK sports fan as they are now).

Irony is they now have more live football than ever, 3 games on Saturday and more lower league on Talksport 2 plus the odd european game.

Think it was described as pirate radio on steroids which is pretty accurate.

Needham

I've listened to it late at night. Tried to sleep to it and use it early mornings as some kind of future reminder of nostalgia for times past. But its just too fecking stupid.

DomesticTadpole

White is constantly describing everything on his show as massively "exciting" ( see Athletico Mince for Bob Mortimer's excellent impression ). And the weekend dreck with Bingham & Cascarino has you diving for the Mogadon.
Those two cannot get any thing right between them. Although Georgie probably has more footballing knowledge than the ex-footballer.

DomesticTadpole

Now they have fans of every other teams ringing in to gloat about us hopefully getting a hammering on Sunday. It appears revenge is a dish best served cold.

ash_86

Their app ..yuck .. really sucks. They call it no distraction app and goes ahead and puts ad's on video player. You have to drill down to get to the date and show like a calendar type grid which never sticks. If you get a phone call while listening and once you're done the app refreshes itself and takes you to the top from where you need to drill in the dates and select show again. Try doing this while driving :mad:

Speedicut75

Now they have fans of every other teams ringing in to gloat about us hopefully getting a hammering on Sunday. It appears revenge is a dish best served cold.
TalkSport steadfastly adhere to the concept of impartiality I'll have you know! I mean with pundits like Danny Mills, Trevor Sinclair, Danny murphy, Tony Cascarino ( life long Liverpool fan, apparently ), and the truly execrable Micky Quinn how can you doubt their bona fides?
I know they also entertain the opinion of ex-utd players but there does seem to be be a decent amount of schadenfreuder flying about, both here and elsewhere, at present.

AFC NimbleThumb

I have no clue why people give this station, along with certain newspapers podcasts the ear time.

“United are bad so let’s get a perspective on their situation from ex-‘rival’ players & a bitter premier league fanbase”.

Store these memories, it’ll make the eventual comeback [no matter how far away] sweeter.

DomesticTadpole

TalkSport steadfastly adhere to the concept of impartiality I'll have you know! I mean with pundits like Danny Mills, Trevor Sinclair, Danny murphy, Tony Cascarino ( life long Liverpool fan, apparently ), and the truly execrable Micky Quinn how can you doubt their bona fides?
I know they also entertain the opinion of ex-utd players but there does seem to be be a decent amount of schadenfreuder flying about, both here and elsewhere, at present.
He is and cannot resist bringing Liverpool into every single thing under discussion. It is annoying. Micky Quinn I just turn off, he cannot hide his hate of United.

DomesticTadpole

I have no clue why people give this station, along with certain newspapers podcasts the ear time.

“United are bad so let’s get a perspective on their situation from ex-‘rival’ players & a bitter premier league fanbase”.

Store these memories, it’ll make the eventual comeback [no matter how far away] sweeter.
Probably because if you like sport you listen to a sports radio station. 5live is not much better and they do not do all day sports discussion.

yamo123x

DEPENDS on presenter, Goughy and Durham are ok, brazil is ok, but cannot stand Cundy, Mick Quinn, Jim White et al

DomesticTadpole

DEPENDS on presenter, Goughy and Durham are ok, brazil is ok, but cannot stand Cundy, Mick Quinn, Jim White et al
All Brazil talks about is the good old days and how many events he can wheedle his way into for nothing. He knows bugger all about today's football. Cundy is on now and is blaming Woodward for the mess we are in. Quinn I cannot stand and as I have said before White is a sanctimonious slimeball.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Probably because if you like sport you listen to a sports radio station. 5live is not much better and they do not do all day sports discussion.
That's pretty much me. I only listen to radio in the kitchen, and when in there it's either 5Live or Talksport because I like sport. Occasionally Classic FM if both have rugby on or something else I'm not interested in.

Now I don't turn 5Live off immediately if sport isn't on, depends on the presenter. Rhod Sharp is decent on 5Live late at night for example and their drive show is ok at tea time. Nihal Arthanayake is awful though, besides he's up against H&J who have one of the better shows on TS.

TS is no worse than reading this place.

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed to much macho, matey nonsense. Sure the radio personalities have to be interesting and endearing but not like that for me. Rather hear some intelligent insight, I think many of the youtube football channels and podcasts do a much better job talking about football...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
No thanks - it's Brexit HQ.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They will insist on having Ian Holloway on who is one of the worst culprits, then god help us with Neil Warnock who I doubt has ever left the country.
Not to mention Big Sam, mate.

Patchbeard

Hawksbee and Jacobs are still very good in my opinion, unless they're chatting boxing. They are the only remaining good thing about that station though.

DomesticTadpole

Hawksbee and Jacobs are still very good in my opinion, unless they're chatting boxing. They are the only remaining good thing about that station though.
They know they have a free run at it, need another all day sports station to make them up their game.